Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Doherty PowerPACC Question  (Read 11200 times)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Doherty PowerPACC Question
« on: March 09, 2007, 03:29:10 PM »

I'm going to get the PowerPACC, not sure if I should get the normal breather tube model, or the Power Vent? I know there are people out there who have these setups, what's your experience?

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Doherty PowerPACC Question
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 03:35:51 PM »

I'm going to get the PowerPACC, not sure if I should get the normal breather tube model, or the Power Vent? I know there are people out there who have these setups, what's your experience?

Talon...I got the Powervent model and it appears to work great!!  Nicely made!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 03:57:41 PM »

I agree, it's well made, so you have no problem with oil on your motor?

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 04:14:07 PM »

I agree, it's well made, so you have no problem with oil on your motor?

Not a drop...and I don't just putt around.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 04:16:12 PM by TCnBham »

TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 04:19:30 PM »

Not a drop...

I haven't seen any oil at all either. I use the elbows and tubing into the backplate. You can run the tubing down to beneath the frame if you're worried. They give you 3 methods of piping the PV's. I haven't pushed the bike yet, but since these things control crankcase pressure, they cant be worse than stock, which rout your breather to the SE A/C backplate anyway. If you have oil carryover problems, it wouldn't be caused by the PV's. You'd get this whether you use PV's or not IMO. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 04:34:54 PM »

With the MystFree kits installed up top I've only got nipples sticking out and down out of the heads.  No line routing anyplace.  So if it was going to spit or mist I'd see it someplace.  Not a drop or a film (at least so far).

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 12:02:55 AM »

I got the power vent model.  It seems to work fine.  I'd recommend calling Tim and asking him about the PowerPACC questions.  He's a really nice guy.  -the SG
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 08:55:50 AM »

Well, I ordered the PowerPACC with the vents, yesterday, thanks for the info!

HDguy

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 08:44:44 PM »

I just recieved my powerpacc with vents today. It is definitely a quality piece. Can't wait to put it on.
2006 flhtcuse,V@H true duals with classic slash cut mufflers with end caps, slotted six spoke drive sprocket,fuelpak tuner,nav sys,stage 1 intake,chrome inner primary,SE six speed trans,chrome intake backplate.
2005 flstsci,aux lights,se mufflers,sta

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 10:53:30 PM »

Brother Beagle deserves a big thank you from Doherty for the hoses and fittings that connect the power vents to the backing plate. Beagle hooked his up with brass fittings etc and then spilled his guts to Tim Doherty about what he did. When I bought the kit for LD and we set it up, it was an exact match for what Beagle had on his only with plastic tubing and fittings. With Doherty's original Power Pacc kits you either hung some plastic hose down the side of the engine and through the frame to drip on the ground or you had mist coming out the bottom of the vents getting all over the bike. Everyone who's bought one of these owes Beags a beer for his idea. Tim Doherty owes him free filters for life

IMHO

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2007, 03:45:41 PM »

DPP update. Powervents started puking yesterday. A little oil puking from A/C assembly. Time to route the hose from the backplate to the ground, like the good old days! Might try the MistFree's when I do the cams and clearance the rocker boxes. But I'm keeping it for that S&S cover. I'll just puke on the floor instead of my right saddlebag! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 12:46:07 AM »

DPP update. Powervents started puking yesterday. A little oil puking from A/C assembly. Time to route the hose from the backplate to the ground, like the good old days! Might try the MistFree's when I do the cams and clearance the rocker boxes. But I'm keeping it for that S&S cover. I'll just puke on the floor instead of my right saddlebag! ;) Hoist! 8)

Howie...how much oil is in your bike.  Mine did this until it reach about 1/2 quart low, then stopped.  Seems by bike likes to be 1/2 quart low, like many others.

TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 12:48:02 AM »

clearance the rocker boxes.

ooh, is yours one of "those" with the rat-a-tat-tat?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 08:43:22 AM »

Terry, just enough oil to have a little spray on the right bag and side cover. Nothing significant. I thought I picked it up on the road until I checked the bottom of A/C cover, and it was wet. The bottom of the filter is a little black and wet from the oil. The oil is still the original fill from HD. I'll keep it a little lower and run the breather hose to the ground if I have to. I'll keep an eye on it. It's just enought to be annoying, but not enought to worry about.

Don, I have no noises, but when I do the cams, I'll need to check it and make sure there's enough clearance then.

Hoist! 8)

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 10:52:06 AM »

Howie....mine had not done it since my last oil change at 10K, as I was just making short runs, but on the way to Hot'Lanta to get the forks done, I was running between 80-90 some of the time.  It puked a bit out...not much, like you say.  It must have met it's own equilibrium, as it did not do it again after that, and I ran at some higher speeds the following day.  I think we all have a tendency to want to keep 'em up to the full mark with oil, but they really like it better a bit low...doesn't hurt a thing.

TTS Mastertune
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.