Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: hdbrad03  (Read 15030 times)

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
hdbrad03
« on: March 17, 2018, 02:08:31 AM »

I’m not very good at this but here I go.

Most everyone is aware of hdbrad03 and RHODA-King (Brad and Val) that has been contributing members of this forum for some time now, I consider them friends for life even though we don’t see each other very often. Last September while at the Maggie Valley GTG Brad was involved in a freak accident that required him to be life-flighted to UT hospital in Knoxville, they released him later that night for some reason, it was apparent he had a concussion. I keep in contact with him from time to time and have learned the hard way through other site members he has a long road ahead for complete recovery, but I have faith that he will overcome this and move forward, Luv ya man. Anyhow I’m asking for some generosity please, to help them with some financial stress that has to be upon them. I’ll prolly take some lashing from even putting this out here and that’s okay by me. I could go on but will leave it at this for now.

Please give what you can via PayPal or if needed I can PM you a physical address. Please say some prayers to the one above for Brad, Val and their family.
I’m using my PayPal account to start off with because of convenience and I guarantee every cent will be forwarded to them or else.

Brads PayPal   meggb@roadrunner.com

Thanks to Everyone for prayers and gifts.

God bless

Phillip
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 06:14:53 PM by TN »
Wut the hell was that maneuver

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
Re: hdbad03
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 08:52:23 AM »

Phillip, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I just recently learned this about my buddy Brads condition and needs! Leaving MV last year I prayed this was behind us but it is not. Brad and Val have a special place in my heart from my first event In MV to many of the other GTG's they've attended and made it a special time. Brad was selfless and always helping those in need using his gifts God gave him to help others. I want to be there for Brad and Val in their time of needs as he's been there for others. It is an honor and privilege to give back an expression of my Love I have for him in a form a "Love Offering"! Continued prayers and healing. Please keep us updated so we know how to pray for his specific needs! Gods sweet. Love and blessings!

:bananarock:

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 10:51:50 AM »

Brad, sorry to hear about your medical issues. Judy and I are praying for you!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 09:17:39 PM »

Brad and Val are two of the nicest folks you would ever want to meet and Miss Susan and I are fortunate to call them both friends. Thinking of you guys everyday, hoping for a early spring for "Dreary Erie".
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 09:51:33 PM »

Thanks Philip for the  call tonight. Brad and Val our thoughts and prayers are continuing for Brads complete healing. We want to see y'all again in MAGGIE VALLEY with  or without a bike. We love y'all.
Mike & Susie
 :drink:

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 10:37:01 AM »

I’m just a messenger in this scenario, made a early morning decision after some talk with others on the subject. Thanks for the response thus far youz guys are amazing. Again if you PM me I’ll provide mailing address for Brad and Val so you can send them a lil something in the mail, if nothing else a card and plush toy. I prolly already crossed the line with them so I’m not gonna post their address on a open board, maybe.

After attending a few of the GTG's that has been put on through the years from here I have met some truly life long friends. If you'd told me 20years ago that I'd be socializing online with Harley riders I'd punched you between the eyes and laughed. I'm proud of it now.  :orange:

TN

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2018, 12:48:42 PM »

Phillip, Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention. Brad and Val have been in Paula's and my thoughts since the accident and we continue to pray for Brads recovery from his injuries. We will continue to do that, and we are happy to help in any way we are be able to.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 05:02:38 PM »

Phillip thanks for the update. I would ask for forgiveness in this matter as I've just lost touch with Brad. Please PM me the info. I'll reach out to the Black Sheep brothers as well.

BigLew

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 08:52:22 PM »

Thanks for chiming in guys  :2vrolijk_21: info sent and thanks to the anonymous donors as well. 

I'm sure Brad and Val will respond to all the love.

