CVO Technical > Drive Train

Going into neutral....

<< < (2/3) > >>

chaos901:
Too much fluid in the primary.

stuart1270:

--- Quote from: Our Kings Harley on September 03, 2018, 09:52:47 PM ---04 Electra Glide 103 CVO  115000 miles...
Almost impossible to get to Neutral while running...Thought maybe fluid might be low or something, yeah not an expert. Anyway, wasn't low but it was dirty. I flushed it, pushed bled it and it feels the same...
Oh and all my goggles and youtubes point to Dot 4 but my reservoir covers say Dot 5 am I ok with Dot 5?

--- End quote ---
I know it's an old thread however no mentions primary chain tension. That almost always is the problem.

CVO Couple:
Depends if its a clutch release issue or trans shifter issue. both my bikes have different techniques to find neutral easy, Mobil 1 75/140 gear lube has made both bikes shift into neutral easier.

busarealfast:
I noticed the mileage was over 100k. Another possibility is the clutch hub could be so worn the clutch plates are hanging up in the grooves not releasing all the way.

cockawit:
happened to me and it was too much oil in primary. primary was over full due to tranny fluid transfer into the primary. started using gear oil in tranny and problem solved. I only use 80-90 gear oil.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version