Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Power Locks  (Read 1742 times)

sail

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE Black Garnet/Electric Red Pearl w/ Carbon Dust
Power Locks
« on: June 19, 2018, 11:54:06 AM »

Had the dealer replace a saddlebag lower because of a color match on a 2017 CVO Limited and now the power lock to that bag doesn't work correctly.  They tried several things, including
re-alignment, changing relay's, checked wiring, etc. but the best it works is one press locks the tour-pak and other bag, and if you press lock again the problematic bag locks.  Everything unlocks when unlock is pressed.  Seems very odd to me, like the polarity is off or something.  I just heard that another bike (came in and its tour-pak has the same issue.  Anyone heard of this?   

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Power Locks
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 03:31:15 PM »

I don't have the answer for you, but I do have a question.  Did this bag always have a lock problem, or did this problem only show up after the dealership changed out the bag?  I assume from your original post it started after they transferred all the parts from the old bag to the new bag.  If that's the case, I think you already know where the problem came from.

With the lid open while you watch the locking mechanism, press the lock button and see if the lock operates correctly.  Then close the lid and see what happens.  Any misalignment that causes the mechanism to bind can cause what you described.  The reason it would go ahead and lock on the second attempt would have to do with the amount of power needed to engage all of the locks at once, versus the smaller amount of power required to just operate one lock.  First make certain there is no binding, then make certain the electrical connections are pristine with no voltage drop across any connection.

Just a guess, hope it helps.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

sail

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE Black Garnet/Electric Red Pearl w/ Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 08:07:11 AM »

Yes, this all started when the bag was changed.  They have aligned the lock twice.  With the lid open the lock doesn't fully deploy either.  I don't want to lose ride time over such a stupid issue but since this has now happened to another CVO Limited (tourpak) perhaps by the time I bring it back in they'll have figured it out.   

ZVO

• Dark Platimum? That’s Silver and Black
  • Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO2: 2016 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE - Gone
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 04:07:12 PM »

I was wondering if the tour pak could be added with power locks but this thread has me thinking now
The Autumn Wind is a pirate.

rascal1007

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 08:44:44 PM »

I just did mine, a Chopped Tour-Pak on an 18 CVO Road Glide.

A bit of work but the electric lock is a nice feature

GB506

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 07:11:22 PM »

I just did mine, a Chopped Tour-Pak on an 18 CVO Road Glide.

A bit of work but the electric lock is a nice feature

I’m interested to know the parts and process needed to add power locking capability to your chopped pak. I’d like to do the same with my 19 CVO SG. I’d appreciate it if you could outline that. Tx.

michaelokielee@yahoo.com

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE / Traded
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 01:47:18 PM »

I’m interested to know the parts and process needed to add power locking capability to your chopped pak. I’d like to do the same with my 19 CVO SG. I’d appreciate it if you could outline that. Tx.

Several people have installed them!!
https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=114912.60
https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=89705.5100

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.