Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Extended warranty  (Read 8033 times)

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
Re: Extended warranty
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2007, 09:28:42 PM »

Get it! Get It! Get it NOW!!!!! So far on my 2006 Cuse it has cost the MOCO $12,000+ in warranty repairs! I am covered until 12-08 and will be shopping for an extension before then. Money well spent!

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2007, 10:01:03 PM »

Get it! Get It! Get it NOW!!!!! So far on my 2006 Cuse it has cost the MOCO $12,000+ in warranty repairs! I am covered until 12-08 and will be shopping for an extension before then. Money well spent!

I'm worried now.... I have the same model... what problems did you have?

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 09:11:47 AM »

I have the extended warranty. That way nothing will ever go wrong.  ;D My question is- Can you add the tire and wheel hazzard warranty anytime during the factory warranty as you can the extended warranty? 
bobaroni,
Good question on adding the tire/wheel road hazzard warranty.  :nixweiss:  The best thing I can tell you is, call your servicing dealership and see if you can add it.  I just had a rear tire replaced on the warranty and it didn't cost me a dime, so well worth it.
Cheers  :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 08:09:57 PM »

I'm thinking of adding extended warranty to my 07 as I too was hit with the rear cylinder syndrome new cylinder,rings,gaskets ect. Mechanic told me the the new cylinders are machined on top to stop the leaking?? More material/surface area. Makes sense but why not do the front as well?? I'm sure I was feed the a line of bull. :worthless:

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2007, 05:50:16 AM »

I'm thinking of adding extended warranty to my 07 as I too was hit with the rear cylinder syndrome new cylinder,rings,gaskets ect. Mechanic told me the the new cylinders are machined on top to stop the leaking?? More material/surface area. Makes sense but why not do the front as well?? I'm sure I was feed the a line of bull. :worthless:
sky,
All I can say is I'm glad I bought the warranty when I bought the bike.  At that time I didn't know the 110's were having all the issues they are.  But after being on this forum for quite a while, I can see where the warranty is going to come into play.  I haven't done any internal mods to my engine, and am not planning on doing any soon.  It seems to be running tight right now, no evidence of any seepage at 5K, so if I don't ever use my extended warranty, I'll be very happy, but I think I'll be happier that I got it, as it will probably be needed.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,

2012 FLHXSE3

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2007, 07:22:38 AM »

bobaroni,
Good question on adding the tire/wheel road hazzard warranty.  :nixweiss:  The best thing I can tell you is, call your servicing dealership and see if you can add it.  I just had a rear tire replaced on the warranty and it didn't cost me a dime, so well worth it.
Cheers  :2vrolijk_21:,

Red,
I like you have had a wheel changed, but you and I are still under the two year warranty anyway.  I guess I should have asked if your wheel issue was due to road hazard or quality.

The reason I opted not to buy the tire and wheel coverage was that the work needed to be done by a dealer.  The only time we ever have tire issues, the dealers aren't open.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

REGGAB

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2007, 07:29:21 AM »

Red,
I like you have had a wheel changed, but you and I are still under the two year warranty anyway.  I guess I should have asked if your wheel issue was due to road hazard or quality.

The reason I opted not to buy the tire and wheel coverage was that the work needed to be done by a dealer.  The only time we ever have tire issues, the dealers aren't open.

I 'spose I lucked up on that one.  I had a front tire problem on the way to Rolling Thunder this year, the Friday before.  Luckily the dealer was open.  New tire.  No charge save for TN sales tax.

Question is:  If I switch tire brands to other than stock for my year model bike, even if to the the new MOCO endorsed Michelins, will coverage still apply?  Hmmmmm............need to research that one.

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2007, 11:42:25 AM »

Murphy,
This may not be a complete list, but here goes:
Complete paint set
Tank emblems (second set mounted wrong)
ECM times 3
Mufflers
Heated grips times 3
Garage door module
Exhaust heat shield
Motor mount times 2
Tank center console
Throttle cables
The labor hours spent searching for the exhaust leaks and pinging would make your head spin. I refused to spend $$$ on the race tuner (for now) just to get a $36,000 bike to run.
 Right now the bike is running great! We are very happy we kept it, there has been many weeks/months with the bike at the dealer that we considered selling it. As of today the bike is staying with us.  Dave

charlie

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2007, 06:17:56 PM »

I plan on getting the extended warranty when it's time every one I talk to say's it's worth it.

Break-In

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary Edition 513/900
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO3: 1997 FXSTC
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2007, 06:47:48 PM »

best money I ever spent

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 09:44:38 PM »

Red,

skremin,
I had the rear tire replaced, which the 2 year warranty doesn't cover.  It had a nail lodged in it, and fortunately, it didn't lose any air, so I drove it to the dealership and had them replace it.  I carry a plug kit and air compressor, just in case I have a problem that causes a flat.  The plug repair is supposed to be good for up to 250 miles, at least that's what the kit said.  So that should give me plenty of distance to get to any HD dealership.
cheers :2vrolijk_21:,

2012 FLHXSE3

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 09:48:50 PM »

I 'spose I lucked up on that one.  I had a front tire problem on the way to Rolling Thunder this year, the Friday before.  Luckily the dealer was open.  New tire.  No charge save for TN sales tax.

Question is:  If I switch tire brands to other than stock for my year model bike, even if to the the new MOCO endorsed Michelins, will coverage still apply?  Hmmmmm............need to research that one.
Regab,
I don't know why you wouldn't be able to specify the Michelin as a replacement tire now that HD endorses them and has them in their catalog.  I'm not a tire expert, but I've heard that you should mix brands though, and if you replaced one tire with one brand you should replace the other with the same.  Anyone know if that's true, or just sales hype to get you to buy two tires?

2012 FLHXSE3

REGGAB

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2007, 08:04:44 AM »

skremin,
I had the rear tire replaced, which the 2 year warranty doesn't cover.  It had a nail lodged in it, and fortunately, it didn't lose any air, so I drove it to the dealership and had them replace it.  I carry a plug kit and air compressor, just in case I have a problem that causes a flat.  The plug repair is supposed to be good for up to 250 miles, at least that's what the kit said.  So that should give me plenty of distance to get to any HD dealership.
cheers :2vrolijk_21:,

Similar incident on my way to Rolling Thunder.  Was on I-24 when I heard something beatin' against my front fender.  Stopped.  No visible damage save the small piece of pallet wood hanging off my front tire.  Pulled it out.  Couldn't hear air escaping since I was right next to a rail yard in full swing.  Called Thunder Creek and made my way there.  12 miles later at Thunder Creek, there was 18 psi in the front tire.  Really glad I have that tire and wheel coverage.

REGGAB

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2007, 08:09:10 AM »

Regab,
I don't know why you wouldn't be able to specify the Michelin as a replacement tire now that HD endorses them and has them in their catalog.  I'm not a tire expert, but I've heard that you should mix brands though, and if you replaced one tire with one brand you should replace the other with the same.  Anyone know if that's true, or just sales hype to get you to buy two tires?

Well, it probably is sales hype when it comes to mixed brands, but I think the real threat comes from mixed types (bias/radial).  Then there's folks like me who just can't get past having everything match, so if the rear gets changed to something else, then the front will too...........no matter how much serviceability is left in it.  Gotta match!   ;D

I have decision to make about tires, and I'll probably go with Mics............just to keep my tire and wheel coverage active.  Heck, I paid for it........may as well use it..............even if I never do again................but one never knows when chit will happen.

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2007, 03:36:53 PM »

Anyone know if I can buy an extended warranty from a US stealer if I live in Canada?

Just figured with our dollar doing so well..... might be worth it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.