Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: D & D Related Question  (Read 1781 times)

103Eagle

• Full CVO Member
  • Always Lookin fer sumtin but dunno what!
D & D Related Question
« on: March 23, 2007, 05:52:00 AM »

I have the 2004 SEEG and have both the perf and quiet baffle and race tuner tunes for both.  Maybe its a fluke but  ever since I put on the D & D 2 into 1, my oil sending units are getting cooked from the heat.  I have wrapped the unit and that part of the pipe with some header wrap and this has helped somewhat.  The unit gets hot and begins to send false or low readings.  I go thru one sending unit per year.  The clearance between the front pipe and the sending unit is only about 1/4 of an inch whereas the stock header pipe has about an inch of clearance. 

So, 2 questions,  for those of you that have this pipe,  is your clearance that small and do you have similar issues?  I have contacted D & D and they have not heard of this.  My tune is great,  flat a/f ratio around 13.5,  99.9 hp and 100 torque so I think that rules out too lean condition creating heat.  Thanks!
2004 FLHTCSE, HD Race Tuner, D-D Performance Fat Cat Exhaust, Ghost Pipe, SE High Flow Air Cleaner, Detachable King Tour Pak, RCA Lyra MP3 player and some chrome goodies! 2009 Street Glide

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: D & D Related Question
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 10:15:43 PM »

103Eagle,

I have the D&D's on the 04 pumpkin and had them on the 05 SEEG and have never had this issue.   FactoryPhil just put them on his 04 with the 120 engine and to date I have not heard of any problems he is having.   You might also check with Displacing Air (Barry) and JR to see if they are having similiar issues.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 10:30:33 AM »

I have the D&D on an SEUC.  There is about 1/2" clearance there, obviously less than stock. I have not experienced any issues so far but I'll keep my eyes open.

103Eagle

• Full CVO Member
  • Always Lookin fer sumtin but dunno what!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 05:25:18 PM »

Thanks guys,  I have just changed to the quiet baffle from the performance one.  Not sure what you are running.  Curious if maybe the perf baffle runs hotter,  should not due to less backpressure but ya never know. 

:drink:
2004 FLHTCSE, HD Race Tuner, D-D Performance Fat Cat Exhaust, Ghost Pipe, SE High Flow Air Cleaner, Detachable King Tour Pak, RCA Lyra MP3 player and some chrome goodies! 2009 Street Glide

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: (2) 2004 SEEG B&B's ECoast & WCoast
    • CVO2: 2000 FLTRSEI B/O/W
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 07:16:45 PM »

I also have the Fat Cats, never had a problem with heat.

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 07:50:00 PM »

I've got the D&D Fatcats on my '06 CUSE and have had no issues.  Can someone post a photo of the oil sending unit that might demonstrate this clearance issue?

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.