Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thunder Max w/auto tune  (Read 1394 times)

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
Thunder Max w/auto tune
« on: March 14, 2007, 08:48:05 AM »

I am seeking input for those with 103's that have installed the TM w/auto tune.  I have been
advised to get it dyno'd initially and then allow it to adjust going forward as things change. 
Everyone I talk to says the closed loop system is the way to go so I am leaning heavily in
that direction as I am about to install true duals, etc.  I was going to install the SERT but
that seems like old technology now  :nixweiss:
thanks for any advice
 :cherry:

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: (2) 2004 SEEG B&B's ECoast & WCoast
    • CVO2: 2000 FLTRSEI B/O/W
Re: Thunder Max w/auto tune
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 10:03:54 AM »

I don't think there is any need to dyno first. it defeats the advantage of buying the AutoTune with the money you would have otherwise spent on a dyno, (if you can even find a shop that can tune the TMax). Zippers has plenty of free maps that will get you as close as you need.

I think teh vast majority of people have just downloaded one of the canned maps and let the AutoTune do its thing. I know I did and the 103 runs like a champ. You wont be sorry if you get the AutoTune.

Good Luck

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 11:34:11 AM »

Icybay,
I see you have D&D's.  Did you have to do any modifications on the header pipes to accommodate the Thunder Max?
I will have to do so on the V&H true duals cause of the rear bung location etc.
thanks
 :cherry:

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: (2) 2004 SEEG B&B's ECoast & WCoast
    • CVO2: 2000 FLTRSEI B/O/W
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 12:09:45 PM »

The D&D's came with the O2 bungs and everything fit just like it was supposed to.

sqrrl24

• Full CVO Member
  • Lead follow or get out of the way!!!!

• CVO1: 05 seeg yellow
    • CVO2: 04 seeg org/blk
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 08:59:36 PM »

flyingwillie,
   I have had the thundermax on the  :pumpkin: for a year with their map for rineharts true duels and air cleaner and it ran decent. I just added the auto tune last week at bikeweek and so far I am pleased it feels more responsive and runs smoother. But I think it runs hotter now. I have not checked fuel mileage yet. It always used more fuel than my  :bananarock: with E series 2-1, air cleaner and the race tuner that was dyno tuned and runs great. The  :pumpkin: before the auto tune I felt was not as strong as the  :bananarock:. Now so far I think it is very close. But I have not done any dyno comparisons yet only seat of the pants. If you have any Questions I will be glad to answer them if I can. I have dyno runs comparing the two before I added the auto tune I think I posted them in the seeg dyno thread. If you can't find them I will post them for you. I hope this helps.

Bryan
05 SEEG White Bros 2-1,RT,SE/AC[smiley=banana.gif]
04 SEEG Rineharts Thundermax, Zippers AC  [smiley=pumpkin.gif]
02 FATBOY

hdblackice2007

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 09:47:43 PM »

installed auto tune and rh true duals on 2007 roadking at bikeweek best thing i ever did
  fuel mileage only getting about 130 miles b4 gas light comes on but i can live with that on this bike .
  great now was not so happy when hd handed it over to me .friend of mine has ultra 110 we went to hd shop today just wanted to install breather kit on they said he had to buy tuner and dyno time
they started talking$ 800+ they just got 2 autotune in have not installed yet they were trying to pick my brain because my bike was there with it on

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.