Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: What head pipes will work on the 09 SEUC?  (Read 3135 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
What head pipes will work on the 09 SEUC?
« on: February 03, 2009, 01:59:05 AM »

Are there any specific models that I can use the head pipes from?  I'm looking for a set off a 96" to eliminate the cat converter.  I drilled part of the converter out, but I don't have access to the equipment to cut them, and gut the rest, and weld them back together myself.  I can't take the system off to send to Fullsac to do it since I am going to wait until the 1000 mile mark and do everything at once.  I'm assuming that if I change to the 96" stock system just prior to dropping off the bike, the dealer likely won't even know that anything was changed on the exhaust and won't give me any nonsense about warranty issues.  I feel it's probably a waste of money to get any of the aftermarket setups.  So, are there any specific models to look for, or any specifically that I can't use?  I am assuming that I can use them from any of the touring models and probably no others.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 02:34:21 AM by 1abastarsmda »

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
Re: What head pipes will work on the 09 SEUC?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 07:54:35 AM »

Are there any specific models that I can use the head pipes from?  I'm looking for a set off a 96" to eliminate the cat converter.  I drilled part of the converter out, but I don't have access to the equipment to cut them, and gut the rest, and weld them back together myself.  I can't take the system off to send to Fullsac to do it since I am going to wait until the 1000 mile mark and do everything at once.  I'm assuming that if I change to the 96" stock system just prior to dropping off the bike, the dealer likely won't even know that anything was changed on the exhaust and won't give me any nonsense about warranty issues.  I feel it's probably a waste of money to get any of the aftermarket setups.  So, are there any specific models to look for, or any specifically that I can't use?  I am assuming that I can use them from any of the touring models and probably no others.

You assume correctly......any 09 touring headers should fit your bike.  That is what I intend to do assuming I can find a set at a reasonable price.  My dealer will install them and do the SSert/dyno/breather at the same time.....should be no issue on warranty.  Good luck

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 09:26:36 AM »

You might consider picking up a used head pipe off ebay or Craig's list. There are some who are letting their cat head pipes go at a very good price, that way you can modify yours and still keep the stock one if you ever need to put everything back to stock.
Some of us here have found that Steve @ Fullsac can fix you up with everything you'll need to get the sound and performance you want at a very reasonable price. I like good customer service and we are very happy with sound/performance with the options available from him. He will set you up with quiet to moderately loud, whatever your preference. Check it out!
HOGMIKE

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 11:53:18 AM »

You might consider picking up a used head pipe off ebay or Craig's list. There are some who are letting their cat head pipes go at a very good price, that way you can modify yours and still keep the stock one if you ever need to put everything back to stock.
Some of us here have found that Steve @ Fullsac can fix you up with everything you'll need to get the sound and performance you want at a very reasonable price. I like good customer service and we are very happy with sound/performance with the options available from him. He will set you up with quiet to moderately loud, whatever your preference. Check it out!

I already have the Fullsac 2.25" mufflers, and the timing issue is the only reason I don't have them fix me up with everything at this point.

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 04:29:36 PM »

I am looking for the same solution, with the slow down in sales and some pent up demand it looks like a reasonably priced non cat head pipe might be a tough find.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 05:28:03 PM »

I am looking for the same solution, with the slow down in sales and some pent up demand it looks like a reasonably priced non cat head pipe might be a tough find.

Alot of the AM pipes for 09 haven't been released yet, but should be next week.  There isn't that much demand for the pipes.  The only people looking for them would be those of us with the CVO's, but I do think there a more people just putting slip-ons on their bikes than in years past.  I'm guessing that there will be fewer going to a full system that already have the 2-1-2 system.  My dealer is trying to get me a set from a guy that just had a 103 kit put on his bike and changed systems.

I was told that the V&H Power Duals will be released in 2 days (Friday) but probably won't actually be available for order until Monday (after the big dealer show this weekend).  So, I'm hoping that we start to see some stock pipes starting to become available this month.

If I don't find some stock pipes on a timely basis, I will probably get the Power Duals, just so I am able to get everything done at once and straight onto the dyno.  The other thing about going with the AM pipes is that I am assuming that the heat shields will wrap around the pipes a bit further.  I don't like where the stock heat shields stop.  You can see the reflection of the pipes in the tranny and you can see over the edge of the shields and see the pipes directly with the stock ones.  I'm not really sure if I like the looks of the Power Dual Chamber, but I think it would probably look okay in person...just take a bit of getting used to.  I think other people will like the looks of them on our bikes more than we like the looks of them ourselves.  Just my theory.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 12:06:14 PM »

I just received an e-mail from the dealer with a guys phone number that has a set of stock pipes available.  He wanted $350 for them.  I told him he can enjoy them on his shelf for a long time at that price.  He called me back to "make me a deal" and he offered them to me for $250.  I tried to explain to him that he does not have a commodity there, but he just didn't get it.  So I'm still without stock pipes.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 12:37:18 PM »

I just received an e-mail from the dealer with a guys phone number that has a set of stock pipes available.  He wanted $350 for them.  I told him he can enjoy them on his shelf for a long time at that price.  He called me back to "make me a deal" and he offered them to me for $250.  I tried to explain to him that he does not have a commodity there, but he just didn't get it.  So I'm still without stock pipes.

