Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: Condor chock vs Wheeldock  (Read 37829 times)

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
Re: Condor chock vs Wheeldock
« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2011, 04:57:41 PM »

Here it is done deal!!!!

2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2012, 12:23:45 AM »

anyone familiar with either the Steadymate or Titan Bulldog moto cradle. Been looking at both.

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2012, 12:44:18 AM »

Hey....I finally got around to trying the WHEELDOCK.  Great quality, very easy to use.....but.....coming from a Condor, unless I missed something or there is some sort of an adjustment, you could ride into the Condor and jump off your bike and not worry about it tipping.  There appears to be a lot more play side to side and I'm not nearly as confident as I was with my Condor.  DID I MISS SOMETHING?  I e-mailed them and told them what model I have SERGU, and they said that #4 which is the 5 1/8.  I have the bike in the stand, but i have my portable lift/jack under it too because I don't trust it?  Need to get educated or maybe the wrong dock?

Hey Rio,

Just wondering if you got your WheelDock all figured out now and are comfortable with using it?

I love mine!
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2012, 10:39:46 AM »

Hey Rio,

Just wondering if you got your WheelDock all figured out now and are comfortable with using it?

I love mine!

Honestly, when I put my bike on it, I wasn't comfortable leaving it alone afraid that it would tip so I have my bike jack under the frame supporting it.  Since the bike is in storage, I really haven't messed with it?  I got the right lift and considering everyone else seems happy, i'm probably doing something wrong.  Aside from that, I am looking for some guidance from our Canadian friends on a trip I am planning next summer.  Trying to find someone familiar with the area or route.  Michigan to Halifax, Nova Scotia is the title.  We were going from Michigan to Toronto, then to Montreal then we are unsure from there, Quebec, or south back in to the USA and over? 
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2012, 12:46:34 PM »

Hi Again,

I'm not sure what to say about your concerns with your WheelDock as mine works great and I use two of them in my trailer which has travelled all over North America with no troubles at all.  This maybe a silly question, but once you pull into the chock on your bike, you are depressing the lever with your left foot, right?  That should lock your wheel firmly in place allowing you to walk away leaving it standing securely upright.  At least it should if you have the correct spacers to support your tire.  When you purchased it, if you informed them of your year model of bike I'm sure they would sent you the correct one... But as they say "s&$t happens" and it might be worth a phone call to double check.

I just don't know any other reason why it doesn't give you complete comfort leaving it alone without the use of any straps or lift support?

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2012, 01:04:46 PM »

Now as for your trip from Michigan to Halifax...

If you have a particular reason to see Toronto or Montreal on your way through, then that's great!  They are both viberant cities with more than enough to keep you entertained for days.  If you're planning the trip for July, try to hit Montreal during the "Just for Laughs" Festival.  We've been there a few times and it really is a great time.  Toronto always has lots happening throughout the summer as well.

However, if you're just wanting a nice ride to and from, then I would go further north, at least as far as Hwy. 7 or even better further north and come across the Blue Water Bridge in Port Huron, MI / Sarnia, ON and go north along the east side of Lake Huron and under Geogian Bay, making your way further north to Hunstville and ride through Algonquin Park along Hwy. 60 over to Renfrew and down through our Nation's Capital - Ottawa.  From there I would head into Quebec staying north of Montreal and plan for a stay in Mont-Tremblant.  Continue staying well north of the St. Lawrence, working your way towards Quebec City.  This wonderful old city you can spend days in and never tire of.  After that at some point you will have to cross the St. Lawrence heading for New Brunswick before Nova Scotia.  In New Brunswick make sure you stop to see the highest tides in the world at the Bay of Fundy.  When in Nova Scotia a must ride is in the northern part doing the Cabot Trail... And make sure you do it counterclockwise so that you are always riding on the waterside of the road for the best views.

On your way back if time permits head south to Bar Harbor, Maine wonderful seaside community prior to heading east on Rte. 2 through Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, picking up Rte. 3 through New York.

Sounds like an amazing trip and I hope this helps.

Enjoy!
 :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 01:08:43 PM by Grizzly »

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2012, 05:09:15 PM »

Curious if Rio has had a chance to review this thread and if a solution was found? My bike would sit in one for 11 months out of the year (at my current plan) and I want to use something rock solid. Think I mentioned it already in this thread...using their center stand + wheel dock would be solid. Probably a PITA to set up as well I reckon but for my situation I could lift the front and slide the W.D. under the front tire. What overkill?  ;D
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2012, 05:49:17 PM »

The main differences I have read about the Wheeldoc/Condor is the ease of unloading. At 11 months in chock, I don't see how this would be a prob for you. Hope you have a way to try both before purchase. With little experience with the WD, all I can say is I LOVE my Condor!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2012, 06:27:59 PM »

Curious if Rio has had a chance to review this thread and if a solution was found? My bike would sit in one for 11 months out of the year (at my current plan) and I want to use something rock solid. Think I mentioned it already in this thread...using their center stand + wheel dock would be solid. Probably a PITA to set up as well I reckon but for my situation I could lift the front and slide the W.D. under the front tire. What overkill?  ;D

Sorry for the confusion.  When I got the wheel dock I had my bike on a lift, and I quickly tried the Wheel Dock.  I was a little uncomfortable at first glance because there was a little more side to side motion than the Condor.  I double checked that I had the correct size and went back and let the bike down and took a little more time testing it.  I still think the Condor was a little more stable, but it was also a PITA to get the bike out of the stand.  At the end of the day, the bike is sitting in the wheel dock now for a few weeks and it hasn't tipped over......I'm comfortable with it so go for it and I'm sorry for the confusion.  By the way, I would keep my kick stand down with the Condor and the Wheel Dock for added piece of mind.
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2012, 11:42:07 AM »

After realizing that the yanking required to get the bike out of my Condor was the root cause of my handlebars cracking in the middle, I'm definitely going to be looking at the Wheeldock at this springs shows. Just looking at the Wheeldock, if properly fitted, there should be no reason why it doesn't secure the bike just as well as a Condor.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

SHRK2TH

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 Street Glide / Black traded
    • CVO2: 2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / White Starfire Black
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2012, 09:31:14 PM »

Trailer finally arrived.   Ended up getting a Stealth, made by Blackhawk  7x12 all aluminum tandem.  Going to be putting in the Wheeldock.  Going to use it both in the trailer and in the garage for support.  Nice to have options.

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2012, 09:20:10 PM »

Just received this, Titan Bulldog. I went with the orange but in comes in other colours and you can mix the parts (i.e. orange and black). The cool part about this chock is that it grips the tires as you roll in. It does slide on the floor, guess I'll have to sort that out.

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2012, 09:50:47 PM »

Looks nice. how hard is it to remove the bike? Is it pretty stable? Thx!  Face
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2012, 09:57:20 PM »

Just received this, Titan Bulldog. I went with the orange but in comes in other colours and you can mix the parts (i.e. orange and black). The cool part about this chock is that it grips the tires as you roll in. It does slide on the floor, guess I'll have to sort that out.
Nice color. :2vrolijk_21: What is the clearance around the part on the wheel that goes inside the fender... any concerns there?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2012, 10:03:02 PM »

Looks nice. how hard is it to remove the bike? Is it pretty stable? Thx!  Face

It is completely stable. They do sell extensions that go out from the sides. I thought about ordering them but now I can see there is no need. They also sell a trailer kit for easy installation into a trailer.
The mechanism that grips the tire is spring loaded. Super easy to remove the bike. It's a bit of a challenge getting the bike in the chock though. I thought I could just push it in but no go. Need to the motor running for that extra bit of boost.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.476 seconds with 21 queries.