Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Fullsac Muffler Conversion on SE Street Glide: Help  (Read 11249 times)

mark

Fullsac Muffler Conversion on SE Street Glide: Help
« on: November 23, 2009, 09:41:29 PM »

My SE Street Glide has arrived at dealership and I'm picking it up tomorrow.  I'll need better sound from the exhaust & saw info on Fullsac.  Has anyone sent their OEM CVO mufflers to them to change out baffles?  These are my questions: 
1. If I just get the Fullsac muffler conversion, do I need to remap engine, get a Fuel Pac, etc.?
2. I'm looking for comparable sound to the V&H true duels and slip-ons that are on my '03 SE Road King.  Which Fullsac baffle would compare to the V&H described above?
3. I have OCD when it comes to my bike - I will not be satisfied if I send mufflers out and they don't come back perfect.  Anyone send their mufflers to Fullsac & they came back scratched, dented, discolored from welding, etc.? 

SteveFLHTK

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2013 Tri Glide

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUTG
Re: Fullsac Muffler Conversion on SE Street Glide: Help
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 09:43:20 PM »

To answer a part of this....why not order the baffles you want and install them yourself.  It's maybe 2 hours and a 6 pack.

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 09:44:58 PM »

My SE Street Glide has arrived at dealership and I'm picking it up tomorrow.  I'll need better sound from the exhaust & saw info on Fullsac.  Has anyone sent their OEM CVO mufflers to them to change out baffles?  These are my questions: 
1. If I just get the Fullsac muffler conversion, do I need to remap engine, get a Fuel Pac, etc.?
2. I'm looking for comparable sound to the V&H true duels and slip-ons that are on my '03 SE Road King.  Which Fullsac baffle would compare to the V&H described above?
3. I have OCD when it comes to my bike - I will not be satisfied if I send mufflers out and they don't come back perfect.  Anyone send their mufflers to Fullsac & they came back scratched, dented, discolored from welding, etc.? 

Mark,

Click on link below and Ride On  :2vrolijk_21:
http://www.fullsac.com/sleeper-kit-110.html
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

boerne free bird

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE
    • CVO3: 2003 FLHRSE
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 10:05:26 PM »

I have sent pipes to Fullsac for one bike, and rode in on another bike. Quality work each time - highly recommended,
live free and ride safe

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 10:38:16 PM »

To answer a part of this....why not order the baffles you want and install them yourself.  It's maybe 2 hours and a 6 pack.
I agree, its a simple install, and you will only have yourself to blame if something slips. I like the 1.75 baffles but you would probably want the 2in

lv2ride56

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 10:39:01 PM »

Have a pair of Fullsac 1.75 baffle mufflers complete in the '06 muffler body that I may be interested in selling if your interested.
Patriot Guard Rider

dave29

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 09:40:00 AM »

Don't think the 06 muffler body is the same as the 2010. Might want to check. I have an 09SE with Fullsacs 1.75. Sounds good however to do again I would go with the 2inch baffles.
 Bike runs good and you don't need to re-program.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 09:41:31 AM »

4 hrs and a 12 pack.... :nixweiss:
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 11:01:12 AM »

4 hrs and a 12 pack.... :nixweiss:

Jeez.you guys are quick! I gave up after 6 hrs and a bottle of Patron!
HOGMIKE

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 11:05:31 AM »

People will say that do not need to remap with just a muffler change. While this may be true, I noticed it ran better and cooler with a remap using an ouyt of the box TTS map for a 2-1-2 exhaust with air cleaner. The SESG alrerady comes with the high flow air cleaner.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 11:20:57 AM »

Why don't  you give Fullsac a call, see if Steve has the answers you are looking for. He has heard lots of different exhaust systems under load, and on the road and will give you an honest opinion of "relative sound levels"
Remember, exhaust sounds are very subjective.

A bunch of us has used his services, and I don't remember any negative feedback........
HOGMIKE

southtxcruiser

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 1990 Heritage Softail
    • CVO3: 2005 Saxon Sceptre
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 12:45:41 PM »

just did a 2.25 baffle conversion on the serg this weekend... 3hrs.... sounds like a real bike now and i had read on here that they lost torque with those baffles.... well i  cant  feel the differnce in torque loss... a dyno would tell for sure..... 1.. no remap requires according to steve at fulsac... 2... more of a rumble to the v&h but thats just my opinion...3...have not heard of anything but good things about fulsac.... if i were u i would call him and hear what he has to say.... :2vrolijk_21:

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 10:51:53 PM »

Not a Street Glide but, I changed my SERG over to a Jet-Hot coated 96" bike header, 1.75" Fullsac baffles that I wrapped with 1.5 yards of High Quality Fiberglas each, and a TTS Mastertune using the Map Steve @ Fullsac emailed me. Difference is amazing, bike is MUCH more responsive, gets 40MPG at 70 riding with 2/up. Just absolutely no complaints. Took 2 hours start to finish including wrapping the baffles and installing the TTS MAP. Biggest challenge was grinding the baffle welds without damaging the outer pipe, but really Best deal ever for the money in my opinion. I strongly suggest getting a cheapo strap wrench at Pep Boys or equal and having it on hand for help removing the muffler end caps without scratching them and freeing up the baffles by twisting them vs beating with hammer.

Chuck Pryor

• Elite CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 09 SERG Silver/Titanium
    • CVO2: 86 FLST
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 11:10:53 AM »

just did a 2.25 baffle conversion on the serg this weekend... 3hrs.... sounds like a real bike now and i had read on here that they lost torque with those baffles.... well i  cant  feel the differnce in torque loss... a dyno would tell for sure..... 1.. no remap requires according to steve at fulsac... 2... more of a rumble to the v&h but thats just my opinion...3...have not heard of anything but good things about fulsac.... if i were u i would call him and hear what he has to say.... :2vrolijk_21:

I was just there and had my bike on the dyno with BOTH 2.0 cores and 2.25 cores. The fact is, the 2.0 cores (on th dyno) showed a slightly smoother torque curve in the lower RPM range. The peaks were the same regardless. Now, in REAL world tests I swear the 2.25 cores provide a bit more torque. I mentioned this to Steve and at first he thought I was crazy until he was doing some "real world" ride test himself on some other mods... the dyno showed a "little less" but the real ride test was completely different.  For me, the "tone" of the 2.25 cores is what I prefer... not louder, just a little lower frequency. Just love the sound... and while the Dyno showed a very minor decrease in the curve, the real world actuall feel better to me.  Maybe Steve can chime in on his real world experience with his experience.

gg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange & Black
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 (Traded for 09 CUSE4) CUSE4 Sold 2012
    • CVO3: FXSTDSEI/ FLHRSEI2 (SOLD 2005)
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 07:54:48 AM »

Hi, I have the 2.25" baffles and have started the replacement process using a Dremel with carbide bit to remove the welds. However, I am noticing that where I have ground the welds, the exterior of the muffler is developing a slight line at the same location where I am grinding on the inside. Anyone having or had the same experience? Am I doing something wrong? Is a Dremel tool the wrong tool to use? Any advice? Thanks
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.