Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Electrical....Does anyone one know...  (Read 1349 times)

Nad

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

Electrical....Does anyone one know...
« on: November 01, 2017, 04:42:50 AM »

Is the 2017 FLHXSE pre wired for auxiliary lights?  I have a wiring harness on the left side, but no switches., only blank buttons.  If so: 1.  Where are the connectors and. 2.  If I wore driving lights into the harness, will they work while brights are on? 

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
Re: Electrical....Does anyone one know...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 11:03:42 AM »

Is the 2017 FLHXSE pre wired for auxiliary lights?  I have a wiring harness on the left side, but no switches., only blank buttons.  If so: 1.  Where are the connectors and. 2.  If I wore driving lights into the harness, will they work while brights are on?
If the aux lights are P&A, the instructions which come with it might indicate your answer :nixweiss:. Otherwise get yourself a factory service manual or see if your dealer can answer your question.
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

Nad

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 11:42:52 AM »

I've talked to three techs at my local dealer, and had parts try to find accompanying harness, to no avail. So, what do you do when the "experts" don't know the answer?  I don't want to tear my wiring harness apart to try to trace the wires. Very frustrating!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 12:46:46 PM »

Harley sells kits to add switches to the dash panel.  If you look at a 2017 CVO Limited you'll see a switch on the left side that you don't have on your 2017 CVO SG.  You have blank solid buttons.  I would suggest if your dealerships parts and service guys don't know this, you might want to try a different dealership.

The bare bones wiring diagram in the parts manual for your bike shows two four-pin connectors in the fairing labeled turn signals/aux lighting.  Since the turn signals only require two wires and pins, I'm guessing the other two pins are meant to be used with aux lights, but there again I have absolutely zero hands-on experience with your model.  A real electrical wiring diagram from the shop manual would be a wise purchase.  Things have changed a couple times with regard to electrical systems in recent years.  Your bike has a CAN bus system and you can't just splice wires or add additional loads to circuits without knowing what you're doing.  Some things require simple programing of the BCM to enable certain functions.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

havenolife

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 01:08:12 PM »

part number 71400106 I have that but no switch pac or bottons now its just part number 69200722 if you can use it I will ship it for $20.00 dollars it will probley cost me $10.00 dollars to ship it

Nad

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 10:00:43 AM »

I've seen these parts in the catalog, but....which side do they go on?  If it's the right, will that affect my security alarm buttons?  If it's the left, I will still need to buy the aux switch the buttons connect to.  And, with that affect any other electrical devise, since I'm replacing the existing wiring harness?

dbentzen51

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 04:03:56 AM »

2018 part# 71400129 works as CVO not listed as fitment   model  need to use the Limited switch module kit to fit

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.