Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 09 SERG Front end Question....  (Read 3132 times)

d.pelch

09 SERG Front end Question....
« on: August 24, 2009, 03:16:14 AM »

Got a question about the front end on an 09 SERG. Is the front end lowered as well as the rear on the CVO's or is the front stock height with a "slammed" fender only ? I'm getting  a set of Works Steel Trackers, an am considering the 13" height for ride quality and clearance. I know stock rear is 12" and I don't want to have a handling/geometry problem. If the front is lowered and I need to raise it as well... no problem... just want to know ahead of time rather than find out the hard way. Putting RICOR Intiminators up front. Any input would be great. 

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
Re: 09 SERG Front end Question....
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 07:58:22 AM »

Front is not lowered. Doc

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 08:56:52 AM »

Are we absolutely certain about that Doc?  If I look up the available accessories for a 2009 SERG in the on-line catalog, it does not list a front end lowering kit.  If I look up the 2009 standard RG, it does list a Profile lowering kit for the front end.  This would tend to make me believe the kit is already on the SERG, if I can assume H-D is following their normal conventions in the catalog.
--------------------------------
Profile® Low Touring Front Lowering Kit

Place the rider's feet firmly on the ground. This kit utilizes components designed to provide a 1" decrease in ride height. This product is available in multiple variations. Be sure to look for the one that fits the specific model and year of your motorcycle.

54564-09

Fits '09-later Touring models (except FLHR, FLHRC, FLHP, FLHPE, FLTRSE3, FLHXSE and Trike models). Must only be installed on vehicles equipped with Profile® Low Touring Shocks P/N 54635-09. Can be installed on FLHX and FLTRX models with Original Equipment rear shocks.

MSRP US $149.95
---------------------------------

If I remember correctly, I believe hd-dude posted some time ago that the FLTRSE3 was lowered front and rear, based on actual part numbers listed in the parts books.  Of course, my memory isn't exactly like a steel trap, if you know what I mean.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

HawgSounds

• The Ultimate in Harley Sound Systems
  • Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
  • The Ultimate in Harley Davidson Sound Systems

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2005 CVO Electric Glide
    • www.hawgsounds.com
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 10:19:29 AM »

The FLTRSE3 is lowered front and rear. Based on my manual for the SERG3 the part numbers listed are the lowering parts
Motorcycles Unlimited -Hawg Sounds
269 S Beverly Drive Unit 201
Beverly Hills, Ca 90212
1-877-888-2788

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 10:38:17 AM »

The FLTRSE3 is lowered front and rear. Based on my manual for the SERG3 the part numbers listed are the lowering parts
That is the case .... while at Traxxion I had them pick up both the front and back one inch with Ak-20's and Bitubos  :2vrolijk_21:

Howie

d.pelch

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 11:31:46 AM »

Thanks all...thats what I needed to know.

d.pelch

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 11:36:18 AM »

Do I just need springs to bring it up to standard height ?

Luigi

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 05:31:14 PM »

I just added 440 progressive 13" to bring the rear into a higher stance with added suspension on my 09 SEGlide. Can anyone tell me how to contact Traxxion, as I live in New Mexico, and is Traxxion my next step for handling with the front or would the HD catalog front kit work as well.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 05:39:10 PM »

I just added 440 progressive 13" to bring the rear into a higher stance with added suspension on my 09 SEGlide. Can anyone tell me how to contact Traxxion, as I live in New Mexico, and is Traxxion my next step for handling with the front or would the HD catalog front kit work as well.
Take a look at this thread - Hello From Traxxion Dynamics.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 08:16:46 AM »

I took a measurment from a 09 RK , it measured the same as my 09 SERG, Taken from the bottom of the cow bell to the axle center they are the same. This RK had 13" rear shocks on it, which I replaced with 12" shocks. I thought the legs on the RK had the same legs as the EG classic or Ultra.   Doc

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 04:14:41 PM »

Where are you finding a reference to the lowered parts in the manual?  My SERG3 manual shows PN 48789-09 and 48790-09.  They are listed as Fork Asy, RH/ Chrm and Fork Asy, LH/ Chrm on the Chicago H-D part website. Even the individual spring, PN 48787-09 is listed as Spring/Fork, with no mention of lowered.

Upon delivery of my SERG3, I swapped the complete forks for a set of AK-20 equipped forks from my '07 FLHTC and noticed no height difference in either bike.

I still believe that only the rear shocks have been lowered.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 04:29:52 PM by hdfr120 »
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 04:31:01 PM »

I took a measurment from a 09 RK , it measured the same as my 09 SERG, Taken from the bottom of the cow bell to the axle center they are the same. This RK had 13" rear shocks on it, which I replaced with 12" shocks. I thought the legs on the RK had the same legs as the EG classic or Ultra.   Doc

The RK has different internals than the EG Classic or Ultra but the height is the same.
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 07:36:52 AM »

I have found nothing thats says the 09 SERG is lowed in the frt. only the rear as far as I have able to see.  Doc

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 25 queries.