Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Lookin for best exhaust for performance  (Read 5516 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: Lookin for best exhaust for performance
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 08:23:10 PM »

Tiger71,

Generally when the cap turns red like that and you see the yellowing you have a too lean condition.   I have seen 2 bikes locally here on the dyno with the Rinehart 2 into that turned 110 / 95 and the second one was 115 / 97 and neither has the condition that yours have.   We ride almost every weekend with the first one mentioned.   I would consult your tuner about the situation its not happening because the pipe being too restrictive.   The RH locally has shown thus far the best numbers from a dyno in regards to the 07' bikes with the 110 engine that have been seen by a stock bike with Sert / Powercommander and open air filter.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2007, 08:34:13 AM »

Is there a web site for Freedom Duals?

Beware, the only pipes Freedom makes for an 07 are shown below. The pipes that fit the '06 WILL NOT fit an '07. Unless you like ugly pipes this may be a problem.

I don't know if you can use '07 header pipes with the '06 mufflers. If so, that would be a better solution than the pipes shown below.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 08:35:59 AM by Chief »

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2007, 09:14:06 AM »

Unbalanced,
I have been running the TMax and AutoTune on my bike for the past 4000 miles and A/F is 13.5.
The cap turned the shade of red on my 715 mile ride to Key West this past weekend.
How many miles do those 07 bikes you mentioned have and what means are they tuning with?
Thanks for the info.

TimBone

cash338

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2007, 04:52:11 PM »

I own a set from D&D.  Fat Cat, and they really woke up the 95 motor....IMHO
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2007, 06:53:22 PM »

Tiger,

My bike has almost 11k on it and the caps were red from the start as the bike was too lean 14.0 to 1 after the dyno tune I am currently awaiting new caps, but BuB is sending me new ones to replace them.  My bike isnt a fair test on that, but it will be in a week or 2 after I get back from Vegas.

Rhino has them on his bike with Thundermax and you will have to ask him how many miles, but I saw them this past week and they perfect from what I could tell.

The other pair I have arent on the bike yet as I am waiting to put them on after next week when I do the top end build on the pumpkin the heads are back and its ready to be torn into.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Rhino

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2007, 06:24:12 PM »

Unbalanced,
I have been running the TMax and AutoTune on my bike for the past 4000 miles and A/F is 13.5.
The cap turned the shade of red on my 715 mile ride to Key West this past weekend.
How many miles do those 07 bikes you mentioned have and what means are they tuning with?
Thanks for the info.

TimBone

If i may interrupt, if your are running 13.5 with an autotune, are you running closed loop? If so, then 13.5 is not your fixed target, and for sure that is way to lean in many circumstances.  If you are using a zippers map, and running in closed loop, then the AFR's will fluctuate depending on the Throtle Positiion and RPM.

I found the base map from Zippers a tad lean in certain areas. I tweaked them to my satisfaction.  Just as a reminder about the AUTOTUNER!!!!!! Read; The system is perfected, but, it will autotune to what YOU want it to do.  That does not mean you cannot get by with the base map, but I have found that certain RPM ranges did need to be changed.   If you had discoloration, it is a clear sign of lean.  If you are familiar with changing AFR's fine, then do it. The Autotuner will do exactly what YOU tell it to do.

Rhino(thecooledoffautotunedjesterdunwellenoughtobeatanyother07cuse2stock)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2007, 06:34:31 PM »

Rhino you were so close on your new signature until the very end where you messed up.

"Rhino (Thecooledoffautotunedjesterdunwellenoughtobeatanyother07cuse2stockexceptHarry's)"  see now its right.

Rhino

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2007, 06:38:33 PM »

It aint true, I got pictures.
R

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2007, 07:06:49 PM »

I liked the D&D's enough on my '06 CUSE that I bought them for the '07 SERK.  I should have them installed and a performance chart within a week or so and will plan on posting results.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 24 queries.