Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: XM Radio on 2020 CVO Limited  (Read 5146 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: XM Radio on 2020 CVO Limited
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2019, 10:32:59 PM »

By next year MSRP will be $50k, the entire audio system will be optional, and the paint will be flat black.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2019, 12:57:02 AM »

Does Harley give you a trial period for your XM setup?

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
I added the Harley-Davidson SXM module to my 2018 RGU (non-CVO).  It did not come with a free trial period.  I guess if you're buying it separately, they figure you know you want SXM.

All the vehicles I've bought which came with SXM radio pre-installed did have a free trial period.  By the logic above, they figure you might not have had SXM before, so a free trial will go a long way to get you to subscribe.

Unbelievable SXM isn't standard on CVOs now.  Pretty soon, the engine will be an option.   ;)
If you want peace, prepare for war.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2019, 07:33:04 AM »

I added the Harley-Davidson SXM module to my 2018 RGU (non-CVO).  It did not come with a free trial period.  I guess if you're buying it separately, they figure you know you want SXM.

All the vehicles I've bought which came with SXM radio pre-installed did have a free trial period.  By the logic above, they figure you might not have had SXM before, so a free trial will go a long way to get you to subscribe.

Unbelievable SXM isn't standard on CVOs now.  Pretty soon, the engine will be an option.   ;)
I too installed the module on my 2018, called Sirius XM, told them I had added it to a new vehicle and they gave me three months trial period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

ultrarider123

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2019, 08:18:04 AM »

Just call Sirius/XM, tell them you have a new module/bike/car/radio and they will open it up for a 90 day trial.  Nothing to it really and it doesn't matter if you have an account or not OR if you bought the SXM receiver new or used.  I've done it a few times with no issues.  Best example:  We found a 2008 Escalade for our daughter/son-in-law last year with 50K on the clock (unheard of).  Called Sirius and they were more than happy to activate the radio for 90 days....easy-peasy.  They want your business

Finster101

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2019, 12:30:57 PM »

I wonder if the MOCO assumes everyone will use car play and just stream SXM ?

ultrarider123

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2019, 01:00:17 PM »

That's the answer I received when questioning why no Sirius on the Indian.  Polaris/Indian assumes (and probably correctly) that most folks will stream their music through their phones.  I don'a do dat.  I put all my stuff on a zip drive and/or listen to FM while traveling.  I did use the XM on the '15 SERGU until the free 3 months ran out.  We lucked out when we rode up to Canada last year...it was a free two weeks for Sirius...got it free for most of that trip.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2019, 02:12:13 PM »

That's the answer I received when questioning why no Sirius on the Indian.  Polaris/Indian assumes (and probably correctly) that most folks will stream their music through their phones.  I don'a do dat.  I put all my stuff on a zip drive and/or listen to FM while traveling.  I did use the XM on the '15 SERGU until the free 3 months ran out.  We lucked out when we rode up to Canada last year...it was a free two weeks for Sirius...got it free for most of that trip.
Sounds like a good excuse to me. A $44,000 + motorcycle should include the XM module. 

Personally i really like having SXM on my bikes. Negotiate every time I renew, about $60 per year.

Hate bring this up; BMW includes the SXM functionality on there touring bikes with radio. They also give you a one year free trial period. This is on a bike that's less than $25K loaded.

Harley is just shaving another corner. In the end they know that anyone buying a $44K+ bike is not going to pass over a SXM module. Chances are they won't know until they are owners.

We all must face reality, Harley is about return to shareholders, the dealers are about the bottom line. Motorcycles are just the "product ". Building the best motorcycle, a competitive motorcycle, especially in the category supported by older riders, touring bikes, not the highest priority.

Harley is making it's investments in electric bikes, Adventure bike, other products that they feel will appeal to younger folks and those riding other brands.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2019, 08:47:58 PM »

I like having XM on my bike.  I put 20K plus mile a year on it so its very nice to have.  I especially like the weather and traffic with it.  This has helped me several times.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2019, 10:19:47 PM »

I too installed the module on my 2018, called Sirius XM, told them I had added it to a new vehicle and they gave me three months trial period.

Called Sirius and they were more than happy to activate the radio for 90 days....easy-peasy.  They want your business

Sadly, SXM refused to give me a free trial when I called.  Didn't matter much, as I got my usual 6 months for $30, no activation fee.  Sure beats their non-negotiated $400/yr.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Bobs14Limited

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2019, 08:17:01 PM »

Installed the XM Module earlier today on my 2020 CVO Limited. The instructions for the installation are incorrect. They forgot to update them from the 2019 MY because for 2020, the GDO and telemetry unit is in the way for sliding the xm module into place. Also where they show to install the XM antenna is blocked because they have the GPS antenna in the way of mounting the antenna bracket next to the right speaker. I wound up using the antenna bracket from the 2014-2018 XM module kit. Harley also mentions that the module for the 2019-2020 is different from the 2014-2018 module. Well, it may have a different part number on it but it sure looked like the exact same module.
I believe the XM module kit part number was changed only because of the shape of the antenna mounting bracket.
I imagine on the non CVO bikes, where the GPS antenna is mounted on top of the radio, then the new bracket would work fine.
They never gave any thought for an update for the 2020 CVO bikes that don't come with XM anymore. But, I suppose, that's nothing new.

