Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: TTS Lambda Table-What AFRs and Why  (Read 1262 times)

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
TTS Lambda Table-What AFRs and Why
« on: October 21, 2018, 11:49:42 AM »

Attached are 2 different TTS Main Lambda Tables from who I consider top TTS turners.

As you can see "Main Lambda Table 1" is set to run Open Loop except for cells 40:2000-85:4000 (as depicted by the red vertical bar on the left hand side of each cell)

The "Main Lambda Table 2" has a much different looking Open/Close Loop operational envelope.

To do a Vtune3 data run, You set the Lambda Table so all cells are close loop operation. Once you have completed your runs and update the VE table..ect....  TTS instructions to set Lambda tables back to original setting.

My question is how were the original Lambda table valves determined. 

Any insight as to what the Main Lambda Table should look like for a Street Glide use for touring.

Thanks
Cat
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 01:15:55 PM by Cat Eye »

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

Re: TTS Lambda Table-What AFRs and why
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 11:50:22 AM »

Table 1

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

Re: TTS Lambda Table-What AFRs and why
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 11:50:47 AM »

Table 2

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: TTS Lambda Table-What AFRs and Why
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 06:09:41 PM »

My question is how were the original Lambda table valves determined.  Table one is from Fullsak and the other is from TTS.

Any insight as to what the Main Lambda Table should look like for a Street Glide use for touring.

Thanks
Cat

Jim, your questioning is good but answers will be subjective. I've done lots of street tuning with the TTS and it's really not for the faint of heart trying to dial in the VE's. I now run a mostly open loop map with a small portion closed loop in light load cruising. Why, because I can is all I got and my motor seems happy. I've ran the standard TTS maps also with some street tuning too. I'm just offering my real world experience and would be glad to discuss in more depth in person sometime.

I think a professional tuner would be much more help and prolly do a better job than street tunes, but not all pros are alike as I've experienced in person the most famous tuner on the east coast and I wouldn't let him tune my lawn mower now.  :drink:

Good luck in your knowledge quest sir.

Wut the hell was that maneuver

hawgzilla

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 08:32:26 PM »

The tables are determined by the person doing the tuning.  I would have issues with both of those tables, but like TN stated, it’s a subjective thing.

rigidthumper

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 11:09:40 AM »

I believe AFR/Lambda tables (from the manufacturer) are designed based on cam profile and exhaust selected, as well as CARB/EPA requirements-cam profile determines overlap, which affects reversion timing, and exhaust design can help/hurt with both reversion and proper 02 feedback. CARB/EPA controls how much emissions are allowed during testing.
Looks like map 1 is a custom table, do you know which base map was used?
Looks like map 2 is something like EWD617, which uses TC24 cams , Crusher Powercell headpipe  with Crusher Mellow mufflers, made for a water cooled CVO TC applications.

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.