Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Programming with Race Tuner  (Read 2085 times)

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Programming with Race Tuner
« on: March 30, 2007, 11:28:19 AM »

Does it matter if your in basic or advanced mode when you load a map into ecm.
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Re: Programming with Race Tuner
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 02:34:02 PM »

Tried to program ecm but it says cant communicate with ecm. Called dealer & they say they had to upgrade computers with these new race tuners. I was trying to program off my laptop that had a serial port. I have another laptop but it doesn't have a serial port on it......Not sure what to do now. My desktop pc is too far away from motorcycle to use...
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 02:43:53 PM »

Perhaps the attached files will help you ....

Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 02:44:26 PM »

and this...

Jacques
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 02:46:25 PM »

If you've not a serial port but an USB port, you need an adaptator USB/Serial ports.

Jacques
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 03:20:44 PM »

I have been sitting here with the USB to Serial adaptor ($38)  and it dosn't work.   Rumor  has it that many of the adaptors do not work!!  In the HD users manual  it does state that there are issues with this. It also say's that a BELKIN  brand  does work.  That is the brand of cable that comes with the sert  with the serial  ends on it.  Going to the Belkin web site and calling Circut City...thier destributor.....  I cant find one!!!    ANY   body  have the answer  on the ADAPTOR   issue?    you would think the designer's  are sitting back laughing  at us and this  expensive HOOP  we face now :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2: :nervous:
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 03:33:08 PM »

Manhatten makes one that works I have it for my new computer.   You can also go to radio shack and buy theirs and they both come with the drivers to make them work.   Try and set it up to use a com port in the range of com1 - com 5.

I also have a computer with a serial port and the hardest thing is making sure the com port is enabled in the bios and that it shows up under device manager.

If your having problems with his and want help send me a PM or call me.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 03:38:14 PM »

NewSEUltra,

I would not go adding fuel through the basic mode I would leave the fuel alone and go into the volumetric tables in advanced mode its the 2 below a/f table.   

The A/F table is really there as guidance for what you want your target to be at X point.   How you get there is by adjusting the volumetrics / timing.

The problem you will see is your going to expect to lower the A/F by lowering the number from lets just say it says 14.6 in a cell.  Your going to want to make it for this example 13.0 to 1.... so you go ahead an lower it, the reality is that it doesnt equal out to what you thought it is a percentage of what you wanted because it is based on the overall efficiencies of the motor at that level.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 04:40:19 PM »

So what do i set it at for now....Iam confused now....Thought i could just load the map # 84 & be on my way. Guess not. Just want to load basic map so i can ride. Would it be ok just to ride it with the TD & mufflers w/o putting on the high flow filter kit?
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 04:51:52 PM »

You should be ok, but the bike is lean from the factory.   Map 84 should be what you had in the bike from the factory.

True Duals will let some more air out of the motor, and you may find a bit of backfire on decel, but that is independent to the bike, heads, setup.

Here is my map from a dyno run with A/C and rineharts true duals.

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 05:33:28 PM »

Well thanks to Harry's tireless efforts to assist CVOers in need, my usb/serial adaptor issue is not only resolved but  I attended the wedding of my ecm to sert.  Have installed a AJ/Rhino  givemhellfasterjestercontestinthepoconos  map and will be up the rest of the eve doin the RH TD  install..
the scooters BaLanCe  is getting straightened out  thanks to this site and the folks within :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2007, 10:01:29 AM »

I have been sitting here with the USB to Serial adaptor ($38)  and it dosn't work.   Rumor  has it that many of the adaptors do not work!!  In the HD users manual  it does state that there are issues with this. It also say's that a BELKIN  brand  does work.  That is the brand of cable that comes with the sert  with the serial  ends on it.  Going to the Belkin web site and calling Circut City...thier destributor.....  I cant find one!!!    ANY   body  have the answer  on the ADAPTOR   issue?    you would think the designer's  are sitting back laughing  at us and this  expensive HOOP  we face now :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2: :nervous:

I had the same problem in my line of work, several USB to Serial adapters did not work.  The Belkin F5U109 was the one that worked.  You may have to tweak the COM ports, but mine works at COM8. 
FOLLOW the instructions regarding installation.  If it says do not plug it it until loading the software, then do not.  These things are a real pain.  The Belkin website has more details on how to fix a bad install.
I had to order mine from Circuit City as it is not a regularly stocked item.  There are varying prices especially from Ebay.  I got one for $3 on EBAY and you can have it, it is NFG.  Do not try a cheap version, even Belkin has a cheaper one.  This one was around $30.

:huepfenjump3:
Any day on the bike is a good day.

hdblackice2007

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 11:13:46 PM »

got 1 from tiger direct that looks like 1 on web site from thunder- max didnt work pepe from zippers help me on phone but im not going to keep him on phone all day thanks alot pete he very helpful  got 1 from best buy works dont know brand i have a new
hp laptop with vista 14 inch screen on long trip bringing laptop with me have tour pack fits fine with alot of room roadking 110ppp

Page created in 1.987 seconds with 21 queries.