Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone using V&H Fuelpak?  (Read 2756 times)

zrwhat

Anyone using V&H Fuelpak?
« on: March 26, 2007, 09:07:51 AM »

Wondering if the Vance & Hines Fuelpak is worth looking into,  I'm looking for something I can plug and play without too much drama.   Not going crazy with mods,  muffler change/true duals maybe but I do know that my 103" 05 SEEG is running on the lean side (factory). 

Thought about the Thundermax from what I've read here on this site but I feel it may be overkill for what I'm looking for/want.    The SERT and the SE fuel tuner seem like dated technology after reading some specs on the Thundermax and the V&H Fuelpak.  Not looking for HP,  looking take some heat away from the motor and let it live a long happy life. 

Nothing speaks like experience,  that's why I'm asking!

Gibby
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 09:04:53 PM by zrwhat »

CVOSTEVE

• Ride Safe - Have Fun
Re: Anyone using V&H Fuelpak?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 11:23:42 AM »

Hi Gibby, I put V&H Turndowns with TrueDuals on my 02 Roadking Classic, It was about 3 months later that I installed the Fuelpak. The installation was very easy - about 20 minutes. The diffence in performance was noticable but not great, the real difference was in throttle smoothness which was very good. I've fitted the V&H Turndowns & Duals to my 07 FLHTCUSE and will go with the Thundermax autotune as it's been highly recommended on this site.
Keep the rubber down and the shiny side up

zrwhat

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 11:48:00 AM »

CVOsteve,

Thanks for the feedback.    My main objective was to keep some heat down on the exhaust side,  and heat is a good thing as long as it's in moderation.    I guess I was really looking to find a unit that will serve my purpose by fattening up the mixture and be able to do it without a lot of problems and without getting too technical,  a simple plug & play unit would work for me.   Sounds like it did what you needed it to do at the time,  that's where I'm at right now.

Input appreciated.

Gibby

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 12:46:36 PM »

I was thinking of the V&H Fuel Pak because, as you can see in my signature, I was going all V&H.  A couple of reasons why I didn't use it.  The first main reason was, at the time, they didn't offer a map for my bike.  I believe they do now.  The second reason was the Fuel Pak does not give you the selective adjustment that the SERT does.  You can, if you're knowledgeable, individually "tune" each cylinder.  The SERT is not for the timid.  If you go that route, I'd have the bike dyno'd, like I did.  The SERT does rewrite the ECU, whereas the Fuel Pak doesn't.  The V&H is newer than the PCIII and the SERT, so there's more people (read tuners) that are more familiar and comfortable with the SERT and the PCIII.  By reading all the posts here, the TMaxx is the ultimate, because it's automatic.  There are some threads going on right now about adjusting the AFR range on the TMaxx.  Eventually, I will probably go the route of the TMaxx, but like Hogbreath stated in another thread, if I put any more money in the bike right now, the wife will probably make me live in the trailer.... :-\
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
 :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 01:51:14 PM »

Hey Red,
the trailer is not a bad place to be.  I carpeted mine to make it more comfy.  I am taking my bike in Thursday for V&H true duals (already have the ovals) and the Dyna Twin Tec tuner.  The Twin Tec is the same as the Zippers TM (closed loop) and same cost.  Anyway I only tell the MRS what I am doing not how much it costs ! 

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 02:09:49 PM »

Hey Red,
the trailer is not a bad place to be.  I carpeted mine to make it more comfy.  I am taking my bike in Thursday for V&H true duals (already have the ovals) and the Dyna Twin Tec tuner.  The Twin Tec is the same as the Zippers TM (closed loop) and same cost.  Anyway I only tell the MRS what I am doing not how much it costs ! 

Is that like????? the same part but a different name?
OR IS IT,
The design criteria and usage is the same as the Tmax?

Help, Help, inquiring minds want to know! :nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 02:22:51 PM »

S-B,
The dynajet version has been out longer than the Zippers ThunderMax I was told.  Originally I believe the Twin Tec from DJ had to be spliced in but now it is a plug in system.  It is priced at $800 + just like the TM and uses the same closed loop technology (self adjusting).  My mechanic has more experience with the Twin Tec so I am going with that....plus it is available or at least it was as of Saturday.
 :cherry:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 02:32:37 PM »

S-B,
The dynajet version has been out longer than the Zippers ThunderMax I was told.  Originally I believe the Twin Tec from DJ had to be spliced in but now it is a plug in system.  It is priced at $800 + just like the TM and uses the same closed loop technology (self adjusting).  My mechanic has more experience with the Twin Tec so I am going with that....plus it is available or at least it was as of Saturday.

But when you take them apart are the guts on the inside the same?
Or is the design concept the same?

For example, like the washers, dryers and refrigerators that have different brand names but are built in the same factory.  :nixweiss:

S
  /
    B

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 04:00:26 PM »

S-B, your question exceeds my ability to answer. :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:  I assume they are very similar but are different enought to avoid patent infringment issues.  Don't know who did what first.  Both are fairly new concepts as you know.  My mechanic has experience with the Dyna version but has not yet installed a TM.   The V&H Fuel Pak (or whatever it is called) would likely be ok (and a chit load less $$$) but I like the fact that the closed loop systems self adjust, etc.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 04:17:35 PM »

S-B, your question exceeds my ability to answer. :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:  I assume they are very similar but are different enought to avoid patent infringment issues.  Don't know who did what first.  Both are fairly new concepts as you know.  My mechanic has experience with the Dyna version but has not yet installed a TM.   The V&H Fuel Pak (or whatever it is called) would likely be ok (and a chit load less $$$) but I like the fact that the closed loop systems self adjust, etc.

Thank you  :2vrolijk_21:

S
  /
    B

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 05:07:45 PM »

No problem......I am taking the bike to the mechanic on Thursday and will leave it with him while on vacation next week.  I'll pick it up on April 9 and post my mph on the 45 mile trip home !!!!! 

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 11:38:18 PM »

ZRWHAT, sent you e-Mail

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 24 queries.