Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Compass  (Read 2862 times)

RRSteve

• Full CVO Member
Re: Compass
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2004, 08:01:03 AM »

I'm with Magoo on this one.  I picked up a Garmin GPSIII a couple of years ago that someone had returned to Walmart without the manual, packaging, etc. for $100. I downloaded the manual, ordered a handle bar mount and the software and have used it many times.  Here in the mountains of N.C. and north GA. it has been a very useful tool when we decide to go the backroads to some destination, and just head out in the general direction. It has helped us find some of the most scenic routes to places we had previously been, but had only used the mainstream route to get there. It's fun to just wander in the general direction but when it starts getting late and we start getting tired, we turn the gps on, punch in our destination, and get the most direct route from wherever we happen to be.

garya1

• Full CVO Member
  • 2015 CVORG and a host of others
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2004, 08:52:49 AM »

On my SERG, I have the Pioneer DVD/GPS/MP3/XM/AM/FM/Rear View Camera unit. It is nice to have the digital compass up on the display while using the rear view camera. It is even
« Last Edit: October 02, 2004, 08:54:41 AM by garya1 »
I have had a passion to ride since age 10 when Dad told me I would NEVER have a motorcycle!

tc2728

• Man of Many Bikes
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2004, 08:21:19 AM »

The one I installed on a friend's was a pain! I only raised the rear of the tank up and slid the wire forward. You are correct, their instructions suck. It looks good but isn't worth much. I have found a Hickers GPS that will fit in the faring bags. I will let you know how this works. I plan to cut the center pouch and allow the front to drop down so I can keep the GPS mounted there.

I sold my orange 04 SE and my ship day the Wednesday thew 6th for my 05 Cherry SE!!!

I have about everything I can think of for the new one but this one thing!
Man of Many Bikes

MGB

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2004, 12:23:52 PM »

tc2728, welcome to the site. I haven't been on it long myself but have already found a bunch of good stuff to watch out for on my orange and black 04 SEEG. Seems to be a good bunch of folks on this site who don't mind sharing info. Tim has a front wheel and a clutch cover on order for me now. I'm in the Columbia area too, so maybe we'll hook up some time for a ride.
Mike

'78 Vette
'78 Tri. Bonneville
'04 SEEG
'13 Ann. Tri-Glide
'02 883 (wife's)
'04 1200 (wife's)
'12 sWITCHBACK (wife's)

"RIDE WATCHA GOT"
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.