Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: maybe an 06 SE V-Rod in my future  (Read 3468 times)

smkblwr

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2018 RGU
    • CVO2: 2018 FreeWheeler
    • CVO3: 2007 VRSCX Vrod #328
maybe an 06 SE V-Rod in my future
« on: June 08, 2011, 10:51:57 AM »

Thinking about trading my 03 RKC on an 06 SE V-Rod with 9500miles. What if anything to look at or check  before sealing the deal, it's got aftermarket dual exhaust" I perfer 2 into 1",  a race tuner, and Headwinds headlight that i know of. any major problems with the 06's. thanks Smkblwr
2018 RGU.
2018 FreeWheeler "Wifes"
2007 V&H PRO Stock Tribute #328 VRod
IBA Member 45500

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: maybe an 06 SE V-Rod in my future
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 11:37:02 AM »

Thinking about trading my 03 RKC on an 06 SE V-Rod with 9500miles. What if anything to look at or check  before sealing the deal, it's got aftermarket dual exhaust" I perfer 2 into 1",  a race tuner, and Headwinds headlight that i know of. any major problems with the 06's. thanks Smkblwr

An '06 with duals?  Yuck.  2 into 1 looks better, IMO.  No problems that I'm aware of, except keeping it under 100mph.  You'll also want to put a K&N air filter in the box, and perhaps add a few more holes in the air box to let more air in, or remove the top alltogether...known as "topless".  You'll hear some intake noise with the top off the box.  There's a thread on here somewhere when I did my box back in '07.  Great bike!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

smkblwr

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2018 RGU
    • CVO2: 2018 FreeWheeler
    • CVO3: 2007 VRSCX Vrod #328
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 12:25:24 PM »

TCnBham, I beleave they are Bub Jugg Huggers, they look ok but i have gotton use to my D&D 2 into 1 performance pipes. It should have the K&N, and when i test rode it i didn't notice any air box noise so i dont think the box has been modded yet. Man that thing comes alive at 4k rpms. I have already seen your airbox mods, and have done such mods on 4wheelers, so thats gonna happen if it comes home with me. Doing this mod have you had any problems with water geting in the air box?
2018 RGU.
2018 FreeWheeler "Wifes"
2007 V&H PRO Stock Tribute #328 VRod
IBA Member 45500

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 04:43:53 PM »

TCnBham, I beleave they are Bub Jugg Huggers, they look ok but i have gotton use to my D&D 2 into 1 performance pipes. It should have the K&N, and when i test rode it i didn't notice any air box noise so i dont think the box has been modded yet. Man that thing comes alive at 4k rpms. I have already seen your airbox mods, and have done such mods on 4wheelers, so thats gonna happen if it comes home with me. Doing this mod have you had any problems with water geting in the air box?

No water in the box when I owned the bike.  I think modding the box like I did, rather than taking the entire top of the box off, helps with the potential issue of water in there.  I liked the looks and sound of the V&H pipe I had on mine, but the pipe did not put out big numbers.  The bike was plenty fast as I had it configured, and with the suspension changes I made, was a pleasure to ride.

Honestly, from a lot of things I've read, the old Screamin' Eagle mufflers they offered back then, V-modded, produced some really good numbers, if memory serves me.  And they sound good too, even without the Vmodding.  I just happen to have a set...they are rare as hen's teeth now.  They have a couple of scratches on the ends, so would really need to be re-chromed.  If you're interested in something like that, let me know and we'll work something out.  They are good looking pipes...look like the originals that came on the bike.  The bike fell over on it's right side out in my driveway one day and scratched them...that's the only reason I put the V&H pipe on.  The only thing I remember about the '06 (and '05), was that they had a definite "stumble" around 3K RPM, but the PCIII and a good tune got rid of that.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.