Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Freedom Cycles / Yuill Bros. Cam Specs  (Read 16139 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: Freedom Cycles / Yuill Bros. Cam Specs
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2007, 11:07:33 PM »

Had to do it anyway B. That's what I went by.

The Line that Divided the North and South
Alhough the Mason-Dixon line is most commonly associated with the division between the northern and southern (free and slave, respectively) states during the 1800s and American Civil War-era, the line was delineated in the mid-1700s to settle a property dispute. The two surveyors who mapped the line, Charles Mason and Jeremiah Dixon, will always be known for their famous boundary.

Hoist! 8)

Howie,
         You truly are turning into Twolane Jr. First it was the high post count, now it's documenting your side of an argument with actual facts as opposed to swingin from the lip like some of us ( me at the head of that line) 

Good post Dude. I'm sure you just made a bunch of folks happy.

B B

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM »

HD-Dude,

Thanks for posting the cam specs I am sure many on the site wanted to see them as public info.   

This has been a long awaited release for sure!. I got this about 2 weeks ago, With FCC's permision I am posting them here. i know many members are not willing to use something they do not know the specs of. I am pleased however that they decided to let this become public!

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 11:19:57 PM »

Hey Jim, I assume this is the first one for the 110's. This one looks like it's good for stock heads and valve springs. Are they working on more aggressive ones? Hoist! 8)

This is the first for the 110's that I have heard of. i know there has been some chatter about Zippers producing a cam for the 110's as well. These were desinged as a "bolt in" for the stock heads and valve springs. Brad told me that you can even use the stock push rods as the base circle of the lobe is the same as stock.

I am not aware of a more aggressive cam, I would think that to be more aggressive you would also need some head work. At that point there are already aftermarket cams that would fit the need.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2007, 11:21:48 PM »

from what I know of cam profiles that should be a good solid cam with a lot of low end and mid range power. Good lift, not too much duration so the HP is not in the upper RPM range and the overlap at 40 degrees is what you want is perfect for the duration and lift. Is this the Cam people were recommending Beagle put in his Cherry Bomb? No head work required ?
I'll let Beags be the Guinea pig and drop one in Elvis is he gets too far ahead  LD doesn't need it

B B

B;
If Beags wants to eventually get a bit of head work done or bump the compression up a bit then he should use the FCC-13, otherwise the FCC-14 is the ticket!

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2007, 11:26:30 PM »

I think I may want this cam for the Springer, looked at their site and cannot find any info  ,ship date  how much$$,I am looking to you,s guy,s for some good solid input. Waiting on V@H pipe ,SERT and thought this is the time to do the cam, Don,t want to do lots of motor work  but hopeing this will open up the motor and cure the heat issue. Will inform my local turner of this cam and look for your input . tks

Skippy, I have not personally done a cam in the 110" yet. But I can assure you that Brad at Freedom does not release anything that is not proven. The heat issue is addressed by the longer exhaust duration. As far as pricing goes I will get that info and post it tomorrow. The site will get a discount as well!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2007, 11:26:58 PM »

This has been a long awaited release for sure!. I got this about 2 weeks ago, With FCC's permision I am posting them here. i know many members are not willing to use something they do not know the specs of. I am pleased however that they decided to let this become public!

Jim,
      I'm confused. Why would they NOT publish the specs. How do you pick a cam without knowing the specs ? Serioulsy, when I bumped up LD, Harry sent me some stuff to consider and also pointed out the crappy profile of the cams that came in the MoCo's 103 "kit" I have a rudimentary understanding of cam profiles based on some reading, riding experience and shop talk. So by looking at the profiles, I picked what I felt would work for me in LD and I am very happy with it.

B B

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2007, 11:35:47 PM »

Jim,
      I'm confused. Why would they NOT publish the specs. How do you pick a cam without knowing the specs ? Serioulsy, when I bumped up LD, Harry sent me some stuff to consider and also pointed out the crappy profile of the cams that came in the MoCo's 103 "kit" I have a rudimentary understanding of cam profiles based on some reading, riding experience and shop talk. So by looking at the profiles, I picked what I felt would work for me in LD and I am very happy with it.

B B
I have met Brad personally and would trust him with my motor and what goes into it. FCC came out with the 103 cams a year or so ago, at that time they did not want to "educate the competition" and therefore would not disclose the specs. While I did not agree with that stance I accepted it a decided to try them anyway. (He come from the "old school" drag racing mentality where what happens in your pit stays in your pit) They worked VERY well!. Since then there have been a few changes to the cam that I used (FCC-9). The FCC-13 and 14 are the final products for the 103's. Since he is at the "final product" stage they are now releasing the specs.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2007, 11:45:19 PM »

I have met Brad personally and would trust him with my motor and what goes into it. FCC came out with the 103 cams a year or so ago, at that time they did not want to "educate the competition" and therefore would not disclose the specs. While I did not agree with that stance I accepted it a decided to try them anyway. (He come from the "old school" drag racing mentality where what happens in your pit stays in your pit) They worked VERY well!. Since then there have been a few changes to the cam that I used (FCC-9). The FCC-13 and 14 are the final products for the 103's. Since he is at the "final product" stage they are now releasing the specs.

