Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Author Topic: $2,000-$5,000 above MSRP standard?  (Read 18238 times)

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
Re: $2,000-$5,000 above MSRP standard?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 11:08:16 AM »

I was going to say, I too would never pay more than MSRP for anything, unless I know I could resell it for more.

BTW - I was just at Chicago Harley in Glenview yesterday and they has a 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra in the Red for $5,000 UNDER MSRP.  That's a great deal if anyone is interested.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Monolyth

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide, Black Diamond
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 01:31:18 PM »

IMO Eastside is the dirtbag of Washington...  Owens (Yakima)has a good and honest name~ typically no set up / BS fees.   Are you getting these quotes over the phone or in person?  In all my years I've never done business over the phone, face to face or not at all.   I bought a second bike a few months back, a 2010 FXSTC, new, for 2,500 under MSRP in Seattle

Always in person.  I was going into each one to add my name to the list and put down a deposit, then when they told me I had to pay a bribe to get the privilege of buying the bike I said no, and went to the next one.

Monolyth

Panhead_Jimmy

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 02:26:59 PM »

I've had three CVO's and never paid over MSRP.  However, I've never been able to buy from my "home town" dealer 'cause he always want $3k-over.  Having said that, I always have them do the service since they're the chit.  MSRP or more...It all depends on their individual business plan.  My homie dealer only gets a couple of CVO's a year and knows he can get someone to pay the premium.  Capitalism at it best. 
2004 Hemi Dodge Slammed Ram, Short Bed Std Cab
1945 Knuckle
1956 Pan
2015 FLHTKSE
2017 CVO Street Glide Orange/Starfire Black

CVOfan

• 2012 FLHXSE3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
    • CVO2: 2012 GMC Denali Duramax HD
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 04:59:07 PM »

Another unpleasant conversation with a greedy dealer:

Fort Thunder Harley in Moore, OK...has an ad posted on Cycle Trader for a SESG at $32,699 (MSRP).  I called them and told them I'll take it.  They informed me that the ad is not accurate and they don't know how it got there???  Does Cycle Trader just make this stuff up and post the ads without someone initiating the process and paying the post fee???

The salesman informed me after talking with the owner that MOCO's MSRP is just that...a suggested price.  They want $5k more for their SESG.  As much as I would like to have one of the new 2012's, I'm growing weary dealing with such greed.  I'm at the point of either buying a Honda or getting out of the motorcycle business altogether.   >:(

V&H High Output headers
Fullsac 2" inserts

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 07:21:45 PM »

Another unpleasant conversation with a greedy dealer:

Fort Thunder Harley in Moore, OK...has an ad posted on Cycle Trader for a SESG at $32,699 (MSRP).  I called them and told them I'll take it.  They informed me that the ad is not accurate and they don't know how it got there???  Does Cycle Trader just make this stuff up and post the ads without someone initiating the process and paying the post fee???

The salesman informed me after talking with the owner that MOCO's MSRP is just that...a suggested price.  They want $5k more for their SESG.  As much as I would like to have one of the new 2012's, I'm growing weary dealing with such greed.  I'm at the point of either buying a Honda or getting out of the motorcycle business altogether.   >:(
You don't have to do either......there's lots of good, clean (like new) scooters out there with LOW miles that you can purchase from a individual and not even deal with the dealer crap.  And not all dealers are that full of it either. Just have to move on down the road a ways.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2012 Softail Convertible
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 07:37:15 PM »

If you live in the North (like me) anytime after Oct. 1st is the better time to buy.  Paid $4000 under sticker for mine (no fees) and my friend paid $4500 under sticker (no fees).  The opposite is true also- summer is a great time to buy a snowmobile.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2011, 07:59:27 PM »

As long as some folks continue to let dealers screw them over, those dealers will continue to play the same old games.  There is no vehicle on earth that I will pay one dime over MSRP for, and when everyone feels that way and backs it up with action, the crooks will either see the light or they will starve to death waiting for that home run deal.  If anyone wants to point a finger, point it at the idiots who either have to much money or to much credit and just keep bidding up the prices.  There will never be an answer for the morons in Daytona, but out in bumf$%* there is no excuse for anyone to let themselves be robbed.