TN

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2018, 10:24:45 PM »

Phil thanks for posting.  Brad and Val are great people and need our help.  Y’all find it in your hearts to make a contribution in anyway you can.
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: hdbrad03
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 08:23:46 AM »

i sent something to your paypal, i'm sure it doesn't even cover the labor time Brad has spent turning wrenches on my bikes
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2018, 12:57:33 PM »

I really want to thank Phil (TN) for starting this thread and another old member (hey Good Howie) for the call to let me know it was here.  Embarrassed that I'd have completely missed it otherwise. 

In person I don't know Brad and Val much at all.  Though we've met a few times and ridden together a little.  Talked on the phone more times than that; about bikes and repairs and stuff.  PM'd about the same stuff even more.  When he was having bike issues of his own in Colorado or other times at home and trying to sort stuff out.  I also could not count on both hands, both feet, and then including any other appendages in the count the number of people on the site whom I know that Brad has worked on their bikes for them.

I get bikes from the guys within range come here to tinker.  Many times guys on road trips have had issues and found me for some repair or another on the trip.  It's always cool.  Brad has been the same thing in his neck of the woods.  On top of all that he and Val are just good people. 

I'm also embarrassed to say I didn't know Brad had been hurt as badly as he had and didn't know at all how difficult it had all become for the family.  Only thing I knew was some vague knowledge of a concussion after last years GTG.  No idea at all it was so much more significant and how damning, damaging, and difficult it had all been both for Brad personally and physically and for the family.

Best wishes and continued recovery for Brad and all the comfort, peace, and rest that can be mustered and shared to both Brad and Val.  From the bottom of my old crusty heart.

A little contribution to help the family out is a great idea.  No one is going to be asked to give until it hurts.  But if several (or many) shared just a little that could go a long way.  Since many of us (  ::)  ) could, kind of, possibly, perhaps; afford to skip a meal for the sake of our girlish figures that $20 from a meal or two spread out over a bunch of site members could add up in a hurry.

I understand that folks like Phil (TN) or me or many other old farts around here can be something of an unknown entity to a lot of the site membership.  Sending money to a stranger might seem unsettling.  TN is a guy whose driven a long way, the wrong way, with his pickup to get a site member with a busted bike.  He's not a guy to worry about.  If he says it's going to Brad it'll get to Brad and Val.  When I get done here I'm sending 50 bucks to TN and have zero worries it'll end up where it's supposed to. 

Hopefully many will see this thread.  Whether it might then come from some general compassion and gratitude for the opportunity to help another rider or whether it might come from that "there but for the grace of God go I" feeling that every one of us must accept every time we throw a leg over and ride away; hopefully a few (quite a few) will then send a little help.

Be well everyone.  Ride safe.  Then remember as you roll away and enjoy the beautiful ride; there but for the grace....    Then enjoy the ride.

Don (Twolane)

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2018, 02:10:50 PM »

Don, I think you put it very well letting everyone that doesn't personally know Brad see what a great person he is and Val is even better, nicer, better looking, ect. A lot of us here, on the site, have met a lot of the members and know them personally. Others we know on the site and have become great friends. When the call goes out for support for a member, it is amazing how large a response we see. Both moral and financial. Don't let not having a Pay Pal account get in the way, I don't use Pay Pal, however a check or money order works very well. I sent my check out today.
I will also be sending another check next month and if necessary I'll skip a few drinks and send another.

Thanks TN and GH for all you have done to get this rolling.

Susie says heal up fast.

Mike
 :drink:

« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 02:12:32 PM by MIKEYTEE »
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2018, 06:44:33 PM »

Can't add much to what has been said as it is all good and factual... I've had the pleasure of meeting Brad & Val on the way to GTG's (at overnight stops), and at GTG's both riding, breaking bread, and casual conversations at those events. I've been a member of this forum for almost 13 years and you can't find a better example of genuine people as both of them. Brad has helped many members working on their bikes whenever asked and I can't remember a time when he was stumped and couldn't remedy whatever situation was encountered. Donation has been sent, and I'm wishing a full, and fast recovery for Brad.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2018, 09:36:24 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 24 queries.