Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Fullsacs and Mastertun... FINALLY!!!  (Read 3529 times)

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
Fullsacs and Mastertun... FINALLY!!!
« on: May 27, 2009, 02:47:49 PM »

I've had a box sitting in the garage with Fullsac 2" baffles and a TTS Mastertune for about two months now. It's been a month that the non-cat header pipe has been sitting there. Between work and kids and... well, who knows???... I've just not gotten around to doing the install. When I've had the time, it's been too pretty not to ride. When I wasn't riding, I had other stuff that just had to be done.

Last week, I promised myself this work was gettin' done over the Memorial Day weekend... no matter how much else there was to do and no matter how pretty it was when I finally made the time.

Suffice it to say, I had to finish a pretty good list of "honey-do's" before I go around to the bike and, wouldn't you know it, by then the weather was gorgeous. No matter. I was a man on a mission.

So, on Monday, I pulled the entire exhaust system, replaced the headpipes, got the Fullsac baffles in the muffers and reinstalled the exhaust system. Finally, I installed the TTS Mastertune using the map Steve sent me from his 09 SERG.

At 2:25am on Tuesday, I took her out for a test ride. I loved the sound of the Fullsaces immediately. That deep rumble is just absolutely SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTT!!!!!!!!!!!

When I got on the freeway...  !!! OMIGOD !!!       :apple: :love: :love_1: :multi: :vrolijk_9:

This bike was already a sweet ride. Now, it's a wicked sweet ride!

ROCK ON!!!

« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 02:50:34 PM by RickC »

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
Re: Fullsacs and Mastertun... FINALLY!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 03:22:55 PM »

Glad to hear it, way to stick with it. :2vrolijk_21:

Marty
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 03:53:52 PM »

Good job, Rick!  Congratulations!

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 03:57:57 PM »

Definitely need to get mine done... someday... lol

Brinks

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Silver/Blue
    • CVO2: 2008 SERK Annie
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 04:55:16 PM »

I did the same and couldn't be happier :2vrolijk_21:

Rick, what A/C did you go with?

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 05:08:01 PM »

Rick, what A/C did you go with?

Stock 09 SERG A/C. This is a high-flow A/C and I don't see any real need to change it... why spend the $$$$???... but that's just my opinion.

Brinks

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Silver/Blue
    • CVO2: 2008 SERK Annie
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 05:17:12 PM »

Interesting, when I spoke to Steve at Fullsac he recommended the A/C the comes on the '09 SERG and supplied a map to go with it. Works great. But I'm a bigger fan of the '09 SEUC A/C. :nixweiss:

gg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange & Black
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 (Traded for 09 CUSE4) CUSE4 Sold 2012
    • CVO3: FXSTDSEI/ FLHRSEI2 (SOLD 2005)
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 05:23:06 PM »

Hi Brinks, I have been collecting parts waiting for time to do the same, except I am wanting to go with 2.25 Fullsacs to get closer to the Rinehart level of exhaust note. Sent you a PM with some other questions. Thanks

RickC

• 1K CVO Member

• Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 05:23:15 PM »

Brinks, I agree. I like the looks of the SEUC A/C. However, it is not a high-flow A/C.

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 07:26:50 PM »

I am about ready to do this upgrade myself...anyone got an A/C solution that lets me keep the stock SEUC cover?

-dave

DonT

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 09:09:56 AM »

There are a number of high flow solutions that allow you to keep the stock cover.  I installed the Zippers MaxFlow with my stock SERK cover.  This is the taller of the two options so it moves the cover out towards your leg about 3/4s of an inch.  If you go with the HighFlow, your filter cover will remain in the stock position.  You will remove all of the filter housing behind the cover with this mod and replace the throttle body inlet with the Zipper unit that also redirects the crankcase breather ducts.  Clean setup.  Here is a pic, you can see the breather duct ports just above the air inlet.  Again, this is the taller unit (MaxFlow).  I have the 2" Fullsac cores and have installed the TTS MasterTune, just got back from Rolling Thunder and the bike ran great, no overheating, lots of power and great sound.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 09:49:59 AM by DonT »

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 11:43:35 AM »

So, on Monday, I pulled the entire exhaust system, replaced the headpipes, got the Fullsac baffles in the muffers and reinstalled the exhaust system. Finally, I installed the TTS Mastertune using the map Steve sent me from his 09 SERG.

At 2:25am on Tuesday, I took her out for a test ride. I loved the sound of the Fullsaces immediately. That deep rumble is just absolutely SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTT!!!!!!!!!!!

When I got on the freeway...  !!! OMIGOD !!!       :apple: :love: :love_1: :multi: :vrolijk_9:

This bike was already a sweet ride. Now, it's a wicked sweet ride!

ROCK ON!!!

Pretty much what I did, except I have the 2.25 baffels and I cut my head pipe gutted it and welded it.  Makes a ton of differance in performace, very nice deep sound too :coolblue:
Stock 09 SERG A/C. This is a high-flow A/C and I don't see any real need to change it... why spend the $$$$???... but that's just my opinion.
I debated using the stock, as the Heavy breather does not offer any gains until higher RPM or more cam.  However I decided I like the look of the heavy breather so I did it.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

ygeorgey

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 02:40:07 PM »

Which fulsac insert is quieter? 2.25 or 2.0?

