Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Lookin for best exhaust for performance  (Read 5516 times)

stumom

Lookin for best exhaust for performance
« on: March 18, 2007, 11:05:18 PM »

Lookin for some more from my 07 flhtcuse.....Can ya help a brother out?....Thank's in advance.....Stumom

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: Lookin for best exhaust for performance
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 12:49:51 AM »

Lookin for some more from my 07 flhtcuse.....Can ya help a brother out?....Thank's in advance.....Stumom

For true duals, Rinehart's or Freedom Cycles (both are made by Bub's)
For 2-1's , D&D's or the new Rinehart 2-1. The thunderheader is good as well but the quality is not near as good as the others.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 04:50:44 AM »

Depending on what "more" you want.  More torque that comes on earlier, then Vance and Hines true duals.  More torque that comes on later, Rineharts.  A little more horsepower, up around 6000 rpms, the Rineharts.  Obviously, if you want the best of both, a two-into-one setup is best, but if you like the looks a little more then the true duals.  Either Rineharts, Vance and Hines, D&D's, they're all good.  As far as mufflers, go with what you like as far as sounds and looks....
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 09:17:05 AM »

This subject always starts a controversy! It depends on what kind of performance you want, top end all out hp, or off idle to mid range torque, and last style, duals, or 2 into 1?

Like RedDevil said above:
First thing you need to do is look at your riding style. Are you an average cruiser, maybe two up most of the time, or are you a 100+ mph screamer out on the highway most of the time. Top hp numbers don't always make the best ride for a lot of people. Your riding style will determine the best performer for you, not just numbers.

Probably the best all around would be the 2 into 1 style of exhaust.

Below are two sites that might help, the first is a page with dyno charts on different exhaust, the second has some data on different exhaust.

http://www.latus-harley-davidson.com/mbbs2/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=108&posts=331&start=1

http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/exhaust_test_02.htm

« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 09:19:18 AM by Talon »

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 09:45:38 AM »

Whenever this question is asked, its the same result as asking Ford, Chevy or Dodge. The only answer comes from you, which one makes you happy. I can tell you the process I went through before selecting pipes for my '07.

Based on information here, I wanted the Freedoms, the new Freedoms, until I saw how butt ugly they are. The previous version will not fit an 07, so it was the new ugly ones, or something else.

I previously used V&H slipons on V&H true duals, and loved them. Gorgeous sound and good torque. This time I went with Rinehart true duals. I like those too.

I have not seen a dyno comparing the V&H ovals and Rineharts on a 110 yet. I have seen a chart for the Rineharts, and I was convinced, that I could live with the amount of tq they put out. The following dyno chart shows Rinehart vs D&D Fatcat on a 2007 CVO 110. Beware making your choice based on 88 or 95 setups. the new motor has a different cam with different characteristics than HD used before, so comparisons with earlier years is apples to oranges.

If you are looking for kick butt performance, then based on the following chart, I would say get the Fatcat and get the falsie for the left side if you don't like the lopsided look. The Fatcats are also cheaper than the Rineharts.

In the end, the only person who has to like the pipes is you.

Have fun,

Chief

radavi98

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 07:30:44 AM »

If you go for the 2-1 do not go with the Rinehart.  I wanted them for my 07 SE Ultra.  I contacted Bub and they said their 2-1 was too restrictive for the 110, but great for the 96.  Depends on the parameters of what the goal is.  Max performance does not equate to looks.  Bassani has a decent looking 2-1 but do not know if they comply with the 110.  I ended going with the V&H bigshot duals
After all the money spent, I refuse to more on additional parts!!!   Except air filter, Exhaust, Power commander.........well, maybe a few more things.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 09:34:17 AM »

I'll stick to my Thunderheader.  Great sound, and great torque
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

07_Flhrse3

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 05:33:36 PM »

RADAVI,

I called RH as well on the 2-1 because I have a set I am waiting to install on my 07 SERK.  At first the tech dept told me that they were too restrictive and then they called me back and told me that they had discussed it and that was not really the case.  Said they would work fine.  Just makes me wonder at this point.

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 05:35:44 PM »

I have the Freedom true duals. LOVE THEM! Great sound, not too loud, not to quiet, bark like hell when you jump on it. Great torque, I like the looks of two pipes out the back. really nice fit and finish, still need to tap the threads to turn around thier ugly end caps. Someone on this site offered to do it for me, I forgot who?
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Mikey

• 2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Get the gold, make the rules!

• CVO1: FLHRSEi2 2003
    • CVO2: FLTRUSE 2015
    • Classic Muscle Bikes
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 09:51:01 PM »

cvowner,
Did you have any brake pedal clearance problems with the Freedom pipe or shield?
Mike
GET THE GOLD, MAKE THE RULES!
2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
Limited Edition 100th Anniversary
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/gallery/452_21_04_11_11_12_33.jpg

hdblackice2007

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 09:44:13 AM »

i got true dualls from rh and autotune zippers did the work installing in daytona
rh gives you a spacer  the installer said and everything fits great i,m happy

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 02:59:28 PM »

I have the Rinehart 2-1 and it is indeed too restrictive.  The Cap is a nice shad of dark read and some sections of the pipe and heat shields are turning nasty yellow.  Time to get the Fat Cat!

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 06:34:56 PM »

cvowner,
Did you have any brake pedal clearance problems with the Freedom pipe or shield?
Mike
None whatsoever, Freedom took care of that. My tuner didnt like the SERT and had never seen the Freedoms, when he got done he was very impressed, he liked them better than Rineharts, saying they sounded better. They have excellent customer service, or at least I did, and I needed a couple extra springs that must have popped off somewhere, he sent them to me no charge, almost a year after the sale. I highly recommend them.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

07_Flhrse3

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 06:46:12 PM »

None whatsoever, Freedom took care of that. My tuner didnt like the SERT and had never seen the Freedoms, when he got done he was very impressed, he liked them better than Rineharts, saying they sounded better. They have excellent customer service, or at least I did, and I needed a couple extra springs that must have popped off somewhere, he sent them to me no charge, almost a year after the sale. I highly recommend them.

Is there a web site for Freedom Duals?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 06:50:22 PM »

Is there a web site for Freedom Duals?

Sure is - Freedom Cycles.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d 
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 20 queries.