You might give Steve G. a call at:
http://www.fullsac.com/
He can modify your stockers, and set you up with a custom sound you may like. Nice guy to deal with.
You can find lots of head pipes for the '09's on Ebay, etc. and the cost to modify them is a lot lower than AM setups. Depends on what looks good to you.
I hope this helps.
HOGMIKE

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 01:06:56 PM »

You might give Steve G. a call at:
http://www.fullsac.com/
He can modify your stockers, and set you up with a custom sound you may like. Nice guy to deal with.
You can find lots of head pipes for the '09's on Ebay, etc. and the cost to modify them is a lot lower than AM setups. Depends on what looks good to you.
I hope this helps.

I don't know where you are finding lots of head pipes for the 09's on ebay.  There are lots of AM setups, but zero stock pipes for a touring model.  The timing factor is the only reason for me not to send my exhaust to Steve at Fullsac and have him gut my pipes.

NSMC

• "IF YOU DON'T USE A DYNO....YOUR JUST GUESSING!"

• CVO1: Adam "Pasta"-04 Superglide....95" Tuned to perfection
    • CVO2: Buddy-06 FXDBI Blacked out & Old Indians and Harleys/Elie-05 FLSTF 95"
    • CVO3: Vern-00 FXD 95" usually standing on one wheel/Art-04 FXD 95"and NSMC Pro-Bobber/Frankie-FXR and Custom Rigid/Nick-TBD/Marc-VRSCDX
    • www.northshoremotorcycles.com
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 04:41:23 PM »

:drink: :cowboy:
If anyone does not want to just grab a stock head pipe and if they want to go to True duals for the 09 CVO's there are options....different companies make just the head pipes as I am sure most of you know.  Let me know if any one has questions on pricing or availability because I can get most products that are out on the market.
:dankk2:
Adam "Pasta" Alberghine
North Shore Motorcycles
2056 Jericho Turnpike
New Hyde Park, NY 11040
Adam@northshoremotorcycles.com
516-352-5555
***MIN. 10% Discount to all CVOHARLEY.COM Members***

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 08:32:27 PM »

I don't know where you are finding lots of head pipes for the 09's on ebay.  There are lots of AM setups, but zero stock pipes for a touring model.  The timing factor is the only reason for me not to send my exhaust to Steve at Fullsac and have him gut my pipes.

I understand what you mean about "down time". I went through the same issues .
I've got 2 spares here if you're interested, PM me. In fact, I also have a spare set of mufflers that we are all doing the mods on.
I was going to do my buddies new Ultra, but, he decided to just use slip on mufflers.
I have purchased 3 in the last month on ebay, one was a complete system, including mufflers off a Street Glide.
I also have one listed on Craig's list.
I hope this helps.
HOGMIKE

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 06:38:00 AM »

I understand what you mean about "down time". I went through the same issues .
I've got 2 spares here if you're interested, PM me. In fact, I also have a spare set of mufflers that we are all doing the mods on.
I was going to do my buddies new Ultra, but, he decided to just use slip on mufflers.
I have purchased 3 in the last month on ebay, one was a complete system, including mufflers off a Street Glide.
I also have one listed on Craig's list.
I hope this helps.

PM sent to you.  Thanks.

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 08:48:29 AM »

I too have been searching Ebay on a regular basis with no luck.....

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 10:00:36 AM »

Ouch..... i can wait for along time at that price !

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 10:12:04 AM »

Ouch..... i can wait for along time at that price !

I found out this is his first Harley and he just doesn't understand that there is nobody that will have any use for his pipes other than someone with a Screamin Eagle.  In a few years, when he sees those pipes still sitting in the corner of his garage, he'll remember that he once had a chance to sell them.  I figure that in the Pittsburgh area, there can't be more than a few dozen 2009 SE touring models running around, and out of those maybe 4 or 5 that even know or are concerned about the CAT in the pipes.  Of those, how many are going to put on true duals or 2 into 1?  I guess the way I'm looking at it, who else besides me is going to happen upon this guy and need his pipes?  Just me.  He blew it.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.