Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: CVO Pet Peeve  (Read 15940 times)

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
Re: CVO Pet Peeve
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2012, 03:43:42 PM »

It's at work, the mgmt co. of the building told me " buy a cover"  I just can't take this anymore  :soapbox:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 03:48:13 PM by 110 Mofo »
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

Dead_Reckoning

• Elite CVO Member
  • 03 SERK
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2012, 04:49:29 PM »

I think this would qualify for most anyone.
Younger Brother, BB, parked his SERG in front of a store next to my SERK.
Once we were in the Store, BB looked out and some passing mother had let her kids take turns climbing on his SERG.

Government is best which governs least.

Power Commander 3 Tuner
Doherty Power PACC with K&N Air Filter
Screamin' EagleĀ® Hydraulic Cam Chain Tensioner and High-Flow Oil Pump
Headwinds 2" Bullet Passing Lights 50w'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit

Sledge

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Black Ember, Rio Red
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2012, 03:22:12 PM »

Marty,
I learned something many years ago about people. Most just don't care about the results
of their actions.
I used to carry 16 penny nails in my handlebar bag. I would use them on the tires of the non-carring, it's all about me, I'm in a hurry and you don't count, Azzholes. Just put one in front and one in back of each of their tires. Made me warm and fuzzy all over!  :o
Mike
 :drink:

Hey I know I'm late to respond to this particular post but here goes anyway...

Yesterday I rode about a hundred miles to see a friend I hadn't seen in 40 years.  We met at a popular little country buffet in a small town.  It was Sunday right at noon.

I arrived earlier than his group and I parked the bike with plenty of room on either side.  As I waited on the porch the time went by and the lot filled with cars.  Soon a big white SUV pulled in and parked to the left of my bike, within a foot or 2 within "door swing" distance.  Too close for me.  It made me real nervous and a bit mad.  Then all of a sudden another big SUV comes into the lot and parks on the other side of my bike.  Yep, just as close.

Now I was mad.  How could those inconsiderate bastards box me in like that with me sitting right there watching?  They must have been trying to piss me off on purpose.

One door opens and out climbs a little old lady who proceeds to use her walker to go around and help her husband out, also with a walker.  He's got a WW2 vet cap on and an arm full of vintage tatoos.  The other cars doors open and out comes another pair of old timers, again a ballcap, this one from Vietnam.  As they hobble onto the porch they all smile, nod and greet me.  They all pause to ask me where I'm from and how I'm doing.  All fresh from church services and happy to be alive on a beautiful day.

My anger vanished.  My gratitude for the old guy's service was expressed and I felt ashamed for having bad thoughts in the first place.  As we talked about my bike it became apparentr they had no idea they had parked too close.  As soon as I told 'em it makes us nervouse when cars (moving or not) get too close they immediately apologized and offered to move their cars.  No need now that you see it I said as I hoped they would be careful backing out.  Lesson learned: Non-bikers don't have a clue about our conventions, unspoked rules, and safety zones.

Brings us back to whether or not someone is trying to piss us off or just doesn't know any better.  The guy on the bike that parked too close may have been trying to line up so the max bikes could use the space, like you do at rallies.  I've been to events many times where you barely have a half inch or less once you get yours stood up.  I've been blocked before but I'm sure the other guy just underestimated how much room I would need to stand it up.  Heck, I've done it myself.

Glad I didn't put nails out this Sunday.

Sledge

"I don't want a pickle, just want to ride on my motorsickle,
and I don't want to die, just want to ride on my motorcy...cle."
Arlo Guthrie

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2012, 03:30:19 PM »

Hey I know I'm late to respond to this particular post but here goes anyway...

Yesterday I rode about a hundred miles to see a friend I hadn't seen in 40 years.  We met at a popular little country buffet in a small town.  It was Sunday right at noon.

I arrived earlier than his group and I parked the bike with plenty of room on either side.  As I waited on the porch the time went by and the lot filled with cars.  Soon a big white SUV pulled in and parked to the left of my bike, within a foot or 2 within "door swing" distance.  Too close for me.  It made me real nervous and a bit mad.  Then all of a sudden another big SUV comes into the lot and parks on the other side of my bike.  Yep, just as close.

Now I was mad.  How could those inconsiderate bastards box me in like that with me sitting right there watching?  They must have been trying to piss me off on purpose.

One door opens and out climbs a little old lady who proceeds to use her walker to go around and help her husband out, also with a walker.  He's got a WW2 vet cap on and an arm full of vintage tatoos.  The other cars doors open and out comes another pair of old timers, again a ballcap, this one from Vietnam.  As they hobble onto the porch they all smile, nod and greet me.  They all pause to ask me where I'm from and how I'm doing.  All fresh from church services and happy to be alive on a beautiful day.

My anger vanished.  My gratitude for the old guy's service was expressed and I felt ashamed for having bad thoughts in the first place.  As we talked about my bike it became apparentr they had no idea they had parked too close.  As soon as I told 'em it makes us nervouse when cars (moving or not) get too close they immediately apologized and offered to move their cars.  No need now that you see it I said as I hoped they would be careful backing out.  Lesson learned: Non-bikers don't have a clue about our conventions, unspoked rules, and safety zones.

Brings us back to whether or not someone is trying to piss us off or just doesn't know any better.  The guy on the bike that parked too close may have been trying to line up so the max bikes could use the space, like you do at rallies.  I've been to events many times where you barely have a half inch or less once you get yours stood up.  I've been blocked before but I'm sure the other guy just underestimated how much room I would need to stand it up.  Heck, I've done it myself.

Glad I didn't put nails out this Sunday.

Sledge

X2  :2vrolijk_21:
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2012, 03:33:50 PM »

Great reply Sledge...but, I think the thing that is the real issue is that most don't view our motorcycles as anything 'special' like we do.  Just as people will open car doors into a car next to them and not think that they're doing anything wrong.  They don't value the car's appearance and therefore a scratch or small dent is nothing more than a bug on the windshield.  Just as some on this site can't understand why others want to keep the bike detailed & spotlessly clean....they view it more as a tool than a piece of art.  We're all different....but,  should respect ea. other.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Sledge

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Black Ember, Rio Red
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2012, 05:21:37 PM »

Some of them view us as "tools" too!   :P
"I don't want a pickle, just want to ride on my motorsickle,
and I don't want to die, just want to ride on my motorcy...cle."
Arlo Guthrie

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2012, 08:42:02 AM »

Have you ever noticed that people who drive slower than you are idiots and the ones that drive faster than you are maniacs? 

I saw this on another thread...and it ALL makes sense now!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.322 seconds with 22 queries.