CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

Changing manifold

<< < (2/5) > >>

Ironhorse:

--- Quote from: newseultra07 on August 22, 2020, 06:04:21 PM ---What special tools are needed.??? I've been looking for some videos but can't find any that apply to this..

--- End quote ---

Get a set of Ball Head Allens with the long shaft. You will need it to reach all the way back. Be sure to use a torque wrench when tightening them down.

CVODON:
Been said on here before but nothing really wrong with the plastic intakes. Almost every new car & truck on the market has plastic intake manifolds. I am curious why you are changing it?

CVO Couple:
Aluminum ones are higher flow I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newseultra07:

--- Quote from: CVODON on August 25, 2020, 05:38:41 PM ---Been said on here before but nothing really wrong with the plastic intakes. Almost every new car & truck on the market has plastic intake manifolds. I am curious why you are changing it?

--- End quote ---

Been talking with GMR and some other tuners & they suggest to change it out to the aluminum one. Even thou probably would be ok but they are prone to cracking and leaking over time. I'm also going to some 5.5 injectors so figured just change it out anyways since gonna be there.

GregKhougaz:
By coincidence, the other day I was speaking with a Porsche mechanic about plastic versus aluminum plenums (intake manifolds). Porsche favors plastic because they insulate the air from heat of the engine and colder air makes more power. Made sense to me.   :nixweiss:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version