Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Race tuner wont load  (Read 2848 times)

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Race tuner wont load
« on: April 05, 2007, 11:23:25 AM »

Just heard from dealer & they cant get the race tuner to load up on my bike. I tried numerous times with unbalanced to get to work without any luck. I took it too dealer hoping they could get it to work. They say have to call HD & see whats up with it.. The race tuner is a 32107-01F not sure if thats the problem or what. The bike is an 07 SE Ultra...
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
Re: Race tuner wont load
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 07:31:14 PM »

I never had a problem getting my SERT to load or communicate properly with my 07 Ultra BUT I know that if you interrupt the programming procedure you can lock up the ECM and will most likely have to replace it with a new unit. Most dealers cannot repair the damaged ECM's and usually hit the customer up for a new unit. You may want to consider a Thundermax ECM (what I am running now) for $400.00 rather than buying a new OEM ECM for around $300.00. Also, you will NOT be able to use your current SERT module with the new ECM which will cost you another $400.00 plus. This is why I hate the SERT. It marries itself to the ECM and you are screwed if something happens to it. My SERT is just sitting on a shelf now because I cannot sell it to anyone since I run the Thundermax with Autotune. NICE !!!!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 07:36:58 PM »

I never had a problem getting my SERT to load or communicate properly with my 07 Ultra BUT I know that if you interrupt the programming procedure you can lock up the ECM and will most likely have to replace it with a new unit. Most dealers cannot repair the damaged ECM's and usually hit the customer up for a new unit. You may want to consider a Thundermax ECM (what I am running now) for $400.00 rather than buying a new OEM ECM for around $300.00. Also, you will NOT be able to use your current SERT module with the new ECM which will cost you another $400.00 plus. This is why I hate the SERT. It marries itself to the ECM and you are screwed if something happens to it. My SERT is just sitting on a shelf now because I cannot sell it to anyone since I run the Thundermax with Autotune. NICE !!!!
Can't you sell them as a unit (ECM/SERT)?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 07:41:31 PM by Fired00d »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• Taillight Solutions
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 07:43:57 PM »

Can't you sell them as a unit (ECM/SERT)?

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman?

I could but I wanted to hold onto the stock ECM in the event I need to return it to a stock configuration for warranty issues or if I sell the bike.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 07:44:47 PM »

I could but I wanted to hold onto the stock ECM in the event I need to return it to a stock configuration for warranty issues or if I sell the bike.
Ok, gotcha. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 08:52:40 PM »

Finally i got ahold of HD & had them call dealer. The tech said that the race tuner i  had a manufacturer date of 2/9/07 & it wouldn't work on bike. Something about dealer shoulda never been selling anyways. Apparently all race tuners built in February wont work for some reason. I called dealer i bought it from & they are going to refund me. I picked up bike iam going to go with power commander instead of race tuner now... Dealer or I never got race tuner to recognize vin or anything. I would like to go with the TMAT but there is a wait on them now....
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• Taillight Solutions
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 09:06:32 PM »

Finally i got ahold of HD & had them call dealer. The tech said that the race tuner i  had a manufacturer date of 2/9/07 & it wouldn't work on bike. Something about dealer shoulda never been selling anyways. Apparently all race tuners built in February wont work for some reason. I called dealer i bought it from & they are going to refund me. I picked up bike iam going to go with power commander instead of race tuner now... Dealer or I never got race tuner to recognize vin or anything. I would like to go with the TMAT but there is a wait on them now....

Glad it worked out for you. Have you checked Zanottis for the TMAT http://www.shopzanottimotor.com/shop/productdetail.htm?productId=3877686&browse=23225&shopBy=4045&catalogId=643 or drag specialties http://www.dragspecialties.com/fatbook/13/235 . Trust me, it would be worth the wait !!! ALSO, the Powercommader still cannot use any kind of O2 sensor technology. That concerns me for $300.00 plus dollars.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 09:10:34 PM by copout221 »

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 10:44:47 PM »

Terry,

Glad it turned out in the end in your favor.   I am sure you were relieved that it wasn't an issue on your end.

