Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clutch lever travel fix  (Read 995 times)

Sruth929

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

Clutch lever travel fix
« on: March 13, 2020, 05:05:25 PM »

Thought I’d post up this info about the clutch lever travel fix for my 2014 ultra Cvo. I seen a few people talking about the engagement of the clutch lever and mine bike also had the engagement was almost at the end of release of the lever. It made it hard to maneuver when on an incline but overall tricky to slowly engage because of where it started to grab. So I thought about an adjustable lever but didn’t like anything I seen. Then I read about a cheap fix that helps put the engagement closer to the bar.(where it should be!) I have heard This can be in the 2014 -2018 Bikes with the slipper clutch. So for the 2019+ they changed a spacer ring that is in the back of the basket. It is just a tad thicker than the OEM part but it worked for my bike. It was easy to install just pull the clutch fiber plates out,remove the ring that’s cone shaped and it’s the last ring to remove. The cost is about $12.00 . The new part number is 37000295. My dealer had it in stock.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Clutch lever travel fix
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 05:24:28 PM »

Not all of us have a problem with the engagement being close to end of travel. I always kept the cable ones adjusted way out, back then it allowed less needed movement of the lever for fast shifts and now it means less travel needed to shift or use the friction zone.
Needless to say I like it, every bike I have owned has been hydraulic clutch since '05 and all were the same so a whole generation of riders that came along in the last 15 years know nothing else.

fos41

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 02:28:05 PM »

Thank you for the post with part number Sruth 929, read a lot on this this topic the updated spacer recently, I am going to give it a try. Just wanted to add my experiences  did not know about the A & S clutch and would have never bought the `15 C.V.O. knowing  what have learned about it and it`s poor function.

Own a `15 CVO Street same clutch troubles as many report  very late engaging friction point with no progressive application, on test ride the first time put in gear flaky engaging; dealer said "normal operation? The bike had 5033 miles and felt like clutch was worn out. My future dream bike with a warranty that is ignored by the H.D. Dealer; told them bought the best and most expensive bike you offer that comes with substandard clutch operation pathetic!

Months later, I harassed a second opinion H.D. dealer into to replacing the clutch assembly also and install new clutch master cylinder, thankfully under warranty the clutch operation and engaging point was perfect at the mid point of lever movement and progressive.

The dealer wound not tell me the old plates thickness or condition,  know hydraulic clutch isn`t adjustable; but clutch pack stack thickness dictates the clutch friction engage point after 12k miles of easy riding this A&S mess is going away again.

Some say the hydraulic clutch is the problem, owned a `05 C.V.O. Electra Glide with hydraulic clutch 18 k when bought worked fine normal-midpoint engaging clutch friction zone with progressive application worked fine through the time owned it w/ no complaints 3 1/2 years  the`05 had the old style "non slipper clutch". Thanks for listening.

Donnie

Sruth929

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 11:52:06 PM »

If it works as well as mine you’ll be happy. I got to ride Sunday for about 3 hours and the clutch engagement is right where it should be. The clutch still has a small slip range but at least I have more control now. I hope it works out as well as mine did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 22 queries.