Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alto clutch/Aim VP95  (Read 1456 times)

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
Alto clutch/Aim VP95
« on: March 16, 2018, 10:20:12 PM »

I finally got the chance last weekend to install the Alto Carbonite clutch and the VP95 pressure plate. Install was a very simple install. Took longer to get the shifter and floor boards off than to do the rest of the job. I have had clutch issues since going the 117 route when 2up or even worse 2up with the trailer. 5th-7th gears were roll on gears if loaded because if you used the motor the clutch wouldn't even begin to hold it. I have been running solo back and forth to work this week and have found the smoothness and the friction area is so much better than what I have had. The heavy clank of dropping into 1st seems to be almost gone. The dragging of the clutch while stopped is gone. I have run through the gears pretty hard a few times this week and even with the AIM 95 and a 380lbs spring the clutch lever is still a fairly easy pull even at 5800 rpm, which was not what I was expecting. I was thinking of a lot heavier pull in the upper RPM range to overcome the AIM. Tonight was the first chance to get 2up on the bike a go. Very happy with the results, it doesn't slip, and I am finally able to use the motor in the last 3 gears. Now I am finding out how well this motor truly works and really liking it.
Most great stores start with a bad decision

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
Re: Alto clutch/Aim VP95
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 10:58:39 PM »

David, glad to hear that you're finally getting to experience that top end rush :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

How is Neutral??

What / how much Primary Fluid??

« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 11:38:34 PM by FlaHeatWave »
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 02:27:47 PM »

David, glad to hear that you're finally getting to experience that top end rush :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

How is Neutral??

What / how much Primary Fluid??

Ed,
Neutral is pretty easily found now, and will say that the times thst I struggle finding neutral are probably my fault from the days prior of having to kick and cuss to get it there and being rough instead of easy as it likes now.

Right now I am running 32 oz of the Formula + and it seems to be working well

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 09:09:46 PM »

Ed,
Neutral is pretty easily found now, and will say that the times thst I struggle finding neutral are probably my fault from the days prior of having to kick and cuss to get it there and being rough instead of easy as it likes now.

Right now I am running 32 oz of the Formula + and it seems to be working well

Glad you got it figured out.  It’s nice when things come together and make the rides fun again.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 10:15:03 PM »

Glad you got it figured out.  It’s nice when things come together and make the rides fun again.
We are sure enjoying it. Now if we could just gain another 10 degrees on the night time temperatures we could give it a try with the trailer loaded down.

Thank you Harry and Ed both for your suggestions and help

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.