Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: head pipes?  (Read 10873 times)

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: head pipes?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 04:25:55 PM »

regarding the just the {fulsack head pipe} , i never saw it advertised on there web site, how much are they asking for it

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 07:25:12 PM »

That new fullsac X pipe is interesting. I didn't see it on there site. I'm more interested in torque than HP. Nothing wrong with both but I'm not a high rpm racing kinda rider. Is stepped a better way to go? I really like the stock use of chrome shields.

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2010, 08:58:35 PM »

what kind of hp gain will i get, over the stock hp , by installing  the v/h head pipe, and the v/h hi output slipons, and a h.d.  remapping, and should there be any issues when completed , like de-sel popping,or any other surprises,

bikerbum11

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • U.P. Cruising
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2010, 10:31:13 PM »

That new fullsac X pipe is interesting. I didn't see it on there site. I'm more interested in torque than HP. Nothing wrong with both but I'm not a high rpm racing kinda rider. Is stepped a better way to go? I really like the stock use of chrome shields.

Fullsac haven't put it on there website yet but you can call and order direct. They also sent me some photos of the pipe
2015 CVO Limited

bikerbum11

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• U.P. Cruising
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2010, 10:32:04 PM »

Proto type on the bike
2015 CVO Limited

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2010, 10:49:13 PM »

Fullsac haven't put it on there website yet but you can call and order direct. They also sent me some photos of the pipe

That pipe looks like serious business. The stepped design is impressive. I'll be purchasing either the X pipe or the V&H power duals. Have not made up my mind yet. I do like how Fullsak offers the goods to go along with the upgrade like a TTS fuel map as well as a tailored size for the 110.

I'm still curious though about torque gain or loss at low and mid rpm. they say these pipes offer a 3-4 hp gain but no reference is made for torque. If this pipe is designed more for high rpm racing type engine speeds, like drag pipes, it may not be for me. Sure looks like a nice piece of work though.

bikerbum11

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• U.P. Cruising
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2010, 11:21:09 PM »

That pipe looks like serious business. The stepped design is impressive. I'll be purchasing either the X pipe or the V&H power duals. Have not made up my mind yet. I do like how Fullsak offers the goods to go along with the upgrade like a TTS fuel map as well as a tailored size for the 110.

I'm still curious though about torque gain or loss at low and mid rpm. they say these pipes offer a 3-4 hp gain but no reference is made for torque. If this pipe is designed more for high rpm racing type engine speeds, like drag pipes, it may not be for me. Sure looks like a nice piece of work though.

Do a search on the site..  (search Fullsac) there are several dyno runs posted and I'm sure you'll find what your looking for.

2015 CVO Limited

Chuck Pryor

• Elite CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 09 SERG Silver/Titanium
    • CVO2: 86 FLST
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2010, 11:27:53 PM »

Saw a few different prototypes Steve was working on when I was there in early November... they are VERY nice looking pieces.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2010, 11:30:12 PM »

RedDevil, do you mean the Basic Slipons, I didn't see the Classic slipons on their web site?

:oops: You're right, I should have said the basic slippons, vice classic.  I like the sounds of the basics too, they have a nice throaty rumble to them.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2010, 11:37:41 PM »

I can't speak for the Fulsac stepped headers, but I do know that the Rineharts were stepped and with those you picked up some higher RPM hp but sacrificed some lower RPM torque over non-stepped headers.  Talking with a few tuners, they've told me this is a typical difference between stepped and non-stepped. 

2012 FLHXSE3

LC110

• Elite CVO Member
    • WI

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust 1of 1344
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2010, 11:18:18 AM »

Here is the link to Info on Fullsac X pipe. Posted by Steve George

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=44844.0
Spending time learning the science of the mechanisms of friction, lubrication, and wear of interacting surfaces that are in relative motion
Razorback Performance Built & Tuned 113@ 122.59 HP/139.30 TQ

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2010, 12:09:53 PM »

never crossed my  mind  until now,  about the cops checkin for mods on pipes, but if they would,  the look of the  v/h power dauls would be a give away

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2010, 04:53:52 PM »

never crossed my  mind  until now,  about the cops checkin for mods on pipes, but if they would,  the look of the  v/h power dauls would be a give away

What they'll look for, if anything, is the EPA certification stamping on the mufflers.  Mainly because they're more interested in noise prevention, than emission.  If your state doesn't have emission testing, you're good to go with aftermarket headers.  Just be sure you know what your noise laws are for motorcycles.  In Northern Virginia, the local gendarme will run their night stick in the muffler to see if you have baffles or not.  If not, you'll be cited. 

2012 FLHXSE3

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2010, 05:30:16 PM »

Do a search on the site..  (search Fullsac) there are several dyno runs posted and I'm sure you'll find what your looking for.

Tried that. Nothing on torque for the x pipe.

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2010, 05:31:10 PM »

Here is the link to Info on Fullsac X pipe. Posted by Steve George

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=44844.0

Excluding torque specs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.