Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Motorcycle warranty  (Read 2126 times)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

Motorcycle warranty
« on: May 04, 2017, 03:43:49 PM »

Has anyone dealt with Full Throttle warranty?  They want $1,120.00 for 5 years coverage

http://www.fullthrottlewarranty.com/
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Motorcycle warranty
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 04:09:14 PM »

Don't know anything about them but they are close enough that either me or you could run down and go face to face with them if they didn't pay up!
Really though I think they are covered by the Florida Insurance Commissioner. Maybe contact them and see if any complaints.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 04:12:36 PM »

Scanned the coverage offered & looks like the motor internals, tranny, powerdrive related items are covered.  Did not see anything in regard to computer module (may have missed it), radio, heated grips/seat. 

Never heard of this company, will check around on it.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

pvanwagner

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

• CVO1: 2017 FLHXSE Starfire Black / Atomic Red
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE Candy Cobalt / Indigo Ink
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 04:48:23 PM »

From their contract:

"You  will  be  required  at  our  discretion  to  present  verifiable
receipts from a licensed repair facility for all maintenance and repairs
performed on your vehicle."

Not even Harley requires that.  On all of my Harleys I have always done 100% of my maintenance and services according to their service manual and have had all warranty claims approved.  My 2011 Limited needed new rings at 10,000 and 20,000 miles and then lifters at 25,000 miles and they approved and covered the work (they did all the repairs of course).  They didn't even ask to see my records, but I keep those records just in case.

I was interested for a moment because this is much cheaper than the ESP they sell you with a new bike so I was thinking of cancelling that and purchasing this but that's a pretty big deal breaker for me.
2017 CVO Street Glide FLHXSE Starfire Black / Atomic Red
2017 CVO Street Glide FLHXSE Candy Cobalt / Indigo Ink
2012 Softail Slim (Sold)
2011 Electra Glide Ultra Limited Apple Green / Vivid Black (Sold)
2011 Electra Glide Ultra Limited Psychedelic Purple / Vivid Black (Sold)
2005 Softail Deluxe (Sold)
2003 Softail Heritage (Sold)
2002 Sportster 1200 Custom (Sold)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 05:37:49 PM »

They have next to no real information on their site, and it appears they just recently started this little venture.  Without knowing who is actually backing this operation, which is one of the many crucial bits of info they don't talk about, I wouldn't touch them with a fifty foot pole.  Make sure you check them out with your state insurance regulator and get the full story before even considering this.  Any time someone offers a product for much less than others do, there's plenty of reason to be skeptical and careful.  And it looks like they don't cover much of the stuff the other companies cover.  People with bikes loaded with electronics need to read what they cover.  Basically appears to be mechanical only, and not even all of that.  For instance, their final drive coverage only applies to shaft drive bikes.

If it sounds too good to be true, assume it is.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 07:16:22 PM »

Good info, Jerry.

I noticed on their coverage contract  http://www.fullthrottlewarranty.com/?id=Contract this for electrical:

9. Electrical: Starter, coils, rectifiers, stator, magneto, solenoids, alternator/generator, voltage regulator. Wiring harness, electronic ignition module, and electronic fuel injection system (including all input/sensors and output/control units related to the fuel injection system).

So looks like nothing for radios, intercom, GPS, CB, cruise control, etc.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 07:34:41 PM »

For best likely info on who is a good service contract provider (or not) why not just ask HD-Dude.  His shop has to deal with them on a regular basis.  Get the info straight from the guy who sees them perform.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 09:18:46 AM »

If I could sell 1000 anythings for $1000 ea........I could run off and hide with a million buck nestegg.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 11:24:17 AM »

I called them and they told me if it was covered under Harley factory warranty they covered it with their extended warranty. I told them thanks if I was interested or had any other questions I would call them back.

They have called me no less than twice a day for 4 days trying to sell me on their policy. That in itself makes me shy away.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 12:00:15 PM »

I called them and they told me if it was covered under Harley factory warranty they covered it with their extended warranty. I told them thanks if I was interested or had any other questions I would call them back.

They have called me no less than twice a day for 4 days trying to sell me on their policy. That in itself makes me shy away.
:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 01:35:02 PM »

If that's the case then I'm sure they wouldn't mind putting it in writing, right?  Of course we all know that no extended service agreement actually covers all the things the factory warranty covers.  Try getting your ESP to pay for cosmetic defects with your paint, chrome, seat, etc.  Next time they call to hawk their ESP, you might want to ask them if they care to put that BS in writing, mention the above examples, and see how much backpedaling occurs.  The only thing that counts is what's in the actual policy, and no where did I read they would cover everything the factory warranty covers.  In fact, as I noted before, they list what is covered and there is no mention of even the electronics, much less paint and chrome.  I don't know about anyone else, but when I catch people in lies when trying to sell me things I don't do business with them.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2017, 08:24:06 AM »

Jerry,

I really don't care to talk to them about it anymore.  I decided not to try them.  Funny I was tied up all day yesterday and 4 different people from there called and left me messages about signing me up for their warranty. Now it's no dealer inspection required, warranty effective after 500 miles or 30 days from issuance.   So basically all one needs to do is give them the money and your covered.

I smell a rat
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 12:28:09 PM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 10:47:13 AM »

Run Forrest Run!!.There is  a reason they are chasing you..and it isn;t good...
 .. Bought a Cornerstone Warranty from Jim Palmer @ Kutter HD/ think it's Boardtracker now for my old '11.   Worked like a charm, will buy another one when factory warranty runs out
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.