Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Boom Audio Speaker Inop  (Read 770 times)

fos41

• Full CVO Member
Boom Audio Speaker Inop
« on: August 13, 2018, 12:52:36 PM »

Have a  question about a right bag speaker not working on my `15 CVO Street Glide. Switched sides and verified both speakers are good. Is it reasonable to assume the rear amp has a bad channel? Not sure how to test amplifier to confirm before buying another amp.

Thanks,
Donnie

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
Re: Boom Audio Speaker Inop
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 01:22:01 PM »

The wires flex every time you open the Bag and pinch at the hingepoint when open.    If your like me,  that is the side I open and close the most.   
I would carefully inspect the wires as they could have broken inside the insulation.
Maybe check with an Ohm Meter (DVOM) from one connector to the other connector at the inside of the bag and look for continuity.    Also squeeze, wiggle the harness to see if you  get any noise.

fos41

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 02:41:27 PM »

Update on inop right bag speaker do use this side most often. I travel for work been gone a month and took me a few weeks to get a chance to check out my Boom System.

Bag wiring is good, both speakers good. Put the front amp and  plugged it into the bag wiring and both rear speakers (woofers) and (tweeters) play normally.

Learned each amp is 4 channel  2 for tweeters an 2 for woofers. Looks like the amp is bad with right woofer channel dead. Maybe this might help someone that ha the same problem as mine.

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 01:11:43 PM »

Interesting.   Thanks for the follow up and the diagnosis idea.   I would not have thought to swap the amps and test.   

fos41

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 06:00:49 PM »

You welcome it was a learning  process a very long time since messing with stereo.

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.