Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: exaust and tuner suggestions for 2010 SESG?  (Read 4111 times)

timtoolman

• never enough torque!!!!!!!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Hillside Stg 4 117, S&S 66 T.B. Woods 400-6, Rush 2-1 Wrath
Re: exaust and tuner suggestions for 2010 SESG?
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2010, 07:33:11 AM »

Sounds like zepka harley in johnstown, kim is a great service manager (cute also),  Brian the tuner was trained by doc and i hear he's pretty good, Ill be seing him soon i hope

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE - 2018 FLHTKSE-ANV (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE (Traded) - 2007 FXSTSSE (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2003 100th FLHRCi (Sold) - 2001 FLSTF (Traded)
    • 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2010, 08:28:10 AM »

I wrestled with the same questions. I think most would agree that the stock header has to go... at minimum the cat has to be removed, the mufflers have to be at least 4" to fill the hole between the bag extensions and fender and IMHO you should use either the TTS master tune or the SEPST rather than a "piggy back" tuner.

I went with V-H true duals (I like appearance and sound better), Klockwerks Revolver cans (i like the angled billet end caps and tone better), SE Heavy Breather, and SEPST (my tuner was more comfortable and I like that)

Also recommend dyno tune rather than smart tune. A good dyno man(with experience using the tuner software) can maximize power and torque curves down in the RPM range, smooth it out, maximize the air fuel ratio and deal with any driveability issues unique to your bike and setup. Mine Dyno's at 92HP @ 4500RPM, 112TRQ with AFR flatlined around 13.2 to 1. Most of the torque kicks in at about 2300 rpm. The Engine temps went way down, throttle response way better, couldn't be happier.

If you are going to spend the money on exhaust and tuner... budget the additional $200 for the dyno time.
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2010, 02:17:43 PM »

My bike was delivered to me yesterday and it now runs consistently fantastic.  I am very pleased with it.   :2vrolijk_21:
2011 CVO Street Glide
Black Diamond with Crimson graphics
Wood 8 cams, 58mm TB, Hillside heads, (Changed to R&R cast heads, went from 115 hp 113 tq to 125 hp 124.73 tq)  D&D Bosscat Wrapped performance baffle, awesome sound!
Harley LED headlights and passing lamps
Focal spkrs and Arc Audio amp
Wild One Chubby bars 0575

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2010, 03:30:22 PM »

Running V&H Power Duals with BUB Boom Cans no tuner runs great still lean and hot.

Adding TTS and Reaper Cams this coming week  :2vrolijk_21:

Looked into the TMax, Nice unit pricey especially with autotune. Did not buy it as I already have the 2010 power duals with 12mm bungs. Not interested in repurchasing the 09 pipes to use autotune.
That said TTS is the best option without autotune and more affordable.

Having used power commanders and V&H Fuel Paks while they will do the job. Not as precisely and they take up valuable space. Also add another point of failure. The Autotunes are a nice feature but IMO in the end only as good as the tech adjusting them as well.

Thundermax unit replaces the ECM does a great job and takes no added space.  :2vrolijk_21:

TTS is not only more affordable it is very popular with many shops supporting it and it uses the factory ECM to get it done. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

All that said the only real contenders were the TMax, TTS and SEST,

In the end widespread acceptance and available support went with the TTS.

The SESG also already has the Screaming Eagle Performance Ventilator High Flow Air Cleaner so there is no functiona; need to change them

Installed Fueling 574 Reaper Cams, Fueling lifters and Screaming Eagle adjustable pushrods. Tuned it with the TTS Mastertune  :2vrolijk_21:
Had no Idea what was missing never ran so good and cooler now too!

Noticeably stronger off the line and pulling strong through 6K RPM
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 20 queries.