Update. Even using the XM antenna bracket from the 2014-2018 module kit on this 2020 CVO bike, the reception was awful. It worked fine on my 2017 Limited. No doubt with the WHIM, Telemetry and GDO modules under the batwing, they are sending out all kinds of radio interference for the XM antenna to operate properly. I would up placing it to the right of the fairing vent behind the windshield. Works great there.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 09:03:31 PM by Bobs14Limited »

Stewie_FL

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2020, 09:14:18 AM »

I just bought a 2020 CVO Limited.
If you go into setup, system information, there is a section for xm subscription, I haven't tried it cuz I use Spotify but maybe it's there and people just don't know it.

Never mind: just looked at the pic I took. No ESN or Radio number. Guess that helps if you want a subscription, duh.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 09:34:06 AM by Stewie_FL »
2020 CVO Ultra Limited
2011 Heritage Softail Classic

Past

1975 Suzuki TS125
1978 Honda CB750K
1991 Kawasaki ZX6
1992 Suzuki GSXR1100
1995 Honda Goldwing Anniversary Edition
1999 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa
2000 Yamaha Road Star 1600
2017 Street Glide Special

walstibsf

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2013 FLSTFB
    • CVO3: 2016 MOTO GUZZI
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2020, 04:52:04 PM »

$8M? Really? (that's what the MOCO is paying the new CEO per annum).....uh, but we can't afford to give you a second key fob with that $30K bike.....or the traditional front fender marker light...or the XM or weather band features in your radio. And when you contact MOCO customer service for an engineering issue that is at the corporate level: just BS and promises of a call back that never happens. HD used to be good, before, like many others, got so big that they forgot about the products, people, and customer service that got them there...

I've said it before, but this time I mean it:  it's the last time you get my money, MOCO
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 10:10:17 PM by walstibsf »
W  A  L  S  T  I  B  S  F..................................

what a long strange trip its been..........SO FAR

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2020, 08:12:12 PM »

$8M? Really? (that's the MOCO is paying the new CEO).....uh, but we can't afford to give you a second key fob with that $30K bike.....or the traditional front fender marker light...or the XM or weather band features in your radio. And when you contact MOCO customer service for an engineering issue that is at the corporate level: just BS and promises of a call back that never happens. HD used to be good, before, like many others, got so big that they forgot about the products, people, and customer service that got them there...

I've said it before, but this time I mean it:  it's the last time you get my money, MOCO

Not including Sirius does suck...but getting a 2nd fob is easy. I just looked at my salesman and said--you are giving me a 2nd fob with the new bike.....for the cost of the fob, they would be foolish not to. The front fender light is a styling choice--personally I like the clean front fender.

walstibsf

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2013 FLSTFB
    • CVO3: 2016 MOTO GUZZI
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2020, 10:07:50 PM »

Not including Sirius does suck...but getting a 2nd fob is easy. I just looked at my salesman and said--you are giving me a 2nd fob with the new bike.....for the cost of the fob, they would be foolish not to. The front fender light is a styling choice--personally I like the clean front fender.

Good strategy, MJB.  But at the prices we are paying for these machines, I think MOCO needs to be "all in".  Not just us laying down our hard earned cash so the execs can walk with a golden parachute...JS
W  A  L  S  T  I  B  S  F..................................

what a long strange trip its been..........SO FAR

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2020, 07:42:49 AM »

$8M? Really? (that's what the MOCO is paying the new CEO per annum).....uh, but we can't afford to give you a second key fob with that $30K bike.....or the traditional front fender marker light...or the XM or weather band features in your radio. And when you contact MOCO customer service for an engineering issue that is at the corporate level: just BS and promises of a call back that never happens. HD used to be good, before, like many others, got so big that they forgot about the products, people, and customer service that got them there...

The bold is spot on.  I have been promised call back on three different calls about 3 different issues on my bike.  Have never been called back.  I have called 8 times on not being able to make a call with apple iPhone 11.  Response is working on it, not sure when we will have it fixed. 

4th call on not being able to update my whim / headset or GTS head unit with my mac any more, response was we are no longer supporting MAC os, buy or barrow a windows PC.

In 20K miles I'm on my 3rd set of front rotors.  They need to figure out why.  One other bike out of 14 has needed a rotor once, in over 40K miles.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.313 seconds with 25 queries.