Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: CVO Ultra Ltd tires  (Read 6972 times)

adkg12

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3 - CVO Screaming Eagle Road King.
Re: CVO Ultra Ltd tires
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2015, 03:53:06 PM »

My Elite 3's are about up, and I wanted to do MC2's but they dont make the back tire in my size...Ugh...LOL
Glen

hdctss

• Senior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE, 2013 FLHTCUSE8 - both traded
    • CVO3: 2009 FLHTCUSE4, 2007 FLHTCUSE2 - both traded
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2015, 07:45:12 PM »

cannot go wrong with the american elites...great tires, way better than stock, and they will be going on my '14 this year
2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary Odyssey Blue
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire with Dragontail Graphics (traded)
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Silver/Slate and Titanium (traded)
2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Blue (traded)
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red (traded)

marty99

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2015, 10:34:32 PM »

Just keep an eye on the air pressure for longer life!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Erik

• Ride Free
    • SC

• CVO1: '12 H-D FLHXSE3
    • CVO2: '14 H-D FLHTKSE
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2015, 08:49:44 AM »

For the record, as my front stock Dunlop was past the wear marks at 7k miles, I went ahead and replaced both front and back with Michelin Commander II.  I didn't get more than 3 hrs into a 2 week 6k mile trip out west before the rear tire slipped and I almost went down in a damp turn.  I shook it off and decided the factory 'film' might still be on the tires, but over the course of the next 2 weeks I experienced at 5 separate incidents on wet and dry roads where the MC II rear tire slipped substantially.  Both turning and accelerating.  It seems to me, there simply too much flat surface area and not enough tread surface coverage.  I'll run these tires through their paces for another 5k mikes (total 12k) if they hold out that long.  Then I'm going to give the Elite's a try.
'00 H-D FLHSTC
'12 H-D FLHXSE3
'14 H-D FLHTKSE (Fullsac DX 2" Core and baffles)

adkg12

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3 - CVO Screaming Eagle Road King.
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2015, 11:47:48 AM »

I had nothing but great experiences with MC2's on my bike.  No matter what the road condition was...they seem to have a pretty consistent following.  Maybe they just didn't do well on your bike.

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 FLHTCUSE5, FullSac Xpipe, 2",TTS, 8 speaker HogTunes!
    • CVO2: WO's Chubby 578, Road Tech Zumo 660
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2015, 12:35:44 PM »

A Question
To you guys getting high mileage on your tires.   What air pressure do you run?

To you guys getting low mileage on your tires.   What air pressure do you run?
I was so much Older then....I am younger than that Now.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2015, 09:38:58 PM »

I got 16K out of the Dunlops on my 09. They still had a little left but the dealer had  a 20% off sale and free mounting which saved me having to take them off and take to dealer for mounting so I went early. I have not put enough miles on my 15 to really get a good idea of life.
I  run 38# frt and 40# rear. I use only Dunlop, they are owned by Goodyear, I support companies that support my interests and Goodyear does that.
So no Michelin or Avons for me, ever. Both may be good tires but I have never seen a drag car of any sort with either brand. 

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 FLHTCUSE5, FullSac Xpipe, 2",TTS, 8 speaker HogTunes!
    • CVO2: WO's Chubby 578, Road Tech Zumo 660
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2015, 03:21:03 PM »

I just checked my tires that I bought at my local Indy shop.  Dunlops

New                                             Now
F 8/32                                          F 5/32
R 11/32                                        R 7/32

I have 4,903 miles at this point.
I can see getting about 10k on these but I dont think I could get anywhere near 15k without riding them to the cords.
I mostly ride in the mountains I wonder if that wears the tires faster.
The Indy shop recomended 40psi front and rear.  Thats what I have been running.
I was so much Older then....I am younger than that Now.

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2015, 10:33:00 AM »

Jim, I have the twin of your bike that I bought two years ago with 3000 miles. The stock rear lasted until 12K and I ride fairly aggressively. I. too, switched to the AE (Gen 2) and so far, it's good with about 9K on it. I have a MV ride in June and will likely add around 3500 miles on it on that trip.
This AE looks good enough that I don't plan to change it until I get back. I'll let you know how that works out.
Two thousand miles after the rear I swapped the front original due to cupping though not close to worn out at 14K. i switched it also to the AE Gen2.

Quoting myself to follow up.
I just returned from my Maggie Valley trip; with about 9K on the rear AE2 it looked good at the start but I didn't know if it would make the whole trip and back home.
It did not. Taking a scenic wandering route for days and then riding at Maggie Valley for three more and at 10,729 miles the AE2 looked done. At least done to the point that I decided not to ride it home. I had started the trip with the tread grooves in the center of the  tread well-defined if a bit shallow. After a couple of days the grooves were pretty much gone in the center two inches, but you could easily see where the HAD been... a few more days and you couldn't find even a trace of the grooves in the center and it was time to bail.  A few phone calls and I went to the Indian/Victory dealer right there in Waynesville and had it replaced with the same AE2.
FYI: HD Asheville was out of the AE but had a Commander II or the original D407/8.
Indian had The Commander II for 299 OTD and the AE was 320 OTD beating the HD dealer by 25 bux each.
The Indian Dealer was not busy, got me right in, done in an hour. Their service was exceptional.
The only issue I had (nit-picking here) the parts guy referred to the tire repeatedly as "E-3", "Elite 3".
I explained that they don't make an E3 in this size, do you have the tire that fits my bike, or do you have an E3?
It was a little frustrating, to the point that I had get him to pull the tire from the shelf to satisfy me that he was quoting the proper tire model/size/price. All because he kept calling it by the wrong model name.
He finally looks and says "yeah, that's it... it says "American Elite".
When I got there I verified it was an AE Gen2 tire.
I'm very happy with the service.

Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

Yzernie

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE that had the engine blow up twice.
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2015, 11:46:52 AM »

Another thing to consider....if you have the tire replacement on your extended warranty they will only honor it if you have Dunlop tires on the bike.  Doesn't have to be the stock models of the Dunlop, just a Dunlop that is properly rated for your bike. 
"The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it" - Unknown
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 21 queries.