Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: High Voltage issue  (Read 1094 times)

firemarshall

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WY

High Voltage issue
« on: July 10, 2021, 11:28:20 AM »

I am having issues with my 2012 CVO. I was riding the other day and my volt meter went over to 16 volts and my dash light shut off. I rode home and i hit the rail road track pretty hard and the voltage drop back down to 14.2 and all was good took it to the dealer and they said change the battery. So i changed the battery as they said. Then i rode a 20 more miles and it happened once more. Here are the codes i am getting P0563 - B1006 -  B1007.   any help would be great.

Thanks

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: High Voltage issue
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 12:09:00 PM »

All three codes relate to higher than expected voltage.  The battery would not have been my first guess (perhaps they had some inventory they needed to move?).  You'll likely end up replacing a voltage regulator.  But, of course, do the obvious and simple things first making sure all cable connections are clean and tight (both ends).  Then probably replace the voltage regulator.

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
Re: High Voltage issue
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 11:53:48 AM »

my experience ( and that's little) on my 2012 & 08 was voltage regulator & it was the same symptoms as you described. meter reading high then low or normal. changed out regulator on 08 & no more issues. had to call MOCO on 2012 to get dealership to change it under warranty. they kept jerking me around. but once done, no more issues & that's been probably 7 yrs ago.  good luck !  :2vrolijk_21:  btw ,it's a fairly simple task.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.