Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: watch out for this  (Read 1064 times)

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
watch out for this
« on: December 23, 2010, 03:09:51 PM »

with nearly 700km on my beautiful machine it is really starting to be responsive and the power is awesome,
what i would like to mention today is the lower frame height, it has already been mentioned by porky as to watch it when cleaning as our bikes nearly stand upright whe they are on the jiffy stand  unless you turn the wheel to the left ,  as it is summer here in australia now , the convertible is my daily commute , so it is going everywhere, yesterday i had occasion to park it on a reverse slope in a car park where i have parked  a hundred times on my softail custom without a problem due to its higher frame height, om this occassion  last night , i did the same for the first time , and not ony did it want to stand upright but wanted to push the other way . so try to picture it ,
it is a parking spot that slopes to the rear, therefore you must reverse down backwards as i am not prepared to go in forward , as i cannmot get it out again without help,
so be aware always park on the flat

GoodyACT

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible Maple
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7
Re: watch out for this
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 06:21:17 PM »

Hi Dcigar,

Thanks for sharing,  I've noticed the posture when on the stand too, Think i'll be parking on flat ground where possible.

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
Re: watch out for this
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 07:05:06 PM »

Well, I've had 2 "learning" bikes now to get my fundamentals down.  When I first started riding again 6 years ago and went to Salt lake City for the first time, I learned about making sure that when you park, you can power out of anywhere.  I understand that sometimes there isn't the opportunity to do that.  But just a good rule of thumb so you don't get yourself in a "pickle".       Pork.

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 25 queries.