Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: CVO Breakout: primary case bouncing off the road?  (Read 10658 times)

Mutant

• NH

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout (Red)
    • CVO2: 2022 RG Limited (Hightail Yelow)
Re: CVO Breakout: primary case bouncing off the road?
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 10:57:41 AM »

Got me curious as well. I went out and looked at my primary case. No scratches. I have had peg scrapes and the heal of my boot touch. I accept that as a indicator that I am at the limit. I have learned to adapt my cornering style and primarily the speed. If I use the text book out-in-out on the curve I have few if any scrapes. My rear tire wear pattern also shows I am using it all. I ride a lot of curve filled secondary roads here in New England and what fun. Agree on the suspension advise. The manual gives the settings for the rear shocks according to rider weight and how they are adjusted. I have the wrench, I think it was around $10.00 when I bought it. If you haven't yet, I agree with the previous advise, crank them to the highest setting. Additionally if you wear a hole in the bottom of the primary it will make for a bad day.

I love my CVO BO and as powerful and fun as it is - it ain't no rice rocket and I don't have metal wear pads on my knees.
Life is short - Create Adventure

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 12:14:45 PM »

For those who just have to ride on the ragged edge, they can also take a page from the road racing guys and learn how to "hang off" the bike to allow higher cornering speeds without dragging all the hard parts.  It's actually a good technique for everyone to learn, since it can save your bacon if you find yourself getting into a corner too hot.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Deuce2004

• Junior CVO Member
  • Freedom To Associate

• CVO1: 2004 Screamin Eagle Deuce
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 03:46:04 AM »

My Deuce primary touched the asphalt
Was a scary moment
Craig
Such Is Life

Breakout

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout gold candy
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 10:48:46 AM »

i have a "whisker' engine guard, this one is touching the  asphalt before anything else so it is really doing where i bought it for , guarding my bike.

2013 CVO Breakout Hard Candy Gold , Jekill&Hyde Shorty, SERT, Daymaker , Elite Air Filter.

ChromeDream

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout Liquid Sun
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2013, 01:19:47 PM »

@Craig
Hopefully you didn't fall over with the bike. Is the primary case still ok?

Mine is scratched, but beside of cosmetic point of view, there's no issue with it.

I applied two countermeasures: ;-)
1. Let my dealer to adjust the suspension to the max. 6 (one hour of work!)
2. I'm respecting the warning signal if scratching the pegs and don't raise the feets furthermore

I think we have to live with some bend limitations on our bike. But that's ok, I love the CVO Breakout and wouldn't change my bike to anything else right now. In the mean time I drove 9500km (6000 miles) and I'm having an absolutely great summer with my "baby". ;-)

Deuce2004

• Junior CVO Member
  • Freedom To Associate

• CVO1: 2004 Screamin Eagle Deuce
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2013, 04:54:09 PM »

ChromeDream
I had to put my boot in between my bike and the road to stop her sliding down
I have rectified the problem I purchased a 1250 Bandit to ride like a mad man and now ride my Deuce with less suicidal tendencies
One bike does not do it all
Craig
Such Is Life

clubhes

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Breakout, Hard Candy Gold Dust / Liquid Sun
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 11:45:12 PM »

I've never had this problem, and I've done the Tail of the Dragon 4 times, the Rattler, and many other drastic mountain roads. I do raise my feet as the pegs scrape.

crawlgsx

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2013, 08:45:00 AM »

Also baffled by this. I have mine lowered 1" with Progressive 422's, but had 4k miles on my bike before that. I lean pretty hard and don't take it easy on curvy roads and I have never scraped my primary. Pegs/boots plenty, but never the primary. I have aftermarket pegs with no feelers, and I scrape those if I lean real hard but that is it.

ematicic

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 Break Out
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2016, 03:33:53 PM »

Maybe rider weight is part of the puzzle, 225 here and I scrape on twisties. Now I knew I was scraping pegs for awhile and never cared that much but when I was cleaning her up for a nice Spring ride I saw the scrapes on the primary and pipes on the other side. Maybe I ground too much of the pegs off :) Glad I noticed before I had to replace the primary. My buddy had a VRod and we would tear up Skyline drive a few times every summer.

SSTuner

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Pro Street Breakout
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2016, 08:09:42 AM »

WOW, now thats riding on the edge on a Harley.  I thought I was doing good by just scraping my heals when I'm up on Skyline Drive.
Ray
2016 CVO Pro Street Breakout
Starfire Black
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.