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 04:16:48 PM »

Which fulsac insert is quieter? 2.25 or 2.0?

Bigger is louder

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 09:18:08 PM »

There are a number of high flow solutions that allow you to keep the stock cover.  I installed the Zippers MaxFlow with my stock SERK cover.  This is the taller of the two options so it moves the cover out towards your leg about 3/4s of an inch.  If you go with the HighFlow your filter cover will remain in the stock position.  You will remove all of the filter housing behind the cover with this mod and replace the throttle body inlet with the Zipper unit that also redirects the crankcase breather ducts.  Clean setup.  Here is a pic, you can see the breather duct ports just above the air inlet.  Again, this is the taller unit (MaxFlow).  I have the 2" Fullscac cores and have installed the TTS MasterTune, just got back from Rolling Thunder and the bike ran great, no overheating, lots of power and great sound.

Thanks for the info

UncleTom

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 09:12:51 AM »

Congrats RickC on "FINALLY" getting the upgrade done. Glad to read you can endorse this solution.

It does raise a few questions in my mind though for Ultra owners.

When using a non-cat head pipe, Fullsac baffles, TTS and Steve's map..., is there any real reason to upgrade the stock Ultra breather (how much more power)???

Further, is there a separate map for the 2.0 and 2.25 baffles?

Lastly, my understanding is the map(s) were created with the stock RG hi-flo breather. Will this map work well with the stock Ultra breather?

Thanks, UT.

cola

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 05:49:12 PM »

what is the afr set at with this map.
mike

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 05:59:16 PM »

what is the afr set at with this map.
mike

Looks to be about 14.63 in the closed loop area if my math is correct! Looks to be open loop under no/low load conditions and 13.9.
HOGMIKE

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 06:10:04 PM »

Congrats RickC on "FINALLY" getting the upgrade done. Glad to read you can endorse this solution.

It does raise a few questions in my mind though for Ultra owners.

When using a non-cat head pipe, Fullsac baffles, TTS and Steve's map..., is there any real reason to upgrade the stock Ultra breather (how much more power)???

Further, is there a separate map for the 2.0 and 2.25 baffles?

Lastly, my understanding is the map(s) were created with the stock RG hi-flo breather. Will this map work well with the stock Ultra breather?

Thanks, UT.

My own opinion would be to set the bike up the way you like, pipes, air cleaner, etc. THEN do the tune. Most of the aftermarket stuff out there will be very close as far as HP and torque numbers. High flow in and out surely won't hurt!
Your day to day driving experience will be more important than the numbers you get on the Dyno. Get a good tuner and software program and save money in the long run.
You geeks out there will really have fun with SERT and TTS and the like where you can tune to your hearts content!!! LOL
I've had fun with my TTS system, tried a couple of different maps, and can hardly tell the difference, except it sure runs a lot cooler now!
Hope this helps a little.
HOGMIKE

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 09:44:16 PM »

My own opinion would be to set the bike up the way you like, pipes, air cleaner, etc. THEN do the tune. Most of the aftermarket stuff out there will be very close as far as HP and torque numbers. High flow in and out surely won't hurt!
Your day to day driving experience will be more important than the numbers you get on the Dyno. Get a good tuner and software program and save money in the long run.
You geeks out there will really have fun with SERT and TTS and the like where you can tune to your hearts content!!! LOL
I've had fun with my TTS system, tried a couple of different maps, and can hardly tell the difference, except it sure runs a lot cooler now!
Hope this helps a little.

I had the same question as UncleTom regarding using the stock SEUC breather....it sounds like for my riding style it's not that big of a deal, the main goal is to cool the thing down.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 09:45:57 PM by OhioDave »

UncleTom

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 07:13:05 AM »

Thanks HOGMIKE for the reply. Agree day-to-day riding experience is more important than peak dyno numbers.

Thanks, UT.

32Lager

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Ultra
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 07:02:54 PM »

RickC,
You're right about the wicked ride. Mine's running great since I opened it up to let it breathe. My exhaust system has the Fullsac 2.25" baffles with the cats completely removed and I went with a Ness Big Sucker air filter system. I got the TTS tuner and custom map from Steve at Fullsac and used my daughter's laptop to load everything up. To me, it's a perfect combination without spending any money on a dyno tune. I've run about 2800 miles on this setup so far and have no issues at all. No more motor boat sound, gobs of power with quick throttle response from anywhere I've been at in the rpm range. I went from an average of 38 to 39 mpg to an average of 43 mpg (as high as 45.2). And...it's pretty impressive when you crank on a big Ultra and feel the front end getting light.

