Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New battery  (Read 918 times)

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
New battery
« on: January 17, 2019, 08:57:36 PM »

Anyone tried this battery? I believe it has the correct dimensions for a Harley bagger

https://www.renegadebattery.com/Power_Sport_Batteries-12_Volt_30_Amp_Sealed_Maintenance_Free_Battery_2.html
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 09:01:46 PM by bigchuck »
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: New battery
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 12:09:10 PM »

Anyone tried this battery? I believe it has the correct dimensions for a Harley bagger

https://www.renegadebattery.com/Power_Sport_Batteries-12_Volt_30_Amp_Sealed_Maintenance_Free_Battery_2.html

Chuck,

I bought this battery back in February and it is an upgrade from their 500 cca to the 600 cca.  The price then was $109.95.

I installed the battery and it cranked somewhat slow, but started.  I put it on the tender and all was good as I didn't ride in that time frame.  Then about a month later I took off the tender to use on my '76 FLH for about a week.  When I tried to start my CVO with the Renegade battery, it would only click, no crank.  I put it back on the tender and eventually it would start.

I did the same thing again with the tender and for Easter we were going to ride the CVO to the car show and the battery was down again and would not start.  You know it's really hard to jump with a big charger on boost with the battery shield cover in place.  A long screwdriver with the + lead on the shank and then held it for a few minutes before I tried to crank.  It started and we rode about 40 miles to the show and it started back up and got us home.  I put it back on tender and have continued to have the same issues now even on the tender.

I show high 12's for voltage then drops to around 12.3 with ignition on.  Cranking it drops to under 7v.

I've contacted them with pictures now twice in the past two weeks and still no reply from them.  I have not yet called, but they should at least reply to their e-mails from customers.

I'm not truly sure if this is going to be a good long term situation with Renegade batteries.

I took my old battery, HD from 4-14 and charged it and popped it in the CVO and it's still working okay, but just a little slower than I like.  So that's why I bought the new battery in the first place.

I'll let you know how it all turns out.

Keeping my fingers crossed that Renegade gets back with me and takes care of this under warranty.  But they also ask that I pay to send it back.  That's going to cost $15 to $20... :(
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: New battery (Renegade 600cca)
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 12:09:41 PM »

Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.