Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Help w/ throttle body and cams 110 to 117  (Read 12586 times)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
Re: Help w/ throttle body and cams 110 to 117
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2018, 11:43:23 AM »

I tried several different clutches in my 120+ HP Fatboy, always had neutral issues with all of them, then I decided to see how long the stock SE clutch would last in it. It was fine and had no neutral issues. Current bikes: wife's 2004 Screamin' Eagle Deuce at 121 HP and 125 TQ, stock SE clutch that came with the bike (they have a stronger spring) eight months on it so far. My Breakout 136 HP and 131 TQ, stock SE clutch that came with the bike (it too came with an SE spring), as of this date over 1 year on it. We drag race and street race(oops, I didn't say that!!!!) both bikes. A lot. I question why peeps are having clutch issues, or are they just changing them because it is recommended by someone. We have built many bikes over 100 HP with no clutch upgrades with no issues. I tell the customers, to run it and see if you have problems, you can always change it later. Just another (informed) opinion.  TIMINATOR
[/quote I already had the Rivera clutch and it was slipping during the tune. Installed the gold diaphram spring and no slip. Motor is 131" Still same issues with getting to Neutral while motor running can sometimes slip to N while coming to a stop light.

MCE

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2018, 11:07:10 PM »

If you can get it into neutral before coming to a complete stop, That helps allot.

85FXRS

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2018, 02:31:31 PM »

Hey guys
The answers on here are impressive and make sense on many subjects, and could really use some clarity please. I'll budget for crank if needed .. I decided on the 117 HD kit. Id really would like some thoughts though on a few things, if you could please help guide them.

~ I was told that if I keep the 50mm throttle body w the 117 kit it would be smoother on low end and possible more torque, I'd really like some validity on this thought?
~ Is there a better cam that would be better suited for the HD 117 kit, that has been tried with a good torque curve? showing 100lbs at 2k rpm and rising w V&H true duels, and Rinehart mufflers.
~ I am also not appose to changing mufflers, where could I find more torque w different mufflers? If were only talking a couple #'s I'm not really going after a change if I lose sound.
~ I am using S&S lifters to replace the SEagle.. If I'm missing something besides crank tell me your recommendations? I plan on leaving head be, for its still riding season here.

Thank-you
Hunter
Best to do what the motor wants. There are several builders on this forum who have their poop in a group. Pay attention, and only do the build once. It is a waste to  do otherwise. That being  downtime,  and the $$.
The frustration  of a redo simply is not worth it.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2018, 12:44:39 AM »

Thanks HD Street

Clutch upgrade? AIM okay? I'm not familiar w a clutch upgrade.

~ I was mistaken the kit does not come w 5.3 injectors so yeah OEM thanks.

~ I'm assuming your saying Dome Pistons .. which ones?

Thanks  when I did my 13 , a Tman street performer KIT, that came out at 124/124, I used a machine works bandit clutch , it worked well and no neutral issues and at the time it cost a lill over 500
Hunter
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:46:58 AM by fastfreddy »
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.