Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: "Must mod" for any touring bike...just completed on my '10 SEUC  (Read 7501 times)

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)

Its worth noting that my need for this mod comes from the perpective of a 6'4" frame and a size 12 boot. The floorboards on my 2010 SEUC are simply to close to the bike and too far back to be comfortable. They had to be moved but I wanted the relo to look complimentary to all the chrome on the floorboards of an SE bike.

I looked at various options and I could only find one that moved the boards outwards 1" AND forward 1" AND would be compatible with my lower fairings AND were available in chrome to compliment the bike.

I just finished the install and I have to say I'm very pleased with the improvement, the look and the overall design. I installed Kuryakyn's chrome floorboard relocators part #4588 - $79. I can tell you these are a perfect fit for the 2010 SEUC and are designed for most other HD Touring models.

Takes an hr or so to install only because the chrome plating makes the allen wrenchs a tight fit on the chrome shoulder bolts. You'll need to work with the bolts and your allen wrench before trying to install. Start by forcing the allens into their socket past the thicker chrome plating before starting the install. After a few dry fits you'll be ready for the install and the allens will go in smoothly. The kit comes with a few chrome washers but I found I needed a couple more than they included in the kit to ensure a nice snug fit. Not critical if you don't have them but I found using a couple more SS washers made for a rattle free assembly.

The feeling of the extra floorboard space is actually a relief and makes placement of your boots for braking, toe shifting and heel shifting sooooo much better. This mod is a no brainer for anyone seeking more use of their floorboards and a more comfortable ride. Here's a few after shots of the install.  

Left FB from above...note the board is now forward, outward and slightly into the lower fairing (no rubbing whatsoever on the fairing).

« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 10:39:50 AM by Heatwave »

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

Re: "Must mod" for any touring bike...just completed on my '10 SEUC
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 11:34:34 PM »

pic #2 another shot of left FB from above

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 11:37:39 PM »

pic 3 Right floorboard

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 11:39:00 PM »

pic #4 view under rear of right floorboard. Note Chrome is particularly smooth on top and rougher below from casting. Bracket is very robust.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 07:58:07 AM by Heatwave »

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 11:43:30 PM »

pick #5 last pic under front bracket of right FB. Note the allen set screw. This set screw came with locktite applied  and is used as an adjustment screw to ensure a rattle-free install that provides a "solid" feeling when your boots are resting on the FBs. This adjustment screw is on both sides.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 06:46:00 AM »

Nice job as well as find.  Are these different than the other ones people on here have put on?
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 07:02:15 AM »

the ones from Harleygoodies are smoother, but, yes, they do make riding more comfortable
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 07:45:47 AM »

the ones from Harleygoodies are smoother, but, yes, they do make riding more comfortable

I looked at the Harleygoodies floorboard relocator and unfortunately they only move the floorboard outward 1". They do not move the FB forward at all. If you only want to move outward 1", the Harleygoodies looks like a better deal as its $25 less than the Kury model in my original post. If there's another chrome FB relocator that moves the boards out and forward and works on a 2010 SEUC, I've been unable to find it.

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 07:53:55 AM »

Nice job as well as find.  Are these different than the other ones people on here have put on?

I'm really not sure what most others have used, however I know there are several other FB relocators. Most of them unfortunately only move the boards outwards. Combining outward with forward, as visible in the pics above, makes for an even better placement of the FBs in relationship to seating, shifter pegs and brake peg, at least for me.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 08:08:05 AM »

Good find and good post for those that are looking for both options.

I happen to be vertically challenged and only needed/wanted to move mine out 1".
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 10:24:20 AM »

Defiantly a must for a man with big boots to fill.
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 11:12:41 AM »

I had to remove the rear shifter arm, my boots wouldn't fit between the two shifter pegs. Yes, it is True what they say.. :bananarock:

jb

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 11:30:02 AM »

Its worth noting that my need for this mod comes from the perpective of a 6'4" frame and a size 12 boot. The floorboards on my 2010 SEUC are simply to close to the bike and too far back to be comfortable. They had to be moved but I wanted the relo to look complimentary to all the chrome on the floorboards of an SE bike.

I looked at various options and I could only find one that moved the boards outwards 1" AND forward 1" AND would be compatible with my lower fairings AND were available in chrome to compliment the bike.

I just finished the install and I have to say I'm very pleased with the improvement, the look and the overall design. I installed Kuryakyn's chrome floorboard relocators part #4588 - $79. I can tell you these are a perfect fit for the 2010 SEUC and are designed for most other HD Touring models.

Takes an hr or so to install only because the chrome plating makes the allen wrenchs a tight fit on the chrome shoulder bolts. You'll need to work with the bolts and your allen wrench before trying to install. Start by forcing the allens into their socket past the thicker chrome plating before starting the install. After a few dry fits you'll be ready for the install and the allens will go in smoothly. The kit comes with a few chrome washers but I found I needed a couple more than they included in the kit to ensure a nice snug fit. Not critical if you don't have them but I found using a couple more SS washers made for a rattle free assembly.

The feeling of the extra floorboard space is actually a relief and makes placement of your boots for braking, toe shifting and heel shifting sooooo much better. This mod is a no brainer for anyone seeking more use of their floorboards and a more comfortable ride. Here's a few after shots of the install.  

Left FB from above...note the board is now forward, outward and slightly into the lower fairing (no rubbing whatsoever on the fairing).

I installed these last fall...  Forward 1" and out 1" is exactly what I needed also.  Very comfortable outcome....   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 01:41:39 PM »

I had to remove the rear shifter arm, my boots wouldn't fit between the two shifter pegs. Yes, it is True what they say.. :bananarock:

jb

I had the same problem and had to turn my foot outwards to fit between the toe and heel shifter. With the new floorboard relocators that's no longer an issue. I use the heel shifter and its nice not to have to worry about my boot being wedged between the 2 shift pegs.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 02:24:20 PM by Heatwave »

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 02:11:21 PM »

Glad they worked for you - have they started rusting yet?  I've never had a Kury. part that didn't start rusting within the first year.  Hopefully they have improved their process.

Bill
2008 FLTRI - 103, S&S 570 cams, SE cam plate, Ness Big Sucker, Woods lifters, GMR adjustable pushrods, Lozano Brothers heads, HPI 54mm throttle body mod, Supertrapp 2:1, SE compensator, BDL +1 clutch TTS tuner w/GMR Dyno, Ricor fork valves, Progressive 440's, Wild 1 515's bars, HID's, TrueTrack, J&M 71/2" speakers, Clearview +2, lots of other small stuff.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 1.561 seconds with 24 queries.