CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

RINEHART TRU DUALS-- HAS THE DUST SETTLED?

(1/3) > >>

NTHEWIND:
During the past 2-3 years I have read both good reviews (sound, looks) and bad reviews (fit, faulty bracets, rattles)  concerning the Rinehart True Duals.  Has the dust settled on this product?  I presently have Kirker slip-ons, with stock headers on my '04 SEEG.  No problems with my present set up, I could use a little better (deeper, louder) sound though, and I just love the looks of the Rineharts.  Any and all advice would be much appreciated.
NTHEWIND

Fired00d:
I've had and enjoyed mines since Oct. '04 w/o any problems. Give them [smiley=bigok.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

110tHunDer:

I went through some fits as recently as last summer to get mufflers that had good chrome and no dents in them, so I think there are still some issues out there.  However, so far, I am still really glad I got them.  Like you, I love the way they look and ooooooooohh, that sound!!!  Nothin' like it, IMHO!

I did not install them myself, so can't comment about that, but the finished fit looks absolutely perfect.  The front heat shield is notched to clear our billet brake pedal, which I think some manufacturers are still not doing.  With mine, they were still shipping the black powdercoated rear bracket that goes on the starter loose with some of the other hardware, so it had some slight scuffs which I poished up as good as I could and called it a day.  Others have had to request replacements who's brackets arrived with more severe shipping damage.  I think the jury is somewhat still out on whether or not the new bracketry has eliminated the earlier cracking problem since it took awhile for the stress cracks to start showing up in the first place.  On the rattling, I think that was reported to be the baffles by one of the members here, but I have not heard a lot of complaints on that one.

Hope that helps.  I would buy them again.  I attribute the strong numbers I got from my Zipper's 575 cam swap (see sig.) to these pipes.

Tbone:
I have two sets of them with several thousand miles on both sets.  I've been very happy with them with no problems and wouldn't go with anything else.  I had them installed by the dealer on both sets.

johnnymap:
I have two sets.  One on a 03 RK Classic with 22,000 miles.  Rear header broke mounting flange at 18,000.  Had a new header from them in about three weeks.  Never questioned how old they were.  Just needed to know where to send it.  These were dealer installed in Dec 03.

The other set are on my 05 SEEG with 14,500 miles on it.  No problems.  I installed these.

Great looks.   Sometimes too loud but love the sound at cruise.  No problems with quality at all.

Only criticism is the end caps turn purple after a while.  Bought a new set on Ebay for $25, fixed that.

Buy em and enjoy em.

john

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version