Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: legend suspension  (Read 6516 times)

jcd520

legend suspension
« on: January 11, 2018, 11:40:41 AM »

Legend suspension has a couple new products ---------
specifically designed for the 21" knockout wheel bikes. One is for the 2018 cvo rg's specifically and the other is for bikes upgraded to 21" wheels like maybe a street glide or rg special.
I have ordered the front cartridge kit for the 2018 cvo rg for my bike as well as some 13" legend revo A rear shocks. part #'s are 0414-0544 for the cartridge kit, and 1310- 0959 for the shocks. I spoke with them on the phone at length about the setup and oredered pretty much immediately after my conversation. I will post my results here as soon as I get them and get it all installed. Can't wait. The bike as it sits is just a little too harsh ----abrupt--- would be the more appropriate word.

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: legend suspension
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 02:36:05 PM »

I really like mine in my older bagger, 09.  After addressing the rear.  How bad the front was from HD really showed up.

I took and I suggest taking the time to set up your preload.  There is a chart for weight but I set mine up by actual sag.  Takes some time because there is some install/ uninstall time but it was well worth it.  I did this all dry because the oil is only used for lube.

Second best set up I have ever rode on a Harley bagger.

jcd520

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 09:44:39 PM »

specifically designed for the 21" knockout wheel bikes. One is for the 2018 cvo rg's specifically and the other is for bikes upgraded to 21" wheels like maybe a street glide or rg special.
I have ordered the front cartridge kit for the 2018 cvo rg for my bike as well as some 13" legend revo A rear shocks. part #'s are 0414-0544 for the cartridge kit, and 1310- 0959 for the shocks. I spoke with them on the phone at length about the setup and oredered pretty much immediately after my conversation. I will post my results here as soon as I get them and get it all installed. Can't wait. The bike as it sits is just a little too harsh ----abrupt--- would be the more appropriate word.
Got it all installed.....set preload on the cartridges at 1 turn.....sag on rear shocks at 1 inch as directed....rebound on 3 (factory setting)....rode it 100 miles today and could tell the difference as soon as I rode out of my shop.
Ive never had ohlins but these legends are amazing......glad I bought them. Gonna back off the preload on the rear a little tomorrow and soften the rebound 1 click.....should make it perfect. What a difference on this 18 rg.........!!!!!!!

CJ CYCLE

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE CVO ROAD GLIDE
    • CJ CYCLE
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 12:55:00 AM »

Nice!   :2vrolijk_21:
CHOPS

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 09:40:04 AM »

So is the rear shock an air shock?

BigLew

CJ CYCLE

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CJ CYCLE
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 01:24:08 PM »

So is the rear shock an air shock?

BigLew

It is a coil type suspension with pre-load adjustment and rebound adjustment.

https://www.legendsuspensions.com/products/view/legend-revo-a-flh
CHOPS

Gandrtravis

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

• CVO1: 2008 cvo dyna inferno red and desert black sold
    • CVO2: 2014 cvo road king tribal orange and galactic black traded
    • CVO3: 2018 cvo road glide gunship grey
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 02:24:19 PM »

Got it all installed.....set preload on the cartridges at 1 turn.....sag on rear shocks at 1 inch as directed....rebound on 3 (factory setting)....rode it 100 miles today and could tell the difference as soon as I rode out of my shop.
Ive never had ohlins but these legends are amazing......glad I bought them. Gonna back off the preload on the rear a little tomorrow and soften the rebound 1 click.....should make it perfect. What a difference on this 18 rg.........!!!!!!!

Any more updates on handling I’ve talked to some people about suspension and I have been really contemplating this route as it’s designed for 21” wheel bikes. I was going to just do the rear 13” shocks but they suggest doing both do you notice the front suspension being worth the extra 1000 bucks? Also did you do the front fork cartridge install if so how hard is it ?

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 08:12:30 PM »

Installed Legend suspension on a 14 Limited.  Front and back. Was very happy with the Legend suspension.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

noharley

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 11:14:51 AM »

Any more updates on handling I’ve talked to some people about suspension and I have been really contemplating this route as it’s designed for 21” wheel bikes. I was going to just do the rear 13” shocks but they suggest doing both do you notice the front suspension being worth the extra 1000 bucks? Also did you do the front fork cartridge install if so how hard is it ?

Bump this question...I'm considering also.
12" Yaffees
KW 9" Sport Flare
V&H Header/FP3
Rinehart Motopro 45
Legend Revo A
Legend Axeo Cartridges

CJ CYCLE

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CJ CYCLE
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 12:23:02 PM »

If you install the cartridge yourself, and you mostly ride solo, only set the pre-load 1 turn.  If you ride solo a lot, I found that if you set preload higher, like say 2 turns, it creates a little harsher ride.  Still a great suspension upgrade compared to stock. 
CHOPS

CJ CYCLE

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CJ CYCLE
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 12:28:01 PM »

By the way, I am installing the Legend Aero suspension in my 2018 Road Glide.  I have also done some other mods to my bike this winter.  I will be changing the lowers and slider covers to gloss black, and I have changed the front blinker housings to gloss black. 

I am going to video my install of the parts, including the Legend Aero suspension and will post to my YouTube channel,
Chops Ahoy

« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 12:50:05 PM by CJ CYCLE »
CHOPS

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2019, 07:08:52 PM »

Went with the 21"front end kit and 13"in the rear.     Amazing difference on the new road glide. So much better than the stock stuff.    Pricey but really worth it.     Stuart.  :2vrolijk_21:

noharley

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2019, 04:02:19 PM »

Same set up on my 18 Gunship RG....hardtail'ish jolt is gone. Very smooth and solid feel. Anxious to trip evaluate....
12" Yaffees
KW 9" Sport Flare
V&H Header/FP3
Rinehart Motopro 45
Legend Revo A
Legend Axeo Cartridges

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2019, 11:06:09 PM »

I am very happy that I went with legend. Absolutely the best upgrade I could have done. Wasn't happy at all with the stock ride at all.  Stuart.

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2019, 01:56:08 PM »

Have Legend on my 2010, one of the best modifications that I made to the bike.  Considering on the new bike as well, but don't know if I should go to the air ride or not?
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 22 queries.