Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tire pressure on 2015 CVO Road Glide  (Read 4902 times)

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "I'm gonna see a man about a dog!"

• CVO1: 2015 FLHRUSE
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE (Sold)
Tire pressure on 2015 CVO Road Glide
« on: October 04, 2018, 07:11:25 AM »

I was reading a post on tire cupping and comments running 2 up at 52lbs rear and 45 front .

I have been using 42 rear and 36 front.

Any comments running the higher pressures?

They are higher than on the sidewall.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2015 FLTRUSE
Clearview GP 12", Fullsac DX, 2.25 power cores with screen and TTS Tune.

ultrarider123

Re: Tire pressure on 2015 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 08:07:41 AM »

I think you run a great risk running pressures that much more than what the tire manufacturer recommends.  I run 40 front and rear all the time, single or two up.  I've not had any cupping issues to date.

Running 40 psi cold, when the tire is warmed up it's running around 44 to 46 psi.  I would think starting at 52 psi cold, you could easily be in the upper 50's at operating temps and that's getting into dangerous territory....just something to consider.... ;D

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: Blue n Blue 2015 FLTRUSE - Lucille
    • CVO2: Grey n' Black 2011 FLTRUSE - Bertha (Sold)
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 08:27:43 AM »

G’Day Roadrunner,

I am with Haird on the pressures you are running. Tyres are rated for a reason & are the primary thing between the road & the folks aboard.

They need to be checked regularly & run within specified tolerances. I check mine cold & put half a psi more in them to compensate for air loss when removing the air hose.

I run 40psi rear & 36psi front on Lucille & have had no cupping in 25k. The tyres wear fairly evenly across the tread out to the chicken strips even with the different compounds & the highway miles we need to do to get to the twisties.

We travel 2 up with a load for touring most of the time. I am size fat & Miss Lenda barely weighs anything. Lucille handles nicely rain or shine on factory tyres at the recommended pressures.

To date Lucille has been through two sets of tyres & is about halfway through the third set. I know plenty folks get more mileage but I am happy with that.

Keep the shiny side up.

Cheers Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJ CYCLE

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE CVO ROAD GLIDE
    • CJ CYCLE
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 11:15:05 PM »

OEM recommendation:

Front:  36 psi

Rear:  40 psi

You have to check pressures often.  Tires will lose 2-3 lbs a month, so, check often and keep tire pressures at OEM recommended and your tires will wear longer and be safer when you really need them to work for you.  Whether it be on a tight twisty, or braking for that whitetail or muly darting out in front of you. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 11:19:37 PM by CJ CYCLE »
CHOPS

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 21 queries.