Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: 2019 cvo sumping  (Read 32830 times)

sethjamto

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

Re: 2019 cvo sumping
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2018, 07:43:39 AM »

Sounds like you may be good to go now! I had my ‘18 sump on me with 185 miles and the new 2019 upgraded oil pump and seal is doing good for me so far. I hope that is the fix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 CVO Limited - Dark Earth Fade - FM Jackpot - Rinehart MotoPro 45 - PV - Woods 22X - 114hp / 130tq

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2018, 11:20:47 AM »

I've got 3600 miles on my 2018 CVO RG, no problems, knock on wood.  I replaced the exhaust system with S&S headers and 2016 4.5 in. High Output slip-ons.  Also have an Arlen Ness Heavy Breather.  Lot more air than the HD version.  I am going to put the S&S oil pump and cam plate in this winter.  Also change to S&S cam. 

Has anyone sumped with the S&S pump and cam plate? Or the Fueling pump and cam plate?

Of course there is a reasonable chance the sumping issue is not caused by either the cam plate or oil pump...

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

CJ CYCLE

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE CVO ROAD GLIDE
    • CJ CYCLE
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2018, 12:24:18 PM »

Of course there is a reasonable chance the sumping issue is not caused by either the cam plate or oil pump...

Yes. 
CHOPS

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2018, 02:07:16 AM »

every time I see this thread "on the board" I cringe before I open it worrying its a 19 with new pump that has sumped. This time last year every night when I opened the forum someone else had sumped so I am getting my hopes up!
Alan

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2018, 08:35:40 AM »

every time I see this thread "on the board" I cringe before I open it worrying its a 19 with new pump that has sumped. This time last year every night when I opened the forum someone else had sumped so I am getting my hopes up!

I do the same thing Alan.  I really feel for you and Heatwave, if I'd had the same kind of experience with multiple failures I don't think I could have handled it nearly as well as you two did.  Here's hoping the problem really is resolved and everyone can stop worrying about it going forward.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2018, 06:06:08 PM »

Life is too short. I’ve moved on. I’m out of my ‘17 CVO Ltd and got out fully “whole”. I’ll enjoy my other bike and watch the market over the next yr. Maybe HD will launch a significant bike improvement OR maybe they won’t. If they get their act together next August, they will be back in consideration. If not, I’ll be moving to a new Brand of 2wheel entertainment.

Its just a motorcycle. But my days of putting up with poor quality or poor designs are over. No further patience for crappy products or crappy customer service particularly at ultra premium CVO prices. Too many good alternatives if the nonsense and shell games continue with 2020 models.

The threads and commentaries have been too repetitive for far too long for me to stay interested in the ongoing saga of HD’s bikes. Sometimes you just have to move on.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2018, 08:09:10 PM »

Life is too short. I’ve moved on. I’m out of my ‘17 CVO Ltd and got out fully “whole”. I’ll enjoy my other bike and watch the market over the next yr. Maybe HD will launch a significant bike improvement OR maybe they won’t. If they get their act together next August, they will be back in consideration. If not, I’ll be moving to a new Brand of 2wheel entertainment.

Its just a motorcycle. But my days of putting up with poor quality or poor designs are over. No further patience for crappy products or crappy customer service particularly at ultra premium CVO prices. Too many good alternatives if the nonsense and shell games continue with 2020 models.

The threads and commentaries have been too repetitive for far too long for me to stay interested in the ongoing saga of HD’s bikes. Sometimes you just have to move on.
You got rid of it after they did the engine with the new cases or whatever it was they did to finally fix it?
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2018, 11:41:47 PM »

Yep, I know longer own the bike.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2018, 02:37:32 AM »

I do the same thing Alan.  I really feel for you and Heatwave, if I'd had the same kind of experience with multiple failures I don't think I could have handled it nearly as well as you two did.  Here's hoping the problem really is resolved and everyone can stop worrying about it going forward.

Jerry
Honestly Jerry I didn't handle it very well as far as MoCo is concerned, threw a complete sh-- show at them including a couple guys that went to law school.
My "story" is almost over with dealer calling me today saying new bike is done with every option that was on my 17 SG installed or replaced including complete audio system, painted parts like heat deflectors and even license plate frame. Last obstacle is that CA has still not approved the stage 4 to install so we are "discussing" me taking bike and bringing back when CARB clears. Not comfortable taking bike without it being complete so now looking for document from MoCo stating that when installed regardless of date will be included in full warranty including 7 yr extended that was part of settlement. Been a ball of fun since May, why I bought the BMW. Now trying to convince my wife that me getting 2 2019 motorcycles was kinda an "accident"..
Alan

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2018, 07:01:12 AM »

Yep, I know longer own the bike.
Can't blame ya for it after everything you went through with it. No way you could trust it.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2018, 08:04:56 AM »

Honestly Jerry I didn't handle it very well as far as MoCo is concerned, threw a complete sh-- show at them including a couple guys that went to law school.
As far as I'm concerned, the MoCo fully deserved a $hit show, plus whatever else is worse than that.  Three years of M8 engines sumping and all they've done is put in that seal on the cam plate?  Un-f'n-believable.  Any engineers and managers who signed off on the plans for that engine better have been fired and ridden out of town on a sumping M8, forced to wait on the roadside for many hours in blazing sun and heat, spend several days of their vacation time trying to figure out how to get themselves and their gear back home and get their bike fixed, and having to argue with an HD "service" department and MoCo customer "service."  And no kiss before they get "serviced!  And the same treatment for all executives and department heads at moco!     :soapbox:
If you want peace, prepare for war.

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2018, 09:48:04 AM »

Chieftain looking better and better all the time. This is my go forward plan.

swhalen

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2018, 11:24:41 AM »

Chieftain looking better and better all the time. This is my go forward plan.
Have you gone to there forum yet. They have their own issues

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2018, 12:58:42 PM »

Have you gone to there forum yet. They have their own issues

Yes Sir I have. Every brand has issues but from my humble research it seems Indian has been way more upfront with their issues and seem to tell way less lies to the customer. Also the 116 rod issues have been resolved and are back on the market.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2018, 01:55:14 PM »

Yes Sir I have. Every brand has issues but from my humble research it seems Indian has been way more upfront with their issues and seem to tell way less lies to the customer. Also the 116 rod issues have been resolved and are back on the market.

And that's a key distinction and great point.  Having any issue is disappointing to a customer.  Having a manufacturer that's open and honest and communicates means a lot, no matter the product. 

My experience with head gaskets and compensators and lifters was more than disappointing.  But the poor communication and infuriating poor responsiveness of both the local dealership and the factory to these issues meant game over for me.  I still have my FXR and ride the hell out of it.  I still have my 07 SEUC, and the maintenance (and expense) it requires to this day to keep it rolling is ridiculous.  And I was hardcore Harley Davidson.  I had purchased 6 CVO's in 9 years, my last being my '07.  So I am very content to read of clutch issues and sumping issues and broken rocker shafts on the latest offering from the far sidelines... 

So if there is another manufacturer who is open and honest and communicates well, and whose culture is to quickly and competently diagnose and resolve their mechanical issues - well - it's refreshing and more power to them. 

« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 09:05:27 PM by sadunbar »
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 21 queries.