BTW, before anyone considers paying over MSRP, check out the current value of a two or three year old model.  We are no longer in those market conditions that allowed folks to pay over MSRP but still make out OK because used bike values were so high.  All that extra profit you pay the dealer is just like all the money you spend on add-ons when it comes time to trade, it doesn't count for anything and you can kiss it goodbye.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CVOfan

• 2012 FLHXSE3
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 07:59:46 PM »

If you live in the North (like me) anytime after Oct. 1st is the better time to buy.  Paid $4000 under sticker for mine (no fees) and my friend paid $4500 under sticker (no fees).  The opposite is true also- summer is a great time to buy a snowmobile.

Please PM me when you see your local dealer going to those prices....it looks like at the rate I'm going right now, I'll still be without a bike after Oct 1.  I'll walk before I pay that much for another CVO

V&H High Output headers
Fullsac 2" inserts

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 09:36:29 PM »

In today's economy, the dealer's should be discounting off MSRP.  I would continue to shop around.
Jesus is Lord

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 09:41:46 PM »

Let me chime in.  Although a special situation, I paid 9% below MSRP via Military Sales while I was deployed for 11 months to Iraq.  Had the bike shipped to Cowboy HD in Austin and they had it all set up before I returned.  I returned to Ft Hood and got reconnected with my beautiful wife, son, and two daughters-one of which was born while I was home on R&R.  After seeing them it was off the Cowboy to see the bike-what could be better than that  ;D
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

CVOfan

• 2012 FLHXSE3
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011, 10:01:57 PM »

Let me chime in.  Although a special situation, I paid 9% below MSRP via Military Sales while I was deployed for 11 months to Iraq.  Had the bike shipped to Cowboy HD in Austin and they had it all set up before I returned.  I returned to Ft Hood and got reconnected with my beautiful wife, son, and two daughters-one of which was born while I was home on R&R.  After seeing them it was off the Cowboy to see the bike-what could be better than that  ;D

That's a cool story....let me take the time to thank you and express my appreciation for your service to our great country.  If I had my way, MOCO would give you the bike for free.  You've earned it.   :2vrolijk_21:

V&H High Output headers
Fullsac 2" inserts

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011, 10:02:53 PM »

Can't think of anything at the moment.  :2vrolijk_21:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2011, 02:55:18 AM »

H-D Mil Sales is the way to go. Had planned on ordering mine from a Stateside dealer, but got $4K off MSRP through Mil Sales. No extra hidden fees  either!

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2011, 07:04:50 AM »

H-D Mil Sales is the way to go. Had planned on ordering mine from a Stateside dealer, but got $4K off MSRP through Mil Sales. No extra hidden fees  either!

So true. That was my original plan but I listened to the BS the dealer said (90% of the bikes had problems bla bla bla) and bought from them. I had a full page of whining about it. Deleted it all.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 07:07:40 AM by CVOThunder »
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

bokat96

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2011, 08:10:35 AM »

H-D Mil Sales is the way to go. Had planned on ordering mine from a Stateside dealer, but got $4K off MSRP through Mil Sales. No extra hidden fees  either!

This is true in most cases, however, for some it could cost more. There are some states that still charge sales tax to the ENCS bikes. I bought my 02 Deuce cheaper through the local dealer than through ENCS by the time it would have been said and done. IMO it would be better to buy from your local dealer if you are going to be there for awhile and reap some of the benefits most dealers offer.

As for the new bike FLHXSE2 I saved a ton going through ENCS I took delivery in Germany and as it is registered here will not have to pay any sales tax of fees upon going back stateside. I am OTD for 32K that would be unheard of in peak season anywhere in the states.

ENCS is great for the ones that like to just assume they got or are getting a great deal because the sales rep says so that is on bikes or cars. I proved this to my local sales rep on Ford trucks, sure they would match the price but what does that do for your local dealer who already gave you the right price the first time.

:soapbox:  complete
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.392 seconds with 24 queries.