Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SiriusXM Radio Reception  (Read 1103 times)

screagle

SiriusXM Radio Reception
« on: April 26, 2015, 02:33:50 PM »

I have a 2015 CVO Limited.  It is perfect, except for the SiriusXM Radio Reception.

I have read the earlier threads about this issue and did not see a solution, other than installing an external antenna.

A riding buddy just bought a CVO Road Glide, which gave me the opportunity to determine whether the radios are bad or whether the antenna placement on the CVO Limited is the problem.  In a couple of hundred miles of riding, he reported a loss of reception only in one location where the tree branches cover the road.  Based on this experience, the problem must be with the location of the antenna on the CVO Limited.

Has anyone been able to improve the SiriusXM reception by moving the antenna inside the fairing?

FLH91

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2014 FLSTNSE
    • CVO3: 2013 FLTRXSE2
Re: SiriusXM Radio Reception
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 02:48:36 PM »

I haven't yet activated XM on my new CVO RGU but I'm very pleased to hear that it appears to have better reception.....  I'm sorry this doesn't help you out at all, but thanks for the post!

tpb857

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Tri Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Street Glide (traded)
    • CVO3: 2014 CVO Limited (sold)
Re: SiriusXM Radio Reception
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 05:12:14 AM »

I tried moving it inside the fairing as I had read a thread a while ago stating that it helped.  It did not help on mine, so I moved mine to sit on top of the inner fairing, just behind the windshield to the right of the vent.  Great improvement.

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.