Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Saddle rebuild  (Read 858 times)

TraumaSlave

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

Saddle rebuild
« on: January 07, 2019, 02:00:27 PM »

Wanting to have my SEEG seat rebuilt. Mean City said they don't do CVO seats for multiple reasons that don't apply, heated seat and can't restretch the leather. Well, no hwated seat and looking at new cover so,, they probably will work on it. But,, looking for other suggestions of shops to do the work. Want to keep the same look (snake embossed) and probably go with leather cover. Thoughts?
A cat almost always blinks when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer.

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
Re: Saddle rebuild
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 05:42:30 AM »

Bitchn Stitchn www.bsseats.com Lakewood CO. I was at his shop in September of last year. Dan is the owner and he spent well over an hour with me. I needed more comfort on long rides. He noticed right away what was wrong with Hammock seat. There is a piece of cloth that stretches from the front to the rear of the seat. This is why they call it a hammock. It had pulled loose from one end and collapsed. He said this is a very common problem with these seats. He took My seat apart and put back as  it was originally done at the factory except he put two pop rivets in that locked it in place and assured that it never would happen again. He is very knowledgeable I spoke with him about other mods to my seat and will be sending it to him soon before my next long ride.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.