CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

screamin eagle breather

<< < (3/6) > >>

FLSTFI Dave:

--- Quote from: JMK on May 28, 2020, 06:43:28 PM ---I have a 15FLTRUSE, another thread in the intake exhaust section talks about the stock air cleaner reducing torque across the rpm band, and recommends the SE Heavy Breather. Anyone put this on the road glide? Problems with fit to fairing or Knee? What other breather have you used to improve flow?
Thanks

--- End quote ---

I had an 15 FLTRUSE, the heavy breather will not fit.  When you add the short cone to make it fit, you gaining no real air flow over the stock ventilator.  Stock ventilator is good up to 118 or so torque and 105 HP or so.  So unless doing cams and so on, the ventilator will be ok.  Ventiltor on the twin cams is a better unit than the ventilator on the M8 motors. 

If you really want more air, Suburban speed makes a lager filter set up for the ventilator, a bit less the money then T-mans set up.  Fuel Moto may also have an option for the ventilator.

georgw221:

--- Quote from: CVODON on May 29, 2020, 06:12:33 PM ---This is what you need.
 http://www.boyesen.com/power-x-intake

This is Snake Oil George. Just a added resistion that is not needed.

--- End quote ---

So you have tried one ? Please post your results using a dyno sheet.

JMK:

--- Quote from: Homer 661 on May 29, 2020, 09:27:55 PM ---My 15 FLTRUSE came with the ventilator and rather than lose any legroom I modified the cover by trimming off the top and bottom tabs for a non-restricted airflow. Trimmed out the edge with black door edge guard.

--- End quote ---
I just did the same to mine, didnt trim it out at all and it still  looks pretty good. I think I will put some chrome paint on the metal edge where it was cut just to keep it from rusting. May be the placebo effect but it seems to run a little better at higher rpms.

joejoebobo:

--- Quote from: JMK on June 14, 2020, 04:11:00 PM ---I just did the same to mine, didnt trim it out at all and it still  looks pretty good. I think I will put some chrome paint on the metal edge where it was cut just to keep it from rusting. May be the placebo effect but it seems to run a little better at higher rpms.

--- End quote ---

That looks really clean... how did you end up cutting this? What tools did you use?

georgw221:

--- Quote from: JMK on May 29, 2020, 05:28:02 PM ---I dont find one to fit the 15.

--- End quote ---
Their website is not up to date, but I  assure you, It does fit your bike..
I have a friend that installed one on a 2016 CVO Road Glide Ultra. If you install one and retune your bike ,,,, You won't believe how much better your bike will run..
.. http://boyesen.com/power-x-intake

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version