If it were me I would not be doing the power commander, I would either wait out the race tuner or go with a closed loop system.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 11:12:03 PM »

Harry

Yes i was releived that it wasn't something that i did when we tried to load the race tuner. Iam surprised that the dealer had trouble as well with it. I bought the PC3 today but am rethinking the whole thing over again now. I really thinking hard about the TMAT system now. Iam just worried about riding the bike w/o any fuel management system with the TD on there. The dealer says not to ride like that. I dont want to take the TD back off & go back to stock form now, heck it took me most of a day to change to the TD's. Iam really confused now on what to do. Go with TMAT, PC3, or wait for SERT to be released in a month....

THanx again for all your help Harry...
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• Taillight Solutions
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 11:37:14 PM »

Harry

Yes i was relieved that it wasn't something that i did when we tried to load the race tuner. I'm surprised that the dealer had trouble as well with it. I bought the PC3 today but am rethinking the whole thing over again now. I really thinking hard about the TMAT system now. I'm just worried about riding the bike w/o any fuel management system with the TD on there. The dealer says not to ride like that. I don't want to take the TD back off & go back to stock form now, heck it took me most of a day to change to the TD's. I'm really confused now on what to do. Go with TMAT, PC3, or wait for SERT to be released in a month....

THanx again for all your help Harry...

First of all - DO NOT run the bike without any kind of fuel management system. The bike already runs extremely lean in stock form and now you have a free flowing exhaust and intake (high flow A/C) that will lean it out even more. These 110 motors run too hot in stock form due to the EPA regulations and they have been burning up all over the country / world.

Secondly - I have used the PCIII , The SERT , and now the TMAT. I have NOT used the V&H Fuelpak or any of the other fuel management systems so I cannot comment of them. What I can say is the TMAT is the best option available and is really very simple to install, operate, and tweak. The SERT worked very well for me when I was running slip-on's but was tough to tweak without spending a ton of money on a dyno tune and custom map. Map #84 of the SERT sucked and still caused the bike to run extremely hot / lean AND gave moderate performance gains. The PCIII was only on my bike for a day before I returned it to my dealer and exchanged it for the SERT. This was due to the lack of technology and maps avail for the 2007 bikes PLUS I did not like the idea of bypassing the O2 sensors. That is just a cheap IMO.

Finally - It's too bad I don't know you personally, I would just let you borrow my stock ECM and SERT that are sitting on a shelf now until the TMAT is available. If I were you I would purchase the PCIII and use it until the TMAT arrives and return it. But that is just how I would handle this problem !!!  ::)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 11:40:28 PM by copout221 »

kickstart

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 12:44:14 AM »

I had a sert that would not load once and the cure was to have the dealer re-flash the ecm back to stock, somehow that allowed the sert see the vin.. then I was able to load and play.......... Kickstart

Rhino

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 12:56:24 AM »

Terry,

If it were me I would not be doing the power commander, I would either wait out the race tuner or go with a closed loop system.

Say Z-i-p-p-e-r-s-  repeat after me...
Rhino(zipperfanaticwiththefasterjester)

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2007, 08:52:24 AM »

If i take off the High flow & put back on the stock backing plate & filter would it hurt to ride the bike with just the TD exhaust with ovals.?
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• Taillight Solutions
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2007, 10:05:28 AM »

If i take off the High flow & put back on the stock backing plate & filter would it hurt to ride the bike with just the TD exhaust with ovals.?

I wouldn't but that is really a question for the experts on this forum !! Are you running slip on's or a full system ?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 10:07:27 AM by copout221 »

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2007, 12:06:20 PM »

Hello kickstart  !

I send you the  :welcome_005:  from FRANCE.

It'll be nice for the other members if you present you in the thread "New Member Introduction"
with a pic of your bike  :2vrolijk_21:

Best regards

:vrolijk_26: Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 04:41:54 PM »

Kickstart,

I believe there was a known recall on the one he had as being known defective.

The other thing is he was able to see the vin, just couldnt connect to the black box well through it to talk to the ecm the black box acted like there was no power to it, based on the errors it was throwing.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 20 queries.