Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: vrsc se2 any good  (Read 3257 times)

ezo

• One life
vrsc se2 any good
« on: November 22, 2007, 12:58:06 PM »

thinking of swaping the wifes 07 v rod for an 06 screamin v rod what do you think any problems to look out for?

MikeD

Re: vrsc se2 any good
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 01:36:19 PM »

I haven't really heard of any.  But if I had the choice I would, therear tire is what a 240, thats just kick @ on a vrod!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 06:50:33 PM »

thinking of swaping the wifes 07 v rod for an 06 screamin v rod what do you think any problems to look out for?

I've had mine since August of '06, 4500 miles, and no problems at all.  The only fault with the bike, and keep in mind I had the ECM flash for SE slip ons and K&N filter, is a "stumble" between 2500 and 4000 rpm...just felt like a surge, but nothing to worry about.  Above 4K, the bike ran like a top.  I have since added the two into one V&H pipe, opened up the airbox a bit, and installed a PCIIIusb and had the bike dynotuned.  Bike runs like a top and is VERY fast.

My other mods to the bike are: Sundowner seat and passenger pillion; fender baseplate; luggage rack and low sissy bar with touring pad; LED tailight; WindVest windscreen; chrome voltage regulator cover; garage door opener transmitter; Traxxion AK-20 fork cartridges; Bitubo shocks; small rack bag to carry stuff for rides.

For solo riding, you don't need the passenger pillion, but might still enjoy the rack and backrest, just to be able to carry a few things more easily.  The WindVest is a nice addition to take the wind blast off the upper body and face.  I wear a full face helmet at all times on the V, as it makes the ride more enjoyable for me.

The bike is pretty much chromed out as is, with only a few items to purchase like the reg cover, and a couple of other bits.  The 3.7 gal tank will get you about 100 miles, but that's not a big deal to me.  There are 5 gal aftermarket tanks available now.

Beautiful paint on the bike, no matter which color you find.  It's a keeper for me...makes a nice bike for someone under 6 feet tall, low center of gravity, handles well, and is very comfortable to ride if it fits your wife's size.  Bike is wickedly quick... :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

ezo

• One life
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 04:03:19 PM »

TOOK YOUR ADVISE WIFE LOVES IT,BUT I STILL HAVE TO CLEAN IT NO CHANGE THERE. ;)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 04:28:48 PM »

TOOK YOUR ADVISE WIFE LOVES IT,BUT I STILL HAVE TO CLEAN IT NO CHANGE THERE. ;)

It's worth it to see the smile on her face when she rides, I'm sure... :2vrolijk_21:

What color did you get?   :worthless:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 10:12:28 PM »

Very nice...

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 09:33:57 AM »

Beautiful paint on the bike, no matter which color you find.  It's a keeper for me...makes a nice bike for someone under 6 feet tall, low center of gravity, handles well, and is very comfortable to ride if it fits your wife's size.  Bike is wickedly quick... :2vrolijk_21:

Pretty much what Terry said here!  There's not one of the SE V-Rods that I don't like!  Without a doubt, add the Windvest and you will be amazed at the increased level of comfort on the bike.  I'm at 6'1" and with the Windvest in the upper-most position, the only wind I feel is coming from beneath the shield around the airbox.  You really have to pay attention to the speed though, with the Windvest on the bike, you really don't notice the speed.  Besides the Rinehart 2-1 exhaust, the Windvest is arguably the best addition to the bike - and very importantly, it doesn't take away from the great looks of the bike!  What color did you wind up getting?  Post some pictures.

ezo

• One life
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 01:31:15 PM »

WE GOT IT IN RED I RODE IT HOME IT WAS AWSOME JUST AS ID EXPECT.SHE ALSO GOT A SPORTSTER CUSTOM PAINTED WITH LOONEY TUNES AND LOADS OF CHROME.BUT SHE MAINLY USES IT FOR RALLYS AND SHOWS,THE V ROD WILL BE FOR EVERY DAY AND HOLIDAYS EUROPE ECT.

THANKS IAN

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.