You said the magic words. I assume they're gear drive too? Interesting... ::) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2007, 11:48:44 PM »

Speaking of Cams and gear driven to be specific, Hank  - - Beagle's brother in Law got his motor bumped up and the whole top end and cams are by Dave Mackie. I couldn't believe how quiet the DM590G cams were in Hank's motor. I didn't go with gear drive on LD because the one's I'd heard whined like hell. How are these for noise Jim ?

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2007, 11:50:35 PM »

You said the magic words. I assume they're gear drive too? Interesting... ::) Hoist! 8)

Of Course, they would not have it any other way...(although Brad told me that he will have the "12" versions availible in a chain drive for those that must have it)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2007, 11:56:43 PM »

Speaking of Cams and gear driven to be specific, Hank  - - Beagle's brother in Law got his motor bumped up and the whole top end and cams are by Dave Mackie. I couldn't believe how quiet the DM590G cams were in Hank's motor. I didn't go with gear drive on LD because the one's I'd heard whined like hell. How are these for noise Jim ?

B;
the gear "whine" typically comes from the crank runout not being in spec or the need for an undersize or oversize gear. If the gear lash is checked and in spec then the standard gears that come in the kit are fine. S&S make both under and oversized gears if the need arrises. FWIW all of the cam jobs i have done have been fine with the standard gears.

Noisy cams (sounds like bad lifters or clacking in the rocker box) are typically caused by aggressive ramps on the cam itself.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2007, 12:00:42 AM »

B;
the gear "whine" typically comes from the crank runout not being in spec or the need for an undersize or oversize gear. If the gear lash is checked and in spec then the standard gears that come in the kit are fine. S&S make both under and oversized gears if the need arrises. FWIW all of the cam jobs i have done have been fine with the standard gears.

Noisy cams (sounds like bad lifters or clacking in the rocker box) are typically caused by aggressive ramps on the cam itself.

I suspected as much, but had still heard some whiney cams from shops known for doing good work.

As to the 2nd part of your post, I used to run Leinweber cams in my hotrod Evos. Need I say more ?

B B

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2007, 12:03:48 AM »

I suspected as much, but had still heard some whiney cams from shops known for doing good work.

As to the 2nd part of your post, I used to run Leinweber cams in my hotrod Evos. Need I say more ?

B B

They ran well but......Clackitty-clack, clattitty-clack.......

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2007, 12:45:25 AM »

HD-Dude,

As a point of interest Andrews also developed a cam for the 110.  It was said that it was released at the Vtwin Show as a 555 cam or something like that. 

Correct me where I stumble please in regards to the YP FCC Series of Cams.

If your running stock 103 engine / air cleaner / pipes / sert or power commander you would run the FCC14
If your running 103 with headwork / 10.5 to 1 / and the above fore mentioned you would run the FCC13

If your running a 110 you would run the yb SE- FCC14-07

I was of the understanding that the 12  maybe it was the 12r was for all around agressive built something like ole chippy's cherry bomb.

Is this an accurate depiction of the use of the cams?
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2007, 01:07:21 AM »

HD-Dude,

As a point of interest Andrews also developed a cam for the 110.  It was said that it was released at the Vtwin Show as a 555 cam or something like that. 

Correct me where I stumble please in regards to the YP FCC Series of Cams.

If your running stock 103 engine / air cleaner / pipes / sert or power commander you would run the FCC14
If your running 103 with headwork / 10.5 to 1 / and the above fore mentioned you would run the FCC13

Yes, except that Brad did say a mild increase in compression (up to 10:1) and minor headwork

If your running a 110 you would run the yb SE- FCC14-07
Yes, with stock heads, This is meant to be a "bolt in" cam

I was of the understanding that the 12  maybe it was the 12r was for all around agressive built something like ole chippy's cherry bomb.

Not sure which cam Chip had done in his Cherry, It may have been the FCC9, according to Brad the 9 is very close in spec to the 13.
Is this an accurate depiction of the use of the cams?

Yes, except as noted above. I am certainly not an "expert" on these cams, just passing info on that was provided to me through many discussions with FCC and the attached info. I have installed the 9,13,and 14 versions of these cams with good results. I have a set of "12" cams going in an 05 FLH with stage 1 95" kit in the next week or so, i'll post results when I get er done.....
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 01:13:44 AM by hd-dude »
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 21 queries.