Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: I've been quiet intentionally  (Read 3684 times)

PAhunter

Re: I've been quiet intentionally
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 02:46:27 PM »

Harley is on it's fourth generation oil pump now to solve the problem, while Fueling seems to have it fixed according to my Indy.

It's a fine looking Red Anodized Piece of tooling .. including the Cam Plate and you should not buy the pump without the plate .. However, I'm not convinced it's the pump. it may fix for a time but in the long haul whom among us is qualified to say it's fixed. I believe I could be that guy.. I really really struggle believing this is the fix for the M8. I do understand that the tooling has to be within a 1000's and simple variations could cause cavitation and the pump would stop working. So I would agree you can't go wrong w a very precision-ed tooled oil pump and plate that Fueling is putting out. And I truly appreciate their efforts, but until Motor Company endorses it, I will never chance losing my warranty over it. Something has to change more than changing the variables to except better scavage .. Moreover, for the MC to then change an acceptance point from 3oz to 6oz of drip from sensor, really .. It's a dry pump system, like a drag car engine, and great length is taken to allow that crank to spin w no restrictions .. scavage is scavage and any oil left behind is a loss of power if it indeed it is sloshing though the crank.

All this may not sound sweet to the ears, but you should hear what I have to say on a bad hair day.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 06:30:06 PM »

burrrr, its cold in here!
its good to hear or read where it should make no difference in how they are rode unless of course your at red line all the time.  they sure a s hell should be able to make these high  $$$ bikes run for many years   of spirted riding, or whats the point.   

Tn.Heritage

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2018, 08:15:05 AM »

It's a fine looking Red Anodized Piece of tooling .. including the Cam Plate and you should not buy the pump without the plate .. However, I'm not convinced it's the pump. it may fix for a time but in the long haul whom among us is qualified to say it's fixed. I believe I could be that guy.. I really really struggle believing this is the fix for the M8. I do understand that the tooling has to be within a 1000's and simple variations could cause cavitation and the pump would stop working. So I would agree you can't go wrong w a very precision-ed tooled oil pump and plate that Fueling is putting out. And I truly appreciate their efforts, but until Motor Company endorses it, I will never chance losing my warranty over it. Something has to change more than changing the variables to except better scavage .. Moreover, for the MC to then change an acceptance point from 3oz to 6oz of drip from sensor, really .. It's a dry pump system, like a drag car engine, and great length is taken to allow that crank to spin w no restrictions .. scavage is scavage and any oil left behind is a loss of power if it indeed it is sloshing though the crank.

All this may not sound sweet to the ears, but you should hear what I have to say on a bad hair day.
On the HD forum I think the cases are pointed out to be the blame, the return port for the oil isn't in the best location and if that isn't enough it's pretty small as well. IMO there's no way that HD did a large amount of testing on these newer engines or they would have had the issues that the customers are dealing with which is not good at all. This is the main reason I'm holding on to my 2014 Limited with 36,500 miles on the clock. My only concern is the stupid water pump's that go out around 30 to 40,000 miles or so but I've ordered a new one for piece of mind before our South Dakota trip in June. If and when they ever get the M8 issues solved I'll trade and it probably want be the water cooled engine but the oil cooled one for me, enough with the water pumps already.
2019 Limited Low 114, S&S 475 cam, PR's, LC's, lifters,S&S Sidewinder 2-n-1 with a Roland Sands AC. Tuned with a PV tuner at J&B Performance.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2018, 05:06:45 PM »

On the HD forum I think the cases are pointed out to be the blame, the return port for the oil isn't in the best location and if that isn't enough it's pretty small as well. IMO there's no way that HD did a large amount of testing on these newer engines or they would have had the issues that the customers are dealing with which is not good at all. This is the main reason I'm holding on to my 2014 Limited with 36,500 miles on the clock. My only concern is the stupid water pump's that go out around 30 to 40,000 miles or so but I've ordered a new one for piece of mind before our South Dakota trip in June. If and when they ever get the M8 issues solved I'll trade and it probably want be the water cooled engine but the oil cooled one for me, enough with the water pumps already.
That's what we said in 2007 :confused5:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.