OhioDave,
If it's not too late and you're still wondering about the air cleaner, I'd recommend the Ness system because it has the oil breathers built into the mounting system. There no rubber hoses to mess with and it works great with the stock cover. You can buy the chromed version through Eastern Performance for $118.90 shipped. There's no tax or shipping costs if you're outside of Maryland and I don't think you can beat their price or customer service. Their phone number is 410-451-5181 and the part number for our '09 Ultra is #AN18-512. I'm in Pa. so it was at my door the next day.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2009, 07:18:36 PM »

;) ;) ;)

Even though I went with the PC V, autotune, Rinehart's and Stage I AC, I was impressed that by freeing up the air flow in and the exhaust out and moved the AFR to 13.7, my mileage got better and the power is way up.

Just shows how restricted the stock setup is.

:coolblue: :coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2009, 10:41:11 PM »

OhioDave,
If it's not too late and you're still wondering about the air cleaner, I'd recommend the Ness system because it has the oil breathers built into the mounting system. There no rubber hoses to mess with and it works great with the stock cover. You can buy the chromed version through Eastern Performance for $118.90 shipped. There's no tax or shipping costs if you're outside of Maryland and I don't think you can beat their price or customer service. Their phone number is 410-451-5181 and the part number for our '09 Ultra is #AN18-512. I'm in Pa. so it was at my door the next day.

Sounds like a plan, i bought the Ness filter setup from them for my '03, i wasn't sure if it would fit on the '09, thanks !
-dave

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2009, 09:44:11 AM »

I'm running the SE 4" touring slip-ons now on my 07 103 stage II.  I was thinking about the Fullsac 2.0 after seeing the dyno that steve posted.   Do you all thing I'll need a re-map?   I have SERT so not a problem , just curious.

Any idea what to expect in terms of power?  I have no doubt they'll sound better.

Thanks in advance
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2009, 10:42:29 AM »

8) 8)

Yes, it is my experience with that same muffler the fullsac's will be much less restrictive and a tune will be needed or the bike will run to lean

:coolblue: :coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

KLOAV8

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2009, 05:42:05 PM »

I ordered my 2.00 and TTS from Fullsac for my new 09 SEUC and Steve recommended saving the money on the A/C and leaving the stock one in for everyday riding as it is a high flow unit. I can't wait to get rid of the motor boat sound!! ;D

KLOAV8

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2009, 11:34:35 PM »

Alright, I am in big trouble. I got my package from Fullsac today with 2.00 baffles, TTS, and cables. No instructions, pictures, or anything to give me a hint as to what to do next. I put in the CD and downloaded the TTS programs to my laptop. HELP!!! I plan to call Fullsac in the morning as he said he would e-mail me their map, but have not received it either.

I must be missing something!

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2009, 07:00:02 AM »

Alright, I am in big trouble. I got my package from Fullsac today with 2.00 baffles, TTS, and cables. No instructions, pictures, or anything to give me a hint as to what to do next. I put in the CD and downloaded the TTS programs to my laptop. HELP!!! I plan to call Fullsac in the morning as he said he would e-mail me their map, but have not received it either.

I must be missing something!

While you are waiting for Steve to get back to you, check  this topic out:
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=28086.0

Take your time and read through the TTS info there is a lot to learn there (for ME, anyway!)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 07:03:01 AM by HOGMIKE »
HOGMIKE

KLOAV8

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2009, 08:12:52 AM »

Hobmike, thanks for the info. Changing the baffles is not a problem, there is good info with them. My issue is that there is no info at all with the TTS to read or study. I'm sure I'll get it figured out when I talk to Steve today.

gg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange & Black
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 (Traded for 09 CUSE4) CUSE4 Sold 2012
    • CVO3: FXSTDSEI/ FLHRSEI2 (SOLD 2005)
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2009, 08:57:01 AM »

Kloav8, let us know what he says because ythere are probably others of us in the same boat and just have not gotten around to discovering we have the problem. Perhaps Steve would be willing to post something for those of us who have purchased his products and are not yet installed.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2009, 09:05:26 PM »

Hobmike, thanks for the info. Changing the baffles is not a problem, there is good info with them. My issue is that there is no info at all with the TTS to read or study. I'm sure I'll get it figured out when I talk to Steve today.

On your TTS CD, there are a bunch of help files, I think one is called HD Tuning Guide V110. I would attach it for you here, but, I can't figure out how to do that!
If all else fails, go to the help files.......all your answers are there, just takes some reading.
hope this helps a little.
HOGMIKE

KLOAV8

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2009, 11:41:10 PM »

After talking to Dave at Fullsac I called TTS and got the info I needed. There is a 73 page guide that is on the updater software that was not available until I put a check on it and downloaded it as a pdf file. That makes it all clear. Dave sent me the map from Fullsac, saved it to the Big Twin file of the TTS and I can't wait for Sat. morning. I appreciate all the help from this forum, Fullsac and Vickie at TTS.  Ken

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2009, 01:10:51 PM »

The "help" section in each program has everything you need to operate all the software. You can just print them out or search them for what your looking for. The Tuning guide is a cut down version of what is already in the "Help" section. Be sure to look in the "Help" section for any questions you do not see the answer to in the Tuning Guide as it's only a Tuning Guide.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.274 seconds with 21 queries.