Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Annoyed with MoCo over SERT  (Read 3114 times)

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
    • BlackSheep Harley-Davidsons for Christ
Re: Annoyed with MoCo over SERT
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2009, 09:51:08 AM »

I have my map in a folder on my gmail account and a flash drive 

Now THAT's a great idea.  I didn't even know you could do that (the gmail folder).  Huh.. just checked it out.  Thanks for the tip!

Redline V-Twin Syn 20W50 (winter), 20W60 (summer) in the crank case.
Redline Heavy Shockproof in the tranny.
Amsoil Super Shift Syn ATF in the primary.

sawyerghost

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2009, 10:24:56 AM »

I will throw my 2 cents in!
I have the SSERT R.T..
Nother fellow CVO'er previously had the SSERT installed, Dyno'd and results were quite impressive.
His map gave my dealer a starting point for tuning my bike. We have a few differances especially in exhaust but that is our major difference
My Results were minimal Dyno time, and a good tune.
Dealer gave me the Box, a C.D. copy out of their Dyno with my map.
I do not have the expertise, or a Dyno to do any tweaking.
I feel that if I come up with any issues on the road, I should be able to head into any H.D. Dealer and get my problem resolved since they understand the SSERT.
I maybe a little Gullable, however, I hear a lot of road issues out there with After Market Tuners, and at least feel that if I need help, it will not be compounded.
I was also told from my dealer that Warranty, and Ext. Warranty stilll holds with the SSERT.

Sawyer Ghost

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2009, 11:26:47 AM »

I have the SSERT R.T..
Nother fellow CVO'er previously had the SSERT installed, Dyno'd and results were quite impressive.
His map gave my dealer a starting point for tuning my bike. We have a few differances especially in exhaust but that is our major difference
I feel that if I come up with any issues on the road, I should be able to head into any H.D. Dealer and get my problem resolved since they understand the SSERT.I maybe a little Gullable, however, I hear a lot of road issues out there with After Market Tuners, and at least feel that if I need help, it will not be compounded.
I was also told from my dealer that Warranty, and Ext. Warranty stilll holds with the SSERT.

I wouldn't count on that.  Some dealers do not have a dyno and are not interested in tuning (well maybe canned maps) and know nothing about sert / ssert.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2009, 03:37:03 PM »

I have the SSERT R.T..
I feel that if I come up with any issues on the road, I should be able to head into any H.D. Dealer and get my problem resolved since they understand the SSERT.
I maybe a little Gullable, however, I hear a lot of road issues out there with After Market Tuners, and at least feel that if I need help, it will not be compounded.

Get it in writing.  Or I should say, TRY to get it in writing.  I'll guarantee you that the MoCo won't give you anything, in writing or verbally.  Depending on how stupid they are, the folks at the dealership might scribble something out for you but of course they don't have legal authority to change Harley's warranty terms (you will find language in the official warranty statement that basically tells you no one has the right to change or abridge the terms of the warranty, etc.).

Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

fourstar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO2: 04 FLSTCI
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2009, 04:09:18 PM »

If mine ever goes in for engine problems, it will have the original map, stock pipes & AC before it ever leaves my house. Barring some failure on the road that is.  Which, given my luck of late, is probably how it will go.
>:( 
“Red! I want red, there's no substitute for red!”
                                                             -Sammy Hagar
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.