Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Fullsac CVO conversion  (Read 16037 times)

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
Re: Fullsac CVO conversion
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 07:36:51 PM »

Regarding the Fullsac CVO conversion, has anyone had their scooter on a Dyno before and after? The performance issue can't be based on sound or looks.  I'd like to see some real numbers before I make up my mind! It makes a difference also whether the stock head pipes are used or the Fullsac conversion is with true dual headers. Right now I'm riding around with one muffler different than the other.  >:( The "center extension pipe" fell out of my left muffler and Harley hasn't be able to replace the warrentied muffler yet. Still back ordered. From this site it appears that the Rinehart system is the best, though expensive, but I'm not familiar enough with the "maps" to know which is best, per dyno tests. Any advice will be considered.  :)

grit,  if your after performance numbers, a two into one will out perform anything else on a DYNO.  BUT, we don't ride our bikes on DYNO's.  I've had most every major player of exhaust on my bikes at one time or another. Rineharts, Fatcat, Bassanni, all wth different muffler combos, etc.  I totally agree that any system needs to be tuned  to get max performance, but in my humble opinion, the seat of the pants can't tell much difference. Just go with a system that you like for looks and sound. My own seat of the pants dyno is very positive with the Fullsacs. The bike seems very happy and runs excellent. BTW, currently I'm running a stock # 36 map onthe RT, as an indy that was supposed to be RT certified, screwed my bike so bad when I put a FatCat on it ( over 60 pulls ), that I had to retreat to a stock download when I took the FC off.  It runs so good now, I really hate to change it, as the tuners here are far apart and none are known to be the "best".  
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

grit

• GRIT
  • Junior CVO Member
  • CVO 2009; FLHTCUSE Stardust Silver/Twilight Blue
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 10:26:01 PM »

I'm aware that the 2 into 1 system will out perform most other setups but I really dislike the looks. Particularily on a bagger. I'm not looking for horse power numbers as much as torque numbers! My 95ci is well over 105 on both hp & torque! The cams in this 110 ci are definatley torque producers so I don't want the numbers to go down by having the wrong baffled mufflers. That's why the question ... has anyone had their bike on the dyno both before and after installing the Fullsac CVO conversion. You can have great looks, really like the sound and kill the bottom end torque. When Rinehart first came out, they had 2 and 1/2" baffles. Sounded like you were going like a bat out of hell, and the top hp was terrific, but the bottom end torque was gone. Only a dyno will show this! Choking the baffles down to 2" produced the best hp and tq, on the dyno, but ruined the sound.  2 1/4 " dropped both numbers hp & tq but gave it a descent sound again. Not great, just descent. I've got a great dyno guy and he will do the best in can for me based on what I give him to work with. I'd still like to see some numbers of this muffler conversion. It's all about air!  [smiley=jalapeno.gif]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 10:29:08 PM by grit »

jeagle

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 09:03:47 PM »

I am very interested in retaining the stock look of my '06 SE Ultra but like many of you the stock sound is not working for me.  I don't' want a loud bike but I don't want a bike that sounds like a VW either.  I heard the '07 SE Ultra's and they sounded a bit better. so I tried the SE 4" 'street legal' slip ons. 

Here are my observations;

Too long - The muffler is actually longer than the stock '06 muffler. (see pic)  I have them shoved completely forward on the mounts.
End Caps - required new caps as the '06 caps will not mate up to the SE slip ons
Sound - maybe a tad louder, and a little more throaty, that's it.

So does anyone have a sound clip of the fulsac modified stock SE 4" mufflers?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 09:06:17 PM by jeagle »

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 10:31:36 PM »

jeagle, let me be the first to welcome you to this site.  Please take a moment to post in the new member section to properly introduce yourself.  If you've been a lurker then you know the we are more than willing to help you spend some of your dough on improving the performance and looks of your scoot.  Hope someone can answer you question and look forward to seeing you on the site. :cherry:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 04:10:51 PM »

Well talk about seat of your pants! This is a pic from fullsac's web page!

:worthless:

Greaseball

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 07:38:21 AM »

That Fullsac photo would have been more impressive if he had not used a back rest on the bike....LOL!!

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 06:01:49 PM »

Well talk about seat of your pants! This is a pic from fullsac's web page!

:worthless:

I'm not totally convinced that picture didnt spend some time in Photoshop!  ;)
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 06:49:09 PM »

Yeah, I thought the same thing until I saw this video... http://www.dragonflycycleconcepts.com/dragonfly.wmv
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2007, 08:39:33 AM »

Not sure why you would think that? Look at the shadow of the bike on the road, here's another. Yea, the dragonfly video is great!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 08:46:52 AM by Talon »

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 08:42:58 AM »

One more!

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2007, 05:32:17 PM »

Not sure why you would think that? Look at the shadow of the bike on the road, here's another. Yea, the dragonfly video is great!
I've seen some guys do things you cant believe in Photoshop or other programs. I just dont believe any pictures anymore.
Remember the old saying, "dont believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see!"
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 05:38:08 PM »

Well they must have done a good job, the bottom of the bike, the shadows, the tires are rippled just where they sit on the road, but I guess they could fake it, but it looks pretty convincing to me..

Hey their you of your guys in AZ, you should take a trip to Lake Havasu and check it out first hand!!!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 05:41:05 PM by Talon »

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2007, 06:36:14 PM »

Does anyone have any idea how the Fullsac CVO conversions compare with the V&H Ovals?  I have the V&H Dresser Duals and Ovals on my '06 CUSE.  They are at the top of my tolerance for noise level and am wondering if the Fullsac conversion is quieter than the Ovals??
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 07:12:23 PM by DakotaZeb »

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2007, 06:43:26 PM »

I agree.
That CamCo sign on his back smells of PhotoChop to me.

But I could be wrong.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2007, 07:41:32 PM »

Does anyone have any idea how the Fullsac CVO conversions compare with the V&H Ovals?  I have the V&H Dresser Duals and Ovals on my '06 CUSE.  They are at the top of my tolerance for noise level and am wondering if the Fullsac conversion is quieter than the Ovals??
Dakota, the're not much quieter.  In fact, I took mine off after about a 1000 miles. Was kinda dissapointed, especially after talking to Steve and him indicating that the CVO's were quieter due to the outer packing, but sounds are different and subjective to all of us. I liked the tone and the sound, just didn't like the volume.